• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

Just as well you chose Thorpe because I've already started building it!

Anyway, for my fellow Console builders, I don't think (but then I am an idiot) that Console edition has this fabled Scenario Mode so I've had to just guess the size. Also I think all of us are using PlayStation (unless anyone is using Xbox?) so anyone more technically minded than me want to collate the clips on PSN and use some magic to get them onto Google Drive or something?

Anyway, for my fellow Console builders, I don't think (but then I am an idiot) that Console edition has this fabled Scenario Mode so I've had to just guess the size. Also I think all of us are using PlayStation (unless anyone is using Xbox?) so anyone more technically minded than me want to collate the clips on PSN and use some magic to get them onto Google Drive or something?
I'm on Xbox and all recorded clips are uploaded automatically. No idea how it works on PS5 but this should help...

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/games/ps5-edit-share-screenshots-clips/#share

If Console doesn't have the scenario mode, I do have a possible suggestion for you.

I know it sounds a bit crude, but why not build yourself the base of a building in wall pieces and add up the number of 4s required to make each dimension to determine how many wall pieces you'll need (wall pieces are 4m long)? And then ensure your ride sticks within that footprint? In this case, the footprint limit is 250m*100m, which if we're being generous would mean you could outline a footprint of 63 wall pieces by 25 wall pieces (roughly).

Or if you're able to download my Steam Workshop file into the Console Edition, why not use that? Does PS5 have a web browser that allows you to reach TS or the Steam Workshop?

Also, I sat down for a few hours and just completed my submission! The video is just uploading to YouTube now, and I have to say, I'm personally pretty pleased with the outcome, particularly given how quickly I completed it... I hope you guys like it!

Or if you're able to download my Steam Workshop file into the Console Edition, why not use that? Does PS5 have a web browser that allows you to reach TS or the Steam Workshop?

Also, I sat down for a few hours and just completed my submission! The video is just uploading to YouTube now, and I have to say, I'm personally pretty pleased with the outcome, particularly given how quickly I completed it... I hope you guys like it!

Pop a post on here Matt when it's uploaded to YouTube, I'd love to have look and see how it's done from a pro.

No Steam unfortunately on Console. Frontier have their own version of the Workshop. Xbox and PlayStation players can upload and download cross platform but not with Steam. I'll get one of my kids to sort it, about time they did their old man a favour.

Pop a post on here Matt when it's uploaded to YouTube, I'd love to have look and see how it's done from a pro.

No Steam unfortunately on Console. Frontier have their own version of the Workshop. Xbox and PlayStation players can upload and download cross platform but not with Steam. I'll get one of my kids to sort it, about time they did their old man a favour.
I could see if I can look for this Frontier workshop on Windows... or is it only for the Console players?

I'll certainly be posting here when I'm done, as that will be my submission. I appreciate the compliment, but I'm hardly a pro; I certainly still have my weaker suits in coaster building, and those weaker spots get even more obvious once you move into the theming side of things, and attractions like dark rides!

Sorry to double post, but I have completed my submission for Round 1! A tad early, I know, but I'll admit I'm personally quite pleased with it; I hope you all like it!

So without further ado, here is Exodus, a Mack hyper coaster:
Project-Exodus-Improved-Layout-Overview.png

Project-Exodus-Improved-Entrance.png

In terms of stats, the ride is as follows:
  • Name: Exodus
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Model: HyperCoaster
  • Height: 237ft
  • Drop: 235ft at 90 degrees
  • Speed: 82mph
  • Length: 5,763ft
  • Inversions: 4
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 4.3G (overall), 4.2G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.9G (overall), -1.8G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,604pph (dispatch every 53 seconds, average of 10 using Dispatch Timer)
It's probably worth me noting that I don't think the throughput would be that high in real life, or using a more precise figure like I use in my own parks, as the guests are pretty enthusiastic in PlanCo compared to real life ones, and the restraints close automatically, but chances are that it would hopefully still pass the 1,000pph threshold.

I also built a station and entrance archway and added some trees to the queue and plaza area, just to take the unthemed edge off a bit, but I haven't gone too overboard.

So that is my improved version of Project Exodus, which is my Round 1 submission! I really hope you like it, and I'd be very keen to hear your feedback!

Also, here's the Steam Workshop link, if you'd like to take a look for yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2747599923

Just to clarify we don't have to give steam links to our submissions do we? Doing that would give away me real identity.
No, that’s just something I chose to do.

Only the video is technically required; the longer post and Steam Workshop link were things I chose to do in case anyone desired a bit more context than the video.

How do you actually select a footprint with the scenario editor at the moment I'm failing to do so.
It should be under the editing corner in the top right, and you should find it under Park Settings or similar, where it says “Edit park dimensions and guest spawn points”.

Failing that, here’s a Steam Workshop link to a pre-made sandbox park with the required dimensions if you’re struggling to make the map yourself. You can download this and use it if you wish; it’s exactly the same map as I used: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2747501879

Last edited:
Screenshot-20220209-210327-Xbox.jpg

Screenshot-20220209-210246-Xbox.jpg

Off ride and POV:

• Name: RIP Loggers Leap x
  • Manufacturer: RMC
  • Model: I Box
  • Height: 244ft
  • Drop: 2441ft 90 degrees
  • Speed: 84 mph
  • Length: 5,439
  • Inversions: 2
  • Trains: 3 trains
  • Throughput: Not sure but definitely way over 1000
Quite proud of this one, might send it to Varney and Runnymede Council.

Heavily inspired by Steel Vengeance but with tighter elements due to the small footprint to work within.

No idea how to view ride footprint on console version but it looks OK to me. If not and there's a way to check I'll start it again.

Screenshot-20220209-210327-Xbox.jpg

Screenshot-20220209-210246-Xbox.jpg

Off ride and POV:

• Name: RIP Loggers Leap x
  • Manufacturer: RMC
  • Model: I Box
  • Height: 244ft
  • Drop: 2441ft 90 degrees
  • Speed: 84 mph
  • Length: 5,439
  • Inversions: 2
  • Trains: 3 trains
  • Throughput: Not sure but definitely way over 1000
Quite proud of this one, might send it to Varney and Runnymede Council.

Heavily inspired by Steel Vengeance but with tighter elements due to the small footprint to work within.

No idea how to view ride footprint on console version but it looks OK to me. If not and there's a way to check I'll start it again.

Wow; brilliant work @RicketyCricket! Certainly puts mine to shame, anyway!

In terms of the footprint; by eye, it looks fine to me. Particularly seeing as you've built it within a Thorpe recreation, thus giving you a rough idea of the sort of space you have to work with anyway.

Wow; brilliant work @RicketyCricket! Certainly puts mine to shame, anyway!

In terms of the footprint; by eye, it looks fine to me. Particularly seeing as you've built it within a Thorpe recreation, thus giving you a rough idea of the sort of space you have to work with anyway.
Does the video look really had quality or is it just me? Might have to reupload.

Does the video look really had quality or is it just me? Might have to reupload.
Don't worry about it; it looks fine to me! I think capturing in PlanCo just doesn't produce the best quality, for whatever reason... mine was the same, even when I set it to 1080p on YouTube.

I can get the gist of your ride well enough, and what I saw was pretty great!

I like it @RicketyCricket really good. You’ve made excellent use of the space. First drop looks really good and The headchopper looks like it adds a lot to the experience. Looking at it I think it just comes in on the said space on google earth and therefore would on the footprint, I’d be happy to accept that as fair @Matt N (obviously it’s your game and you decide I was just saying that I agree with your decision to accept it)

Don't worry, there's no rush; you still have until 15th February!

Doing that would give away me real identity.

Not Batman are you??

I've actually done 2 (3 days off) but since an RMC better than mine has already been entered, I think I'll go with my B&M. Just filmed it and found out I can upload to YouTube direct from my console but can't remember my bloody PSN password!