• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

Admittedly this isn't as polished as I would like it to be,
Molto Veloce

Duration: 47.8s
Track Length: 1396m
Max Speed: 110mph
Average Speed: 65mph
Biggest Drop: 104m
Max Lateral g-force 2.65 g
Max Vertical g-force 4.96 g
Min Vertical g-force -2.49g
Max Forward g-force 2.05g
Min Forward g-force -2.44g
Number of Inversions 2
Airtime Count 4
Total Airtime Duration 5.0s
Throughput: About 1200pph I think

Admittedly this isn't as polished as I would like it to be,
Molto Veloce

Duration: 47.8s
Track Length: 1396m
Max Speed: 110mph
Average Speed: 65mph
Biggest Drop: 104m
Max Lateral g-force 2.65 g
Max Vertical g-force 4.96 g
Min Vertical g-force -2.49g
Max Forward g-force 2.05g
Min Forward g-force -2.44g
Number of Inversions 2
Airtime Count 4
Total Airtime Duration 5.0s
Throughput: About 1200pph I think

Not bad at all! You’ve responded to the challenge in a very unique way (an Intamin Accelerator is certainly a very novel take on the idea of a 235ft+ Exodus replacement), the stats are impressive, and some of the elements look great fun!

Overall, I think this is a really good submission! (And talking more generally, I think all of the submissions have been excellent thus far; great job, everybody!)

Late Entry- I'll throw my hat into the ring

Poisson - Planet Coaster PC

Exobus - A Thorpe Park coaster designed in 2 hours, named by Leek Signs.

5125ft long, 250ft tall Invert with a 205ft drop that reaches 80mph through 5 inversions. Throughput of 1,458pph.

XBLillKNRkK6tGj_AYlfIA.png

vxsJoZFNSTO5eTkq-94JqA.png

yAX3Sg2ATw-1qZEnG97z3Q.png

Lruchxo_TAGR8wa2SeS58A.png

J_-B0pbkSNygFMjpISqA3g.png

5125ft long, 250ft tall Invert with a 205ft drop that reaches 80mph through 5 inversions. Throughput of 1,458pph.

That’s a pretty good submission you’ve got there! Certainly very unique; I don’t think I’ve seen an invert like it, and some of the elements are very novel!

I was going to suggest you join this competition @Poisson very interesting submission, I like the first drop, it’s sort of like an invert equivalent to a wing over drop. It’s very unique that’s for sure.

PE-layout.png

PE stats.png
Throughput: circa 1200/hour

A pretty rushed attempt, but I don't hate it considering I've not spent much time on it! The brake section at the end absolutely needs tidying up but there we are.

Great submission @Burbs; well paced, and a nice mix of airtime hills and inversions, in my opinion!

OK, everybody; sorry to double post, but just as a reminder; you have 1 day, 7 hours and 30 minutes remaining to get your round 1 submissions in!

By the looks of things, most people have; I’m only waiting on @Matt878787, @Skyscraper and @mo237 now. No rush, though; get it in when you’re ready!

I'm going to have to pull out I'm afraid Matt. I just haven't got round to starting yet.
That’s quite all right! Do you mean that you can’t participate in this round, or the competition as a whole?

Because if it’s the former, all it would mean is that you’d be at a bit of a disadvantage compared to the other players, as you’d get 0 points for round 1; a great submission in the other rounds could easily claw it back!

Here's my entry!

Thorpe lack a huge coaster that doesn't really invert, and the UK needs an airtime machine - so that's where I got the idea for this. Would also get the marketing award of "UK's Tallest and Fastest". Probably more of an Intamin than a Mack.

Throughput: 1100pph (Approx)
Height: 75m
Speed: 84mph
Length: 1921m
Positive Force: +5g
Negative Force: -2.4g

r1wEzBu.png

ppu58zF.png

QA5aNAB.png

Here's my entry!

Thorpe lack a huge coaster that doesn't really invert, and the UK needs an airtime machine - so that's where I got the idea for this. Would also get the marketing award of "UK's Tallest and Fastest". Probably more of an Intamin than a Mack.

Throughput: 1100pph (Approx)
Height: 75m
Speed: 84mph
Length: 1921m
Positive Force: +5g
Negative Force: -2.4g

r1wEzBu.png

ppu58zF.png

QA5aNAB.png

Very nice; great work @mo237! There’s certainly lots of airtime in there, and the inversions are nice to add some different sensations in!

That’s quite all right! Do you mean that you can’t participate in this round, or the competition as a whole?

Because if it’s the former, all it would mean is that you’d be at a bit of a disadvantage compared to the other players, as you’d get 0 points for round 1; a great submission in the other rounds could easily claw it back!
That's a good point, let me have a think.

Dam, missed this! I'll jump in on the next competiton if possible.
You can still join for Round 2, if you’d like (or even Round 1, if you can build a submission and post it on here by Wednesday), but just bear in mind that you will be starting at a disadvantage compared to other contestants!

just had a random thought @Matt N I notice this thread is called round 1 are you planning to create a separate thread for round 2? I think it would be easier if it all remained in the same thread but that is of course your decision.

just had a random thought @Matt N I notice this thread is called round 1 are you planning to create a separate thread for round 2? I think it would be easier if it all remained in the same thread but that is of course your decision.
No, everything will remain in the same thread; I just named it round 1 to make it clear to everyone what stage in the competition we’re at. I’ll alter it slightly when voting begins, and when round 2 begins, I’ll rename it round 2.