• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

One challenge suggestion I've though of, please can we do a budget challenge?
That would be an interesting one, actually! Although I’m admittedly not sure how you’d implement it, as I don’t think budget is quite as easy to view and manage as things like throughput, height, length, footprint etc.

Sorry to double post, but if you want to vote in this round, you’ve only got 1 day, 10 hours and 17 minutes left to do so!

OK, everybody; round 1 voting has now closed! And we have our final Round 1 ranking! If you haven't been following the little score tally I've been keeping in my opening post, the overall Round 1 rankings are as follows:
  1. @RicketyCricket - 33 points overall, 1 Realism point, 0 Originality points
  2. @Matt.GC - 25 points overall, 1 Realism point, 0 Originality points
  3. @mo237 - 17 points overall, 1 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  4. @Matt N - 16 points overall, 2 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  5. @Burbs - 14 points overall, 2 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  6. @Matt878787 - 11 points overall, 1 Realism points, 0 Originality points
  7. @Poisson - 4 points overall, 0 Realism points, 6 Originality points
  8. @JAperson - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 1 Originality points
  9. @Thameslink Rail - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 1 Originality points
  10. @Skyscraper - 0 points overall, 0 Realism points, 0 Originality points
So with that in mind, our Round 1 winners are as follows:
  • Round 1 Overall Winner: @RicketyCricket (33 points)
  • Round 1 Most Original Winner: @Poisson (6 Originality points)
  • Round 1 Most Realistic Winner: Tie between @Burbs and @Matt N (2 Realism points)
Well done, everybody; great submissions all round!

But now that Round 1 is over, it's time for Round 2! And your challenge for round 2 of the competition is...
Family Thrill Coaster for Drayton Manor
  • Context: Drayton Manor is said to be clearing space for a brand new roller coaster coming within the next few years. Pandemonium was removed this off-season, and Apocalypse is said to be on the chopping block next. With the park moving increasingly towards families, the new ride can’t be too extreme, and the combined area of Apocalypse, Pandemonium and Test Track isn’t huge, so what can you come up with in this area?
  • Constraints: Maximum Height 82ft/25m, Maximum Speed 50mph/80km/h, No Inversions, Maximum Footprint 212ft/65m*237ft/72m (The largest possible footprint that combines Apocalypse, Pandemonium and Test Track’s areas).
Other than those criteria, what you build is entirely up to you; family thrill coaster is an open-ended brief!

Get building, everybody... I can't wait to see how everyone responds to this brief! The submission deadline is 1st March 2022 at 11:59pm.

Last edited:
Any chance of another workshop park with the dimensions, Matt?
I'll second what Burbs said. I tried setting up the first park and made a mess before using the template.
I will absolutely do that, and I don’t know why I didn’t do it last night, as I’d normally do it along with the round 2 initial post; I totally forgot, sorry!

Expect one to come along a bit later on…

Hi @Matt N, I missed this competition is it possible to enter even if I’ve missed the first round? :)
Yes, absolutely; just make a post saying your name and what game you’re playing on and I’ll add you to the list!

The only thing to bear in mind is that you will be at a slight points disadvantage compared to other players, as you’ll be missing round 1.
P.S. That goes for anyone else who missed round 1 and would like to join as well.

Sorry to double post, but the Steam Workshop template is now downloadable via this link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2762409432

Sorry for the wait; hope that template is OK for you.

I apologise in advance, as I think this could be a much more challenging round than I'd anticipated... while I of course haven't started building my submission yet, I did plonk a few sample pre-built layouts of mine into the plot to gauge the rough size, and I did also build a few sample lift hills to check that the maximum height had been implemented correctly, and let's just say... I'll be very interested to see what people are able to build in this plot of land, as it's a pretty tight space!

And if this is the plot of land that Drayton's next coaster ultimately occupies; I'll be very interested to see what they cram in, too...

Sorry to double post, but the Steam Workshop template is now downloadable via this link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2762409432

Sorry for the wait; hope that template is OK for you.

I apologise in advance, as I think this could be a much more challenging round than I'd anticipated... while I of course haven't started building my submission yet, I did plonk a few sample pre-built layouts of mine into the plot to gauge the rough size, and I did also build a few sample lift hills to check that the maximum height had been implemented correctly, and let's just say... I'll be very interested to see what people are able to build in this plot of land, as it's a pretty tight space!

And if this is the plot of land that Drayton's next coaster ultimately occupies; I'll be very interested to see what they cram in, too...
What are the dimensions in sqmtrs Matt for us console players as we can't download the template and would need to measure manually?

I'm actually looking forward to this one as 25mtrs is very low and the footprint does look tight. A hell of a lot of creativity will be needed with this one in terms of layout.

What are the dimensions in sqmtrs Matt for us console players as we can't download the template and would need to measure manually?
Sorry, I should have said that above in the constraints!

The footprint is approximately 65m*72m, or 212ft*237ft if working in imperial, which makes the square metre size approximately 4,680 square metres. For a real-world example, that's a touch larger than the area that Spinball occupies (although Spinball is a bit thinner and longer than this plot of land, so wouldn't quite fit).

Also, 25m is approximately 82ft if working in imperial.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely; just make a post saying your name and what game you’re playing on and I’ll add you to the list!

The only thing to bear in mind is that you will be at a slight points disadvantage compared to other players, as you’ll be missing round 1.
P.S. That goes for anyone else who missed round 1 and would like to join as well.

Thanks Matt!

I’m playing on Planet Coaster PC
Looks like I’ll have to get the afterburners on and catch up ;).

Last edited: