• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Site Discussion & Feedback

Being brutally honest, I think that many of the more recent changes to the site have made it look far too busy and cluttered. Maybe that will change when the 1st Birthday banner disappears but every time I visit the site, I feel I'm being bombarded with unnecessary faff.

On another note, has anyone else noticed the twitching duck on the homepage?

Bare in mind that everything you see is all still very much a work in progress. Features will come and go as the design evolves, and at the moment we're still sort of hovering between both the new and the old, hence it feeling a little busy in places :)

Are notifications working OK for everyone? Because I've had a good few posts quoted in the last few days and no notification has come up :S

Alastair said:
Are notifications working OK for everyone? Because I've had a good few posts quoted in the last few days and no notification has come up :S

I'll look into that this evening as I think it might have been related to the 2.0.3 update I did of SMF the other day! :p

Joel said:
Alastair said:

I'll look into that this evening as I think it might have been related to the 2.0.3 update I did of SMF the other day! :p

Got a notification for this one!

Not sure I like the shadows on the homepage. Think I preferred the original style a bit more. But the new news boxes are pretty cool with the fading images (except the shadows again).

Random question that doesn't really need it's own topic: I seem to be getting some unusual gibberish tacked on to the end of the URLs of forum pages. But it's only visible on my iPad (Dolphin browser), I've yet to see it on a normal PC.
Examples:

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/#.UeC8yWt5mSM

http://www.towersstreet.com/talk/unread/#.UeC9BWt5mSM

It seems that the page loads with a normal URL first, then this oddness suddenly appears once everything is loaded. It's different every time I refresh or use back /forward buttons.

I hasten to point out that this is in no way affecting my surfing of the forum. I'm just curious as to what it all means?
*gets the fear about this being some kind of NSA tracking number*

Re: TowersStreet Site Discussion & Feedback

Sod NSA tracking. This is Joel tracking. He knows your every move!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DiogoJ42 said:
Random question that doesn't really need it's own topic: I seem to be getting some unusual gibberish tacked on to the end of the URLs of forum pages. But it's only visible on my iPad (Dolphin browser), I've yet to see it on a normal PC.
Examples:

It seems that the page loads with a normal URL first, then this oddness suddenly appears once everything is loaded. It's different every time I refresh or use back /forward buttons.

I hasten to point out that this is in no way affecting my surfing of the forum. I'm just curious as to what it all means?

It's happening to me on Chrome on my PC (Vista) also:

q15v.jpg

Re: TowersStreet Site Discussion & Feedback

It'll be due to the upgrade to SMF which was carried out last week. Nothing to worry about :). Joel is away at the moment but it's something he'll no doubt be along to explain when he's back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Sure... nothing to worry about. That's just the sort of think the NSA would say...

This site is dead, it has about 15 active members who manage about 10 posts a day.
It's not a community, its a Facebook group by another name, you might as well save your time and money and shut this site down and carry on on Facebook.
That's where you will find me.

Sorry to hear you feel that way, ChocolateStarfish.

Best of luck! :)

DiogoJ42 said:
Examples:

Well the good news is that it was actually tracking you and everything you do. The bad news is, I've turned it off now :p

Nah, it wasn't really tracking you personally, it was a service from AddThis.com that basically powers our share buttons, and adds a unique ID to each URL when it is shared to see what page it originated from on the site.

I forgot to disable it when the big new 'Share & Bookmark' button was added in the footer because I really don't care for knowing where each shared URL originated from on the site :p

Well that would explain why I didn't see it on my PC then. Huzzah for Adblock!

Scary stuff. Glad to know it's been disabled now. ;)

Don't worry Diogo, all your information is safe! Why just last night I backed it all up onto this CD, which never leaves my si-n... Er... Excuse me one moment...

*runs to call National Rail about an item of lost property*

ChocolateStarfish said:
That's where you will find me.

From reading this, i'd also presume you'd be leaving.

And to be honest, if you feel TowersStreet is so inactive the logical thing to do would be not to visit a inactive forum; hence why people thought you were leaving.