• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tripsdrill: General Discussion

Re: Tripsdrill 2013: Gerstlauer launch (Anubis clone?)

There's a little group of parks in this part of the world that could make a neat little trip: Europa Park, Tripsdrill, Holiday Park and Walygator.

I can't believe I've only just noticed but the launch coaster is not the only new attraction for 2013! When I was there this summer they were redoing the park entrance street but what I didn't realise that this is a brand new attraction.

Inside will be an adventure play area and a kid’s drop tower although from the pictures I'd hesitate to call it a frog hopper:

2eaa15e71d83f5a1-Murmelturm_1.jpg

http://www.parkscout.com/magazine/tripsdrill-new-for-2013/gerstlauer

Tripsdrill.jpg

For a park that seems to leave such big gaps between each project this is a surprising double addition.

As for the coaster it seems that after a long period of no motion the site has rapidly started to take shape.

224052_510543322313023_826648968_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/ErlebnisparkTripsdrill/photos_stream

Out of interest this area is quite far away from Mammut so assuming that it will still go under the ride it's probably going to be quite a long coaster :)

Pedro said:
Trailer ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TdGnWGE15Xo#!

It says, "The most spectacular Launch coaster in Germany".

That's definitely a challenge to achieve. I can only assume they mean this by including something new or major into the coaster. Something that's not been done in Germany or even the world before.

Or it's just a general marketing statement.

I'm Afraid it's only marketing. But still the launch goes from 0 to 100km/h in 1.6s, where bluefire needs 2.5s to reach the same speed.

In 1,6 seconds - it will be the second fastest launch in Europe.

Impressive. I expect this to more thrilling than Blue Fire, for sure - based on Gerstlauer's record with launch coasters.

AstroDan said:
in 1,6 seconds - it will be the fastest launch in Europe.

Ah, but it could feature Gerstlauer's rolling start, so having the same acceleration, but a lower time needed to reach the top speed.

Nick said:
AstroDan said:
in 1,6 seconds - it will be the fastest launch in Europe.

Ah, but it could feature Gerstlauer's rolling start, so having the same acceleration, but a lower time needed to reach the top speed.

This is true, which I forget. Novgorod is already travelling at some 20mph before it even launches.

I don't know about Novgorod, but the launch on Anubis is really quite forcefull and very thrilling. Gerstluaer seem to be coming up with some good stuff at the moment, they're really upping their game. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

:)

It's unfortunate for Tripsdrill that ringracer might actually open this year as a challenge to this new coaster. I bet they're hoping for another S&S cock up to put it back another year at least. :p

I dont think Ring Racer is going to have Tripsdrill crapping in their pants. People aren't going to go to the Nürburgring for a 'theme park' day out.

Wasn't that the initial idea for the whole Ring Werk idea? It obviously didn't go too well, when we had a look this summer it was as ghost town!

Anyway, this looks like it could be an amazing ride. Gerstlauer is having a big year it seems!

And here we go!
Photos from the Facebook page of Tripsdrill, and Coasterfriends.de
Also this view from the coaster on the new map :
imagetbil.jpg

266720_532203223480366_138531980_o.jpg

204586_532202796813742_529175710_o.jpg

191966_532202556813766_1880811174_o.jpg

51216429.jpg

65339232.jpg

11989506.jpg

33382264.jpg

It looks really impressive! :D Apparently there will be an underground part! the launch? It could be amazing!

Going by that park map, it will launch in the tunnel.

Yes. This coaster look more interesting with every news coming. And knowing Tripsdrill, it will have a great theming, and storyline.
It could be a really good surprise. :)

So have they dropped the idea of going under Mammut or is it just drawn on the map like that to make each ride stand out more?

Nothing is sure at the moment. But apparently it will be something like on the map, with no interaction with the woodie.

Re: Re: Tripsdrill 2013: Gerstlauer launch (Anubis clone?)

Tim said:
So have they dropped the idea of going under Mammut or is it just drawn on the map like that to make each ride stand out more?

Unknown. When I spoke to management in 2010, that was the plan (I'm where the info came from), but obviously, plans can change. I'm so going back again this year for it. :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Fluch von Novgorod launches in a tunnel, and it really adds to the theme/experience of the ride!

:)

Slightly comforting at least to see another coaster scheduled for 2013 opening that is just a mud pit at this stage.