• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Half Term Meet: 16-17 February 2013

Re: NEXT MEET: TS Half Term Meet: 16-17 February 2013

What a turnout today!

Was lovely to see so many new faces too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Had such a good day!

Pros:
+Met loads of lovely people
+Sunny weather
+Being on park again for the first time in forever

Cons:
-The crowds. The queues. SO MANY PEOPLE QUEUEING FOR EVERYTHING. Even the shop at the end of the day had a massive wait, never seen it like that! And I was expecting it to be quiet!

Still, being honest I went along today for the people more than the rides. And my ride count - Nemesis x2, Hex x2, Duel and Air wasn't too bad.

I abselutely loved it, and will make such a big effort to come to more meets in the future. For those who have yet to come along, I strongly recommend making the effort.

I missed TheMan attending a meet! Damn! :(

Lol! :p Hope you guys are having a great time!

Good day. Tiring, forgot how tiring these things can be!

Absolutely surreal experience for me, coming back to meets after 5 years away and seeing how much the group of people has come on and expanded. This contributed to my shyness and quietness a bit. But it was awesome to catch up with old faces!

Awesome to meet Sam and enjoy a chat on the way back to Derby and many thanks to Dan for the lift back to Uttoxeter. See everyone in March :)

Had a great overall day today, although the park certainly felt like it was lacking in many areas other than the ride line up. It was nice meeting new people [Ashlee, Russ, Katy, and Liam briefly on the bus to Towers] and talking a lot more to people I've only briefly spoken too previously. Looking forward to March now :)

To those who made me feel exceptionally welcome, and continued some great banter throughout the day, a big thank you.

And as for the little group of re-riding nemmy whores I ended up with :D - fair to say a normal day with such big queues would irritate me, but today, the queues were some of the funniest moments.

IT'S MR KIPLING!!

Anyone care for some Darjeeling and Battenburgs?

Met and got to know a few people I wanted to for a little while now, which was awesome, and met a few people I didn't expect too and had a riot.

Thanks, still smiling now about it.

And oh my word - for those not been on a meet, you should attend if only to witness the absolutely legendary levels of faff! This is not just a word, faff at a TST meet is in itself an event... I would queue to witness faff of this magnitude, hilarious! (To be fair, today, you pretty much queued for everything anyway).

Would I go again on a busy day? I would usually say no, but you know what, I probably would.

Yeah just wanted to reiterate what the man said now I finally have data signal back.

Thanks to all those that took their time and effort to come say hello. I had no idea just how many there were!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Really enjoyed this weekend at towers (tavern) would like to say thank you to everyone. And good to see the new members :)

I'm back home and certainly feeling tired after two days on park (and a night drinking :p). It was a great meet with such a massive turnout, I cant wait to see what the rest of the meets are like for 2013. It was also good to see so many new members, sorry if I didnt come and say hi but im sometimes a bit shy :p

After last years meet with all the snow and every ride closed, it was nice to see a busy park and what nice weather we had! I will see you all again on opening day (if not before!).

Another great weekend :)

Highlights

+ Watching excerpts from Roller Coaster in slow-mo at Astro Towers
+ Being back on park
+ Meeting some new people
+ Alton Towers actually being busy at Feb Half Term
+ The mysterious path to the entrance we'd never walked down before
+ The Moshi stuff seemed to have been done well
+ The Box Office Twitter feed :p
+ Hex looking (and sounding) good!
+ JoshT's Hex ad-libbing ("£6 for parking!")
+ Everyone geeking out at the supports being moved
+ The Mobile Command Centre™
+ Spending quite a bit of time over the weekend sat by the Tavern
+ Vane radio antics :p
+ Magrathea's shoe fail
+ Woodcutters' new playlist!
+ "EMPLOY ME!"
+ "There's four managers in the station, no wonder it's stacking" :p

Lowlights

- Not getting many rides done, especially for half term
- Lack of transport between the hotels and the park
- The Weathervane is rather vile
- The gardens not being open (seriously, Linda!)

AOB

+ Thanks to Magrathea for booking the rooms, and Dave for being a good roommate
+ Thanks to Astro, Craig and Nat for lifts throughout the weekend
+ Thanks to Astro for Friday night accom

See you all soon! :)

Jordan said:
+ JoshT's Hex ad-libbing ("£6 for parking!")

That was probably the funniest moment of the meet for me!

Had a great day on park Saturday - lack of atmosphere more than made up by the (as always!) lovely group of people :D

Highs

- Uttox Box sosche on Saturday morning
- Getting back on Nemmie after her yearly hibernation
- Remembering how good front row actually is!
- Seeing everyone again - and meeting some new faces too (TheMan, LiamC & e4kenndr spring to mind immediately, but sure there were more I've missed!)
- Joe's transformation into Mr Kipling in the Nemesis queueline
- SW7 supports! :D
- Park being busy by FHT standards
- Moshi Monsters event seemed to be well thought through (Although still none the wiser as to what they are!)

Lows

- Not being able to do the full 2-day meet & missing out on Saturday night antics
- Retail and food/drink outlets not coping with the amount of people on park
- Just felt like there was a genuine lack of atmosphere
- Gardens being closed off
- The Weathervane clientele making it not feel particularly safe

AOB

- Thanks to Nat for lifts to/from the park
- Thanks to Astro and Vik for the peer pressure resulting in me going to Blackpool next weekend :p
- Thanks to everyone there for just being amazing :D

Literally just got back in after a spontaneous excursion to Astro Towers last night after the meet! Thanks those in attendance, was great to meet all you newbies and hope you come on more meets, glad to see the regulars back in top geeky form!

Insert 'I had a lovely time despite LATENESS' here, insert something about high/low/thanks being written at some point here, insert 'I'll have a meet video up at some point when I'm not so busy' here.

:p

Brilliant weekend, and I'd say the most atmospheric I think a Feb Half Term event has ever been - also lovely to see new faces (sorry if I was rubbish at saying hi, but welcome aboard!) had a lot of fun and now left with memories, a shoe situation, and a significantly lighter wallet :)

See you all in March!

...EMPLOY ME

Mike said:
- Seeing everyone again - and meeting some new faces too (TheMan, LiamC & e4kenndr spring to mind immediately, but sure there were more I've missed!)
- Joe's transformation into Mr Kipling in the Nemesis queueline

It was a pleasure to meet you mate :) - and Joe suddenly doing a Mr Kipling and the resultant conversation is probably the most entertained I have ever been in Alton Towers queue. ;D

DARJEELING ANYONE? I am bringing the picnic basket next time!

Front row, even though it wasn't "that" cold, still felt like going through a blast chiller! There is something about February cold, that is colder than October cold, why is that??

Have a couple of group photos (minus a number of members) thanks to the wonderful Sazzle :)

P1080339_zps34d0d00c.jpg

P1080340_zps937ddd7d.jpg

Also available to like/tag/comment/download for "personal reasons" over on our Facebook page! :)

^ Great photos :) Yet you pulled the same face in both photos - could've mixed it up a bit :p

Was great to see everyone again and to meet some new faces.

High points

-Watching supports of The Smiler being lifted into place
-Seeing the track of The Smiler first hand
-Getting back on Nemesis again
-Seeing faces new and old
-Mini room sosche with Black Holes Crow, ben. and his Girlfriend Katy
-The abuse of Dan off Georgia
-Lewis taking photo's of Georgia on his Nexus while she was trying to do her hair
-Walk on Nemesis on sunday

Low Points

-Not feeling 100% due to this stupid cold
-Saturday being rather busy and the queues
-General Meet Faff

Thanks

-Ben. and Katy for keeping us company at the vane
-BlackHoles Crow for the transport and sorting the room out for the weekend

Thanks for a great meet and see you all soon. :twirly:

Thanks for a great time, guys... sorry I didn't spend a time with a lot of you... but when someone goes 'Tavern?' and there's limited ride offering/large queues, then who am I to refuse. :)

Standard chilled February half term meet... no worries about large ride counts or anything like that, just how I like it. :)

Slightly concerned being conked out by half past twelve on Saturday night, despite a gathering of people in mine and Cod's room... sounds suspiciously like getting old, must rectify that next time!!

Think I only rode Nemesis, Duel and Hex. :D

Thanks to Danbini for putting me up spectacularly at his place on Friday and Sunday night. And to Dave "Evil Cod" Turdland for being a SUPER room-mate on Saturday night, despite the usual abuse!!!

Was lovely to see so many new faces, even I found it a little overwhelming..!! :)

love love xx