• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Scarefest Meet: 19-20 October 2013

30 attendees and counting :)
Looks like we might have to do our now traditional morning trip to corner coffee and let people arrive gradually rather than SUDDENLY being overwhelmed by a massive group like in August then, Dave? :)

Hitch said:
Thanks everyone, I think I will come along. The train times seem okay but one more question, what scarefest tickets will I need ? And where do you get them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

There are a few options for scare mazes:

- Freedom Pass - Gives you access to all the paid mazes (Sanctuary and TOTT) and fastrack for the Carnival for the whole of Scarefest. £50 or £40 for annual pass holders.

- Freedom Ticket - Gives you access to all the paid mazes (Sanctuary and TOTT) and fastrack for the Carnival for one day. £20 or £16 for annual pass holders.

- Scaremaze Combi Ticket - Entry to the paid mazes (Sanctuary and TOTT) once. £10 (Before 5pm), £12 (After 5pm). And for annual pass holders £8 (Before 5pm), £9.60 (After 5pm).

You can either buy these on the website at Altontowers.com, or on the day from the box office. We will more than likely (infact very likely!) be doing the first available time slot for the mazes (either 12 or 1, depending when they open).

Sunday isn't too bad, just Saturday midday. I'd wait and see if that changes though as Im sure they said a dry spell is on its way on the weather earlier!

It isn't a Scarefest meet if it isn't freezing a peeing it down at some point! It's unnatural when we have one and it's warm and dry :p

Sorry chaps, I won't be there for this weekend as I couldn't push my luck with holiday at work, and I'm going to give Scarefest a miss this year to save some money as it's a bit too samey this year :(

I should be there for Sunday fireworks though, so see you all then! :D

Hitch said:
Will we get the full details soon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Jabberwocky said:
Where and when are we meeting on the saturday?

Not sure what you mean by full details. As for when/where we should meetup, normally on the first day its a case of meet at Splash Landings around 8:45. Of course this might still change depending on what the team see fit, but its fairly standard for most meets. As for the Sunday, it will be more of a case of turn up whenever you are ready and then meetup at a certain place later in the day. I will let the team elaborate more on that.

Thats what I mean't, I was just wondering if I will be okay to come to the meet at 10 because train and bus times suck. :twirly:

Yeah turn up whenever you can and try and contact people in the group. I'm not sure if anyone has any other plans, but posting your time of arrival in one of these topics or on the TST FB page is probably your best bet and we will reply with our location. Not sure if using the chatroom would work better??? I will leave it up to a team member to come up with an official plan.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

There's no strict rules and times for the meets, unless there are any time sensitive events which we have to make sure we get to in time for. People can come and go as they wish at any time through the day.

The only tradition we have with regards to times is group photos, which usually take place after lunch, but again, there's no obligation. It's just something nice to be a part of, and get your face on the site too!
- The photo will be at 3pm on the lawns near Carnival of Screams/Goalstriker -

We usually have an early morning meeting place announced a couple of days before the event, which is usually Splash Landings or Alton Towers Hotel lobbies just before the park opens, but this is entirely optional, and some people join the group later on, as it's not always possible for everyone to get to the resort earlier than usual. If anyone wants to show up later they can just find us and tag on. Likewise, if you need to leave earlier. Sometimes smaller groups may like to split off throughout the day if for example, some want to do a particular ride/attraction/maze too (I can guarantee there will at least be me doing an anti-maze sosche :p ), so we're pretty flexible with it all really :)

Like I say, expect the morning meeting point to be announced in the next couple of days, but don't fret if you can't make it.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again :D

I shall be in attendance on the Saturday. I'm so excited to see everyone, it's been too many months since I last saw you all. Freedom ticket booked for the Saturday & I'll be coming along with that Admin Guy off here (who I'm unfortunately engaged to)

I think what they are trying to say is, that they know they can come and go, but how will they find us? A starting point is good as they join the group at the beginning of the day and stay with us. I think as Craig said in another topic, its probably best to just keep updating the official Facebook page with our location.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Anyone intending to buy a Freedom Pass for Scarefest (either the day one or the event one) - please note that Towers have advised they'll be taken off sale tomorrow, so make sure you buy them as soon as!

Ok, sorry, I asked about this a few days ago but I've been rubbish and absent pretty much ever since, so I'd guess people's situations might have changed:

Does anyone have spaces in rooms for the Saturday night? Not only have Ste and I missed out on a room at the Vane, we are pretty skint and need to keep costs down. Loved the last couple of meets though so really want to stay nearby so we can join in properly.

Ian, I'm glad you said about an anti-maze sosche, although I will brave the mazes, I'll be far too scared to do them more than once!