• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Scarefest Meet: 19-20 October 2013

Try Travelodge Rugeley?

I'll be in Rugeley staying with a few folk at Astro Towers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My space at vane is up for crabs if you need it, put its only one place unless you or your partner don't mind sleeping on floor or tightly packed on a single bed. Ask Dave Lee Pritchard

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Jonathan said:
Freedom passes for Saturday have now sold out.

I'll hold my hand up and apologise for that, I bought the last one this morning! Sorry guys :p

I have to say, it's promising for the event as a whole that the tickets are selling so well this year!!

Sammy said:
Jonathan said:
Freedom passes for Saturday have now sold out.

I'll hold my hand up and apologise for that, I bought the last one this morning! Sorry guys :p

I have to say, it's promising for the event as a whole that the tickets are selling so well this year!!
Couldn't agree more there. It says to me that Towers should at least consider adding a fourth maze for future events, whether it be on park or at the hotels.

Might be promising news for them, but the pessimist in me is concerned that organising it in this way is going to make it an even busier and more frustrating experience than some of us had last year :/

Equally, surely there'll be some tickets left to purchase on the day, else Alton's guest services can prepare themselves for outrage from any disappointed guests they turn away. Either way, while this is really positive news for the event, I don't think that'll help visitors this year. Glad we've got a weekend to make the most of it :)

AstroDan said:
Try Travelodge Rugeley?

I'll be in Rugeley staying with a few folk at Astro Towers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Now booked out Im afraid.

I personally am still in need of accommodation. Im looking at the travelodges in Stoke Trent and Crewe Barthomley. I can book a room if anyone will be staying for friday and saturday night. In addition if anyone has space, I have a sleeping bag, and i don't mind sleeping on the floor. WillG may be my driver, but I havent heard back from him yet.

Has anyone checked Travelodge Ashbourne? It's only a short drive from the park, and well placed with regard to roads :)

I'm on the floor in Dave Pritchard's room, so I dare say we could squeeze another 1 or 2 people if 1 doesn't mind going on the floor, and Dave doesn't mind.

If I remember rightly, there's usually a sofa in Vane rooms (Except twin), so there could be one of those to sleep on which may be a bit more comfortable than the floor for someone (Note - I'm not responsible if there isn't one :p )

Ian said:
Has anyone checked Travelodge Ashbourne? It's only a short drive from the park, and well placed with regard to roads :)

I'm on the floor in Dave Pritchard's room, so I dare say we could squeeze another 1 or 2 people if 1 doesn't mind going on the floor, and Dave doesn't mind.
Ashbourne is fully booked :(

Yeah Im up for the floor, where are you at?

As arranged via facebook Ste and I will now be staying with Ian and Dave...thank you!! We are so grateful! We're going to bring loads of duvets etc so will be fine with sleeping on the floor or wherever really!

So excited to see everyone again! It feels likes ages since Oakwood! :twirly:

Weather is looking slightly better as well after checking today. Sunshine and showers most of the weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Scarefest is happening for me. :D

With regard to the mazes, I'm guessing we'll be heading there to get into them as close to 1pm as possible, as I'm trying to work out what timeslot I should book for my ticket.

Oh, and if anyone needs a lift back to the Vane, then let me know - I may have spaces.

Does it costs loads to buy tickets to the mazes on the day? I might give them a miss as im going there the week after and might do them then instead, there must be someone else not doing the mazes surly ?

I know allot of people are giving lifts from uttox, but again if anyone needs driving too the park, or to the vane just ask, I'm heading that way ether way.

I have been unable to get the Freedom Pass for the mazes, due to not having any money until today, what slot should I choose for the combi maze tickets?

If anyone needs a lift to the Vane in the evening drop me a message I have room for 4 ATM.

Chances are I'll be there this weekend now. Does anyone know if Guest Services are open till 9 also? I don't wanna cart all my crap around the park with me is all!