• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Scarefest Meet: 19-20 October 2013

In lastminute.com fashion, I have only just started considering this meet. I would stay two nights (Fri and Sat night) and I would leave mid afternoon on sun to get back home. I need to take a day of work, and i need to find accommodation for the two days. And maybe someone to drive me from stoke to towers etc. So in short, help!

^
The lift part, I can probably help you out with - especially if you go to somewhere that isn't Stoke, I hate Stoke station... :)

I'll be there on the Saturday. Working Sunday. Costume pending.

Do you accept new people? Ive always wanted to come on one of these meets but never got round to it. :twirly:

Hitch said:
Do you accept new people? Ive always wanted to come on one of these meets but never got round to it. :twirly:

We were all new once, I went on my first meet last year and would consider some of these people my best friends, best case scenario you have a great day, worst case, who cares, your at Alton Towers, ether way you win ;) Seriously though everyone is so welcoming.

Is anyone riding The Smiler in the dark ? & where does everyone meet?

Hitch said:

I'm sure there will be some members who will be wanting to ride the Smiler in the dark. A team member will write in this topic with the meet up times for both days so keep an eye on this thread this week. :)

Lottie. said:
Hitch said:

I'm sure there will be some members who will be wanting to ride the Smiler in the dark. A team member will write in this topic with the meet up times for both days so keep an eye on this thread this week. :)
Okay, Thanks I think im in :D

Is anyone just going for the Saturday going to be driving in the vicinity of Stafford with room in their car for two rather large oafs (oaves?)?

I would have offered but my car is full.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hitch said:
Lottie. said:
Hitch said:

Okay, Thanks I think im in :D

The park opens for 10am during Scarefest, so most people will likely meet around the entrance/towers street around 10am. Sometimes people do meet in the hotels before hand, but that will be posted on the forum sometime this week if we do.

In other news I have now bought a freedom pass :D

Hitch said:

I went on my first meet in August. I was terrified (I struggle with social anxiety), and my husband had to literally drag me up to AstroDan at the start of the day, but it was fantastic, and we went to all three days of the meet and ended up going to another meet at Oakwood in Wales a week later.

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I will be there next weekend, look forward to meeting you :twirly:

I know that some people (me especially) can find it hard to go up to new members and say hi, but seriously we are all there for the same reason, to have a good time and a laugh! So yeah don't worry about fitting in or whether anyone will talk to you. We are a crazy, outgoing bunch of people, so you're sure to fit in fine!

Sorry, I didn't pay that much attention last time I mentioned this, and I guess things will have changed since then. So is anyone looking for someone to share rooms? Ste and I are looking for accommodation for Saturday night. As much as we'd prefer to stay together, it's just somewhere to sleep for the night, and we'd rather be with everyone else. So does anyone have spaces in a room, preferably at the Vane? We're pretty skint but it'd be cheaper to stay near AT than drive home and back again!

So excited for Scarefest, never been before! :twirly:

Thanks everyone, I think I will come along. The train times seem okay but one more question, what scarefest tickets will I need ? And where do you get them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Please, everyone, accept my apology as I cannot attend this wonderful meet! :'(

I'm transferring stores for my job, and I've got a show lined up, all of which coincide with these dates! Which is arse!

You'll see me all soon though, I promise. I have NO excuse to not be at opening this time round.

I love you all, have a fantastic weekend.