• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Main Season Opening: 22-23 March 2014

Re: NEXT MEET: TST Main Season Opening: 22-23 March 2014

Ok, so I'm definitely going to meet up with you guys, hopefully during ERT and the lovely MattyH is giving me his number so I can find out where y'all are! Slightly nervous about meeting you for the first time, and I don't know many of your faces other than the team's.

So yeah, looking forward to it, but really nervous considering I'll be on my own. :/

Tom.B said:
So yeah, looking forward to it, but really nervous considering I'll be on my own. :/

Don't worry Tom! Many people first join TST meets on their own. Once you've found the group, you'll be very much welcomed! :)

^
Marvellous :)
Although in light of how rough work's been so far this week, I may need a day that weekend to stay in bed and do next to nothing... My day job is taking more of my energy that I would like, but business before pleasure now I'm 26 and all that :p
I'm a definite for Saturday, and, although I've failed to get Vane sorted for that night, I'll hang around to be sociable for a bit... Sunday will depend on my mood.

I have brought my ticket for the saturday now :D

Should be a good meet :) It seems ages ago since Feb half term and even longer since fireworks.

Hi,

Does everyone typically stay grouped together on the meets, or do people split off in smaller groups? Considering I've never met any of you before, if it is the latter, I wouldn't know who to go with. :(

We generally tend to stay together, then at lunch break off into different groups as people tend it eat at different places. Then there's a meeting point at a certain time after lunch, which usually turns out to be at the Rapids!

:)

Rob said:
We generally tend to stay together, then at lunch break off into different groups as people tend it eat at different places. Then there's a meeting point at a certain time after lunch, which usually turns out to be at the Rapids!

Oh that's cool! Do many go to Woodcutters, as it's probably my favourite place on-park to eat!

Tom.B said:
Rob said:

Oh that's cool! Do many go to Woodcutters, as it's probably my favourite place on-park to eat!

Woodcutters is normally a popular venue for lunch yes!

Rob said:
Tom.B said:
Rob said:

Woodcutters is normally a popular venue for lunch yes!

Unless they're not taking card payments. Then a lot of us hate the place ;)

Generally most people will go to either Woodcutters or Explorers, though a few will usually go to either Burger Kitchen or Fried Chicken Co. too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and finally having the park full open once more :)

I too am looking forward to this meet a LOT! I just can't wait to get back on The Smiler and Congo River Rapids... Obviously Nemesis too, but that was open at Half Term so it's not been so long.

:D

Looking forward to getting back on my Blivvy and Rita!

It's all about getting back on the Rapids! ;D

What is it with TST and the rapids? Quite curious now!

It's a generally very social ride with a quite unpredictable experience!

Looking forward to this and seeing everybody again! :D

I'm just looking forward to both days in general, my 2nd ever meet so should hopefully see some of the people i met at Feb half term, plus some new people too :)

AshleeKel said:
Is anyone still looking at sharing accommodation?
I still have a space in the Splash hotel on Saturday if you need it.

Looking forward to coming up for my first Meetup in about 3 years! I promise to take my critics hat off at the park gates. Looking forward to meeting some of the new gang in town.

I'll be around on the Sunday.

:) :)

Croftybaby said:
I promise to take my critics hat off at the park gates.

Are you trying to feel like an outsider or something?