• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Main Season Opening: 22-23 March 2014

Re: NEXT MEET: TST Main Season Opening: 22-23 March 2014

I will just add here - the Sunday meeting point of 9:30am doesn't necessarily mean that I or any other member of the team guarantee our presence. You'll notice that the Sunday meeting time is 1 hour later than Saturday, because generally we don't get to the park quite so early on the second morning otherwise it's two early get ups at the weekend.

The meeting point on Sunday is for those wishing to spend the whole day, it may well be that some people don't arrive till slightly later in the morning.

:)

My plan is to head to the Vane after ride close on Sat and eat there, as its on my way home and I know a few people are stopping over :)

• Hey all!

Just a quick run-down of 'must-knows' for the collection of your badges during the TS Opening Meet 2014.

Collection will be available ideally at the group photo - time and place to be specified in the next few days (please keep an eye on the Forum & our meetup Facebook Event page!) but this is ideally during early afternoon on the Saturday.
    • Please remember that I will be accepting exact change only - that's £2.50 per badge, multiplied by the number of badges you have.. :D
    • I will have a fabulous helper during the meet, and the following information is very important:
    • If your first name (real name) begins with letters A - I (inclusive), PLEASE SEE MYSELF FOR COLLECTION
    • If your first name (real name) begins with letters J - Z (inclusive), PLEASE SEE RUSSELL FOR COLLECTION
    • For those collecting on the Sunday of the meet, collection will need to be arranged with myself/Russell before lunch (12pm) as we will only be spending a half day on park

Looking forward to seeing you all at the weekend :D

Sorted my transport, I'll be on park in a random group of 7. I'll do the secret and completely inconspicuous run-up-and-hug-people greeting when I see you lot :p

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, me & son will be on park at 9am for ERT so will have to find the group (although I'm sure we can't miss you) after 10.

Sazzle said:
  • For those collecting on the Sunday of the meet, collection will need to be arranged with myself/Russell before lunch (12pm) as we will only be spending a half day on park
I will have to collect off you Sarah please, due to the fact I have no idea who Russel is. My name does begin with 'A' too :p

Thanks.

smudge said:
Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, me & son will be on park at 9am for ERT so will have to find the group (although I'm sure we can't miss you) after 10.

How old's your son? Hope he's similar to me! :)

Tom.B said:
smudge said:

14 - his name is Joe and he's my step-son officially. (I didn't have a child at 13 fortunately :) )

smudge said:
Tom.B said:
smudge said:

14 - his name is Joe and he's my step-son officially. (I didn't have a child at 13 fortunately :) )

Ooh that's good, I'm 14 too!

That's good. He'll be happy someone else his age will be there. He's into Star Wars, Xbox and usual 14year-old stuff (I guess) so I'm sure you'll get on. We are just attending Sunday, will you be with the main group do you think?

smudge said:
That's good. He'll be happy someone else his age will be there. He's into Star Wars, Xbox and usual 14year-old stuff (I guess) so I'm sure you'll get on. We are just attending Sunday, will you be with the main group do you think?

Oh just Sunday? I'm only attending Saturday unfortunately. :(

Tom.B said:
smudge said:

Oh dear, maybe he'll come along next time too. We can't make the Saturday unfortunately.

smudge said:
Tom.B said:
smudge said:

Oh dear, maybe he'll come along next time too. We can't make the Saturday unfortunately.

Aww that's a shame. :( I should hopefully be at the Sunday of the Staffordshire Double meet. :)

Okay so I think I'm right in saying we will meet at 1.30pm at the Submission Memorial Garden for a group photo and pin exchange :).

Lunch is likely to be 1230 for an hour with the Submission garden as a rendezvous point.

Can't wait!

Scott said:
Tom.B said:
And now, ladies and gentlemen, the Tom forecast!

There is a chance of rain early in the morning, however from 0500 'til 1700, it will mostly be sunshine and clouds, with highs of a sticky 8°C.

Information from https://www.google.co.uk/#q=weather+forecast+alton+towers+saturday
Um, that says it's likely to rain from 12 onwards ;)

Well that's what it said when I looked. It could easily have changed. :)

And just 17 hours to go (ish)!

Last minute plans.

I'm in! Likely with my offspring.

Yes, I spawned a mini-me!

Mwuhahahahaha.

Sazzle said:
Submission Memorial Garden

LOLOL!!!!

TheMan said:
Last minute plans.

I'm in! Likely with my offspring.

Yes, I spawned a mini-me!

Mwuhahahahaha.

Sazzle said:
Submission Memorial Garden

LOLOL!!!!

Your offspring? How old?

That's me all packed everythings in the car ready for what i need saturday night at travelodge, just gotta sort my stuff out for what im wearing in morning when i get up, and sunday at park. Gonna bring a waterproof jacket just incase