• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Merlinpool Meet: 22-23 September 2012

I'm there! :D

I really enjoyed last years Pleasure Beach meet! And i'm well up for doing it again! :D

me and becky will be there and its my birthday weekend too so its going to be one hell of a party

will probally stop at the colonial hotel as the beds are better than travel lodge, comes with breakfast buffet and has a fantastic bar.

last time i was there 4 weeks ago i talked to the manager and if we can get 20 people to book rooms (you pay on arrival but give a card number to secure) then they will beat the price of the travel lodge. they will even keep the bar open all night with music and cheap beer too
plus they have free parking for guests so no parking charges either

I certainly want to come, but have no idea if I'm able to until next month.

Would also be looking for a room if I was to be going...

I can't do the whole weekend, but I'm interested in joining you all on the Sunday, as I have never done any of the Merlin attractions at Blackpool.

Don't mean to shout about it, but it's my 30th Birthday :-X that week, so would anyone be up for a few drinks on the Saturday night?

I will of course be there for both days :)

"All the loooooooveeeeeeers" :D 8)

Asking TST members if they will be up for a few drinks on a meet is like asking an alcoholic if they wants a drink, infact some members might fit into both groups :p

First Adam's birthday do suggestion on the Friday eve and now Wayne's birthday do suggestion on the Saturday eve? My the group is spoiled for sweet alcomahols on this Blackpool meet! ;)

I have just had a look on the Travelodge site and it seems the South Shore hotel is fully booked (or it doesnt display results), the other two Travelodges are £75 for the night!

I'm going to be pulling out of this. Something had come up - hopefully something great - which means I need all the money I can get, and need to cut out all the frivolities I had planned

djtruefitt said:
I have just had a look on the Travelodge site and it seems the South Shore hotel is fully booked (or it doesnt display results), the other two Travelodges are £75 for the night!

Holy *quickly breathes inwards* that's ridiculous! For anybody who fancies staying Friday eve onwards, which is what Dave and I have in mind, it's about £120-£130 for the two nights! It's strange though considering September is rather off peak for hotel bookings. South Shore though is totally fine, it's showing results for me.

Are there any other hotels in Blackpool that charge less than £60 for two nights?

edit: Big Blue Hotel room for £233 anybody? ;)

I seem to be able to get results if I book Fri £59.95 and £69.00 = £128.95. Or Sat £69.00 and Sun £35.00 = £104. But if I search for Saturday only it says "The hotel searched for does not have any availability for the date(s) you have chosen. Nearby alternative hotels are shown below. "

I shall hopefully be able to make both days of this. However, not sure I'll be bothering with the Merlin attractions on Sunday. Been around a midway once, you've been around it a thousand times :p

I've always wanted to go to Sandcastles though... Might try and squeeze that in for Sunday :D

Oh, and Maggie, if you value those fabulous legs of yours you'll pass on the Mouse. I still have grazes and bruises all up my legs from the other week. I kid you not! The only coaster to make me draw blood... :p

I will probably be attending this since my family want a day out at Blackpool and if they trust me for TST Sammich and I return safely they said they'd trust me to go to BPB. So count me in for BPB as possibly-attending.

Sooo I should be there (possibly as the only official team rep so far.... boooo! :p) providing I still have my car (hopefully so!) both days, with Ian, whether he likes it or not ;)

Having to stop at Travelodge Preston as its the only cheapest option now, a little annoying but seemingly typical for Blackpool these days.

There is a POSSIBLE chance that I will have 2 car places (or 3 if you're really small) in my car for a Blackpool - Preston Travelodge - Blackpool run on Saturday evening/Sunday morning - you can PM me if you're interested HOWEVER I have to make it clear that I can't guarantee this lift at the moment as I'm relying on having my car available which is an unknown quantity at this time, and if I dont have my car I wont be able to attend at all - so please dont book relying solely on me! :p I will confirm as soon as possible though :)

I'm afraid i'll be saving myself for Scarefest, so I wish those in attendance at Merlinpool a pleasant meet for one and all :)

I too won't be attending as I'm saving for Scarefest and the Birthday trip to Disney for Chris.