• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Merlinpool Meet: 22-23 September 2012

The Daily Star did have some 2 for 1 vouchers the other week, but you only say £5 (if you bought tickets online) anyway, as its £20 each, or £35 BOGOF.

I still have the offer of 2 (or maybe 3 if you're small) car spaces for a run to Travelodge Preston if you're thinking of going but needing cheaper accommodation.

PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the details :)

Deffo one day only for me.

Just been offered a ride in my mates classic coach to Whitby on the Sunday :) and I did the Merlin attractions in Feb of this year anyway.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Having been browsing the Tower Website, I have noticed that with it being Illuminations season, the last admissions to the Tower Eye & 4D is 9:30pm on both days.

So I was wondering, does anybody fancy a late night trip up the Tower to capture the night time view over the Illuminations?!! :D

Good idea. Also, would anyone be interested in getting a tram up to the northern end of the illuminations (Bispham) where all the large scenes are displayed?

This also sounds like a good plan! I don't mind walking the entire promenade, but having never been on a Blackpool Tram, I am very much up for that!!

It's a great idea; I'd love to see The Illuminations for once! But I don't recommend walking the entire promenade :p That's just knackering. A tram would be an interesting experience, apparently an all day ticket is £3.50.

Walking up the entire prom during the illuminations is chaos. If you don't mind a very slow walk to appreciate the illuminations then sure, take the walk. But if you're planning on going anywhere fast, take the tram.

From the South Shore Travelodge site:
Please be aware that Blackpool is a popular destination for groups of young adults for stag and hen parties. Although all reasonable measures are taken to control noise both internally and externally there may still be some noise above normal levels and we apologise for any inconvenience.

Does that mean we're allowed to be rowdy? :p

HA, I saw that the other week actually! Just hope the hotel is fully booked up with Stag and Hen parties... That way TST can show them how a room sosche is really done ;)

Magrathea said:
From the South Shore Travelodge site:
Please be aware that Blackpool is a popular destination for groups of young adults for stag and hen parties. Although all reasonable measures are taken to control noise both internally and externally there may still be some noise above normal levels and we apologise for any inconvenience.

Does that mean we're allowed to be rowdy? :p
This sounds amazing wish I could afford (small loan could be needed) have a good weekend :)

Or, more likely, they will be cracking down due to all the pissed up nutters, and will be making sure no more than three people enter a room.

If anyone is getting the train to Blackpool and hasn't yet booked train tickets, you might be interested to know that "plusbus" tickets are valid on the trams. It's cheaper than the tram day ticket if you're a railcard holder.

Not sure if that's actually any use to anyone but thought I'd mention it anyway...

Finally sorted out a hotel room - though most hotels are now charging in excess of £100 for the night...

Illuminations pub crawl anyone? :D

I'd also be up for going up to Bispham. There are some decent large illumination displays up there :)

Anyone for the penny arcade machines too? :p

I'm starting to wonder when we are going to fit in everything we keep coming up with... I mean, I don't think anybody has even mentioned the Piers yet!! <3