• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Scarefest Meet: 20-21 October 2012

Tuggerz said:
Just to let people know, rooms this weekend have been discounted to £99, I checked with reservations this evening.

I assume this is for either the Friday or Sunday nights? As it appears that the hotels are fully booked on Saturday, bar the Tatty Teddy themed room.

:)

So far, the weather is looking good for Saturday with nothing but a little cloud for most of the day.
Sunday is another story. :(

As Kelpie said, I think it's only Friday night that has been dropped in price, Saturday is booked out completely.

Train tickets booked, paid and collected.
Mazes booked and paid.
Hotel booked.
Petrol paid.
Outfit sorted.
Magic Pass to be collected tonight.

Scarefest, I'm ready for you!!

Just popped into school to remind them I still exist, now, off to Towers!

Illness or not, this weekend should be fabulous :D

Magrathea said:
Illness or not, this weekend should be fabulous :D

You'd better not make me ill Gilmore!! *gives evil glare! :p

I can't wait for tomorrow, really looking forward to dressing up, it's always one of the highlights of the year!

:)

I've got a cold too Rob, me and Gilmore will sit next to you allllll weekend jst so you get it! :p

It sounds like most people got something after last weekend! Somehow I've stayed uninfected so far, long may that last!! :p

50 people, from all over the country, coming together in one location, sometimes (in the mazes, say, and hotel rooms of course...) in very close proximity, and some already confirmed as infectious...

200px-Biohazard.svg.png

I'll be impressed if the majority come away from this fit and healthy. Have fun this weekend guys and gals! :D :D

:p

Seriously though, hope no one gets ill, and hope the weekend goes smoothly. First big meet I'll have missed in a while :(. Enjoy!

Judging by who's going, most freedom passes have been purchased by TST

Have fun everyone, sadly without an Annual Pass it will be to expensive for me this weekend, especially considering I have Two free tickets (Sun) for the 27th when me and Lisa are planning to visit.

Have fun everyone, and see you all soon :)

Ian

Folks, is it possible to get the Scarefest Maze Ticket email confirmation up on my phone when I get the ticket on park tomorrow? Or can I get away with printing on lined paper/just writing down the confirmation code?

Islander said:
I'll be impressed if the majority come away from this fit and healthy. Have fun this weekend guys and gals!

I've been infected with horrendous TS illnesses at both of the two most recent meets. I'm almost getting used to it now...

Rowe, you can show it on your phone. I'm sure they'll accept that - all they really need is the confirmation number. But lined paper won't make a difference of you want to be on the safe side and have a print out. :)

Anyway, looking forward to another weekend with you lot. Definitely looking forward to doing the mazes again an hopefully they will have improved from last weekend. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Such a lovely meet!

Highlights
Air séance
Extra intense run-through on The Sanctuary
Greatly improved Carnival
50 Shades of Grey
Kaycee's Fastrack on Spinball & Th13teen
A rare appearance for Blade on the ride count
Discovering a new favourite meal at Towers - ribs with Jack Daniels glaze (Woodcutters)
Chatting to Pete and him name-checking my article!
"Would you like some brie, Vik?"
An amazingly fun Sub-Terra takeover
Meeting the lovely new people
"Thankyou for riding Roland Mack's Runaway Mine Train!"
Wayne Walker Quality Meat Sales
Xander

Lowlights
Deeply unpleasant staff on Sub-Standard
Not getting a coffee refill thing
Not doing many rides
Hearing some bad news about Blackpool
Pathetic neurotic Skelvin EURGH
Not getting on Rita at all
Not really having any money to dress up

Thankyou to Dan for putting me up for the night, and thanks to Vik and Dave for lifts here and there!

Highlights

• Scarefest! Woo!
  • First ever scare mazes.
  • Gallopers in Al's amazing mask.
  • ToTT run through on Saturday
  • The Sanctuary run through
  • The majority of CoS run through
  • Losing my monorail-ginity
  • Visiting Splash for the first time
  • Josh having no clue of the pedo bears existence until he put the costume on.
  • Heavo Ho at night!
  • Rapids at night.
  • "How many people are in your group.....?" - various ride ops.
  • First ever Nemmy ride in the dark
  • Sub Terra group sizing
  • RMT in the dark
  • Pitch black woodland walk
  • Night @ The Vane
  • Weather being great for both days!
  • Air séance
  • Seeing people in amazing costumes

Lowlights

• Ticket faff
  • Claustrophobia kicking in during the voyage through the anus in CoS
  • The occasional chav kicking up trouble [Outside Spinball, Nemesis SRQ]
  • Utter fail with Vicky's maze tickets.
  • Mouldy Vane kettle....
  • Not being able to stay for the full night tonight.

With thanks to:

Ben- For being a fantastic room mate!
Dean - For the transport to and from Towers/Vane. Sorry for any of my Saturday nights facial excess that may have ended up left over in your car.
Vicky - For the make up & providing conversation on the boring Uttox box journey on Saturday.

And most importantly...

Everyone - For making this an amazing Scarefest!