• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

Can't stress enough how much I'm looking forward to this holiday

I have now booked my park ticket online for Holiday Park, it works out at about £20 online. You get an email with your ticket to print out. The weird thing is you don't select a date, and the ticket is valid until 2017!

djtruefitt said:
I have now booked my park ticket online for Holiday Park, it works out at about £20 online. You get an email with your ticket to print out. The weird thing is you don't select a date, and the ticket is valid until 2017!

I found this quite amusing, too!

:D

Hey Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has a spare space in their car to get from DLP to Asterix?

I can contribute to Fuel & Tolls if need be :)

Well you could have been in our car or the whole trip... ;)
Sadly the last seat in our car has already been promised to a certain housemate of yours for that leg of the trip.

F1 fans: now that I know it's not just me...
Chinese GP is 9AM (German time) on 20 April - where's the best place on resort to catch it? EP's quite big on motorsport if memory serves me :)

One of the bars? You will most likely still be there from the night before :)

Ian

WillG said:
F1 fans: now that I know it's not just me...
Chinese GP is 9AM (German time) on 20 April - where's the best place on resort to catch it? EP's quite big on motorsport if memory serves me :)
I'd so be up for this. Even if I can't understand a word the commentators are saying. :p

Hasn't EP got a sports bar on park I could be wrong but thought I saw something like a sports bar

Just a heads up for park tickets - all are purchasable from the parks websites, unless stated:

Phantasialand tickets are currently available online for €45 (£38). The gate price is the same.

Holiday Park tickets are currently available online for €24.50 (£21). This saves €4 (£3.30) on the gate price.

Europa-Park 3-day tickets are unavailable online, however hotel guests save on the standard gate prices so if you're in the resort, you should pay at reception when you check in. The hotel price for 3 days is around €105 (£86), while for non-hotel guests, the price rises to around €115 (£95).

Tripsdrill tickets are not available on the internet. They cost €27 (£23) on the gate.

Nigloland tickets are currently available online for €28 (£24). This is the same as the gate price, however they will send them by post free of charge to you! It's delightfully old fashioned to have tickets sent to your home address, so why not?

Parc Astérix tickets must be booked at least 7 days in advance to qualify for the reduced online price of €38 (£32).

Disneyland Paris 2-day hopper tickets are available online from Attractiontix for £101. The gate price is €139 (£116). Please note that the 'Fantasy' Annual Pass is available to buy from the resort gates and costs €159 (£134) per person - just in case you are thinking about returning to the resort within 12 months.

:)

josht said:
Hasn't EP got a sports bar on park I could be wrong but thought I saw something like a sports bar
It does - I watched Belgium 2010 in their sports bar, but 9AM might be a different story. Surely the hotel TVs have RTL if worst comes to worst- an early morning F1 room sosche could be arranged :)

WillG said:
josht said:
It does - I watched Belgium 2010 in their sports bar, but 9AM might be a different story. Surely the hotel TVs have RTL if worst comes to worst- an early morning F1 room sosche could be arranged :)
I think your forgetting your at one of the best theme parks, I will watch the highlights later on with a beer

Booked the flights from Manchester. Appears to be much cheaper, and more reasonable, to do it that way :/

We've already booked the shuttle now, although it's always possible we can stick around until then and perhaps amend the booking?

*sounds the Amy bell hoping she'll see this post*.

I didn't hear the Amy bell, but luckily I'd already spoken to Ashlee :)

I haven't confirmed our shuttle yet, because they wanted me to reply with both outbound and return flight numbers, and certain people haven't sent them to me yet :p

I think I can add Ashlee, but I need flight numbers and mobile numbers from people on our shutt.e Then I will reply to confirm the shuttle booking :D

Amy said:
I haven't confirmed our shuttle yet, because they wanted me to reply with both outbound and return flight numbers, and certain people haven't sent them to me yet :p

Sorted :)

I wasn't able to organise myself in time to go, but I'd recommend that anyone not familiar with Asterix grabs a few of the most popular comics or watches the (animated) films - otherwise they'll be missing some fun details at the park. It's my favourite park in the world for this reason :)

Edit: I would recommend The Twelve Tasks of Asterix and Asterix & Cleopatra for appreciating the OzIris/Egypt area

Re: NEXT MEET: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

The fact that this is now the next meet is very exciting! ;D

Re: NEXT MEET: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

Just a quick heads-up for those who are doing Walygator instead of Holiday Park. If you want to buy your ticket online and have it shipped to the UK, it'll cost an extra €14.90, which is frankly ridiculous, in my opinion.