• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Europe 2014

Might be able to do some of this. Then again, might not :p

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

I would be very interested in doing parts of this trip! I'll look more into logistics nearer the time! :)

Very interested in this even before it was official, I can't resist a bit of Disney and EP with some nice smaller parks slotted in, if this is half as much fun as Autobarnes then this should be a epic trip!

In terms of EP and Disney - when would people start to think about accommodation? I know EP hotels aren't available to look at yet, but I'm eager to at least consider who would be going in each room as would want to look at getting into a 6 person resort room for EP.

In terms of Disney, I've been researching and there is currently an offer for book 2 nights, get 2 nights free on the resort - which is great, but payment is required up front, which is not good!

Forgot to add, my intentions are to do the following;

Travel
Europa Park (for 4 days)
Travel
Park Asterix
Disneyland Paris (for 2 days)
Travel

I will not require a car or car space though and hope to meet you guys out there. Regardless of anything though, I will 100% be joining you all for Park Asterix and Disneyland Paris.

Sadly, we (Simon and I) are having to cancel the majority of plans for this as we decided it's too unaffordable when we have such huge expenses coming up! We'll still be there for Paris/Disney though, as I won't miss an opportunity for Disney!

The more time goes by, the more interested I become in this trip - may try to do half of it now (German parks + Nigoland) :)
Leaves me with transport confusion to sort, but I've got most of a year to work it out - nearer the time, if someone's got room/car space for someone only doing half the trip, I'll be able to fill it, if not, maybe it's time I braved driving on the continent - it's a work in progress, but these dates are very much in my diary, feel like I can't truly have experienced TST until I've done Europa with you :p

WillG said:
The more time goes by, the more interested I become in this trip - may try to do half of it now (German parks + Nigoland) :)
Leaves me with transport confusion to sort, but I've got most of a year to work it out - nearer the time, if someone's got room/car space for someone only doing half the trip, I'll be able to fill it, if not, maybe it's time I braved driving on the continent - it's a work in progress, but these dates are very much in my diary, feel like I can't truly have experienced TST until I've done Europa with you :p

I think that if you were able to drive, you'd guaranteed be able to fill a car!

:)

After reviewing finances I think I might be able to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's looking positive for Hils getting the time off work, so the only variable is me having the money, and if my new gig works out, that should not be a problem! :D

It's still not 100% yet, but if all works out, our car will be me, Kelpie (driver), DeRp and Mike. So sorry guys, all spaces filled already.

Apparently Nigloland's new Mack coaster is scheduled to open on 14 April, and we're going to be there on 23 April.

It's going to be tight, let's hope they crack on with it! :)

On review of current plans, we are considering joining at the EP leg of the trip and then travelling to Paris (arriving in Rust Good Friday) and leaving Easter Monday to Paris when everyone heads to Tripsdrill. I hear the 20th may involve some drinking...

Having spent this weekend on our first ever meet (loved it), and been told over and over again how amazing EP is, hubby and I have decided to do this trip. We'll have to save a fair bit but it'll be worth it!

I've spent a lot of today researching, and I'm just wondering what is the best/cheapest way of buying EP tickets?

We will have to join the group a day late due to a wedding, but that should be ok. I'm very excited as doing this trip will mean spending my 30th birthday (argh) at Disneyland Paris :D

Amy_D said:
Having spent this weekend on our first ever meet (loved it), and been told over and over again how amazing EP is, hubby and I have decided to do this trip. We'll have to save a fair bit but it'll be worth it!

I've spent a lot of today researching, and I'm just wondering what is the best/cheapest way of buying EP tickets?

We will have to join the group a day late due to a wedding, but that should be ok. I'm very excited as doing this trip will mean spending my 30th birthday (argh) at Disneyland Paris :D

How lovely, my 30th at EP - and your 30th at DLP! Awesome!

The best way to pay for EP tickets is simply to purchase them on arrival. If you stay at the hotels you will get the best value tickets.

AstroDan said:
Amy_D said:

How lovely, my 30th at EP - and your 30th at DLP! Awesome!

The best way to pay for EP tickets is simply to purchase them on arrival. If you stay at the hotels you will get the best value tickets.

Ah fantastic! :D That's perfect!

Since I posted this, I realised that my school holidays are different to Staffordshire's and we can't do the whole trip :( I was really gutted at first, but now I've looked into it, and I think we can still do EP and DLP which are the two parks I really want to do anyway. Rather than driving, we will fly out for the 2 separate weekends, and it works out really similar on price. Fingers crossed, we will do that! So now I'm all excited again! ;D

And that's great re the tickets. We shall do that then. Thank you! :)

I am currently in the process of finalising the details for this trip, which includes contacting Walygator to verify the start of the 2014 season.

I hope to have final hotel information and other such details in the next 2-3 weeks, so that people can start to book their rooms (note, most of the accommodation does not charge you on booking, Disney can wait).

Please book your Europa-Park accommodation

Booking has opened for 2014 reservations at Europa-Park and remember - NO money is payable on booking and it is FREE to cancel until 3 days before.

Ensure you are in a group of 4, 5 or 6 and make your reservation.

Hotels currently available are:
COLOSSEO
EL ANDALUZ
CASTILLO ALCAZAR
BELL ROCK

Hotel Santa Isabel is not recommended for larger groups as the bunk beds are smaller than the other hotels.

Hotels WILL sell out before the date so act now to have the hotel of your choice!

I will be staying with Sam G, Mattmash and DanB at Hotel Colosseo with a Piazza View room.

Brilliant! :)

Are there any other odd-numbered groups? :) Need a room space if anyone has one to fill.