• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

I really, really, really want to do this, but I can't confirm my availability until early-mid November at the earliest, which makes 'grouping up' difficult (even though I have a car!), which in turn makes organising accommodation and the like near-impossible :(

Islander said:
I really, really, really want to do this, but I can't confirm my availability until early-mid November at the earliest, which makes 'grouping up' difficult (even though I have a car!), which in turn makes organising accommodation and the like near-impossible :(

Early to mid November is still a fair way in advance of the trip. I wouldn't get overly worried, I know a lot of others cannot confirm just yet either.

:)

Mark, DeRp has dropped out of our group, so you could always tag along with us (rooming with Mike) if you like. Although, if you are willing, as a driver you may be of better use to the greater good if you took your car.

As far as EP hotels go, I've done Colosseo twice now (as well as Shittydorf). Not seen Bell Rock yet, but park of me is wondering what the others are like? I imagine there must be some cracking views from the upper floors of Alcazar. Has anyone stayed in the others?

I get the feeling most people will go for BR, though I can't help but think it's wrong not to stay in a European themed hotel when at Europa! :p

I've stayed in Bell Rock, Colosseo and Alcazar.

Views ftom upper floors - if you get one - of Alcazar are fantastic.

My favourite rooms remain Colosseo's followed by Bell Rock.

No idea about El Andaluz.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rough planning right now to just do the Disneyland Paris portion of the trip, probably flying out. Not yet looked into accommodation.

So everyone is aware, myself, DanB and (probably) Satch will be hosting an exclusive birthday evening to celebrate us all reaching the grand-old-age of 30, at Europa-Park on April 20th.

The details of this will be given to everyone in due course!

AstroDan said:
So everyone is aware, myself, DanB and (probably) Satch will be hosting an exclusive birthday evening to celebrate us all reaching the grand-old-age of 30, at Europa-Park on April 20th.

I will be with this. But just to let you know there shall be a quiz to ensure guests meet the correct level of exclusivity ;)

Right me and Sammy are still up for the whole of this meet, but unfortunately Chris and Nat have now dropped out of the meet (or most of it).

I would personally rather not drive for this (for a variety of reasons!) so if anyone has room in their car for 2 people and are interested in sharing rooms, etc. Then me and Sam might be up for it! If needs be I could always share some of the driving, but don't really fancy all of the driving.

If the worse comes to the worse I may have to drive my car, but that's a last resort option.

However I would rather sort this out sooner rather than later so we can get things booked before prices go up or places sell out!

EuroSatch said:
AstroDan said:

I will be with this. But just to let you know there shall be a quiz to ensure guests meet the correct level of exclusivity ;)
Would have liked to do Europa but if there's a quiz anybody fancy towers that day :)

Well Simon and I are booked into Colosseo "Economy" room for the 2 of us, and we're not sharing :p
Our plan is now to travel from UK on Good Friday, via Bitche, then travel from EP to Paris on Tuesday 22nd until the end of the Disney bit

EuroSatch said:
Well Simon and I are booked into Colosseo "Economy" room for the 2 of us, and we're not sharing :p
Our plan is now to travel from UK on Good Friday, via Bitche, then travel from EP to Paris on Tuesday 22nd until the end of the Disney bit

Please take photo's in Bitche.

I would love to see them.

:p

I have made slight adjustments to the plans for some of the accommodation, following a review.

The following changes have been made:

1. Accommodation on the 17th April, i.e. the first night, has changed to the Ibis Hotel in Laon. This means that the drive south from Calais is now shorter, so people do not end up arriving in the middle of the night. Myself, DanB, Sam and Mattmash used this hotel in April 2013 and it is fine, your standard Ibis. It's also easy to locate. The change of hotel does not alter the price of the trip in any way, as rooms still sleep 2 adults.

2. Accommodation on the 23rd April, i.e. the night after Nigloland, has changed to the Ibis Hotel in Melun. This means that the drive after Nigloland closes is reduced by 45 minutes, and avoids the need to negotiate the motorways around Paris during the rush hour. It does, however, mean the drive to Parc Astérix in the morning is slightly longer, although it will still be less than 1 hour. The change of hotel has reduced the overall price of the trip by £5 per person, rooms sleep 2 adults.

Right, some news regarding my situation: I am 3/4 of the way to having the money I need for the trip. (Currently £400 saved up). I don't intend to stay at a Europa Park hotel. I have WillG lined up as a potential driver, but he is not 100% positive he is coming yet. If I go with him, I may be missing the parks on the way to Europa. I will most likely take public transport home from Paris, as its quicker for me as I live close to St. Pancras Station. I am still debating whether I want to spend the third day at Europa, or if i would rather try out a certain Intamin coaster I've hard about. I would also love to try out an alpine coaster! If anyone else has a free space in their car thats 100% going let me know! I still have to alert my college about taking a few days off and I need to get my passport renewed as well. But otherwise all good!

Not sure if I can afford this now as hopefully a mortgage will happen next year and saving for a Floriday for the year after!

Does Summer not simply mean Summer season?

Kel- come for just EP?

Disney do do the 'winter' and 'summer' season, so I should imagine April is still on the cards as that's wheb their summer brochure kicks in

Just wondering if anybody has any car space ??

AstroDan said:
Kel- come for just EP?

Will see after the bank appointment but not promising anything!

So, Judy and I are thinking of spending a few days at Europa to coinside with this. >:D