• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Magic Kingdom: General Discussion

I presume you're a young lad with no kids??? Times that by 3/4 and you're looking at an extra 60 dollars per day for your average family. It adds up.
Yes, I appreciate that and admit I haven't given much thought to what it costs a family to visit. But then, as a family of 4, a trip to WDW is going to cost you somewhere in the region of £10k anyway, even before spending money, is it not?

Yes, I appreciate that and admit I haven't given much thought to what it costs a family to visit. But then, as a family of 4, a trip to WDW is going to cost you somewhere in the region of £10k anyway, even before spending money, is it not?

Yeah you're looking at £10k for 2 weeks for a family of 4 I would have thought. That's more than enough in my opinion. It's just pure and utter greed. Florida holidays from the UK are going to fall off in the next few years Id imagine with the rising costs of everything.

The lesson here folks is if you love going to Florida.....don't have kids unless you have an amazingly well paid job.

Hahahahaha

It's not designed to be an instant fast pass system. From how I see it, it runs similar to how RAP works at the UK parks but is usable by all guests.
It’s not like RAP. Both the Disney and the Merlin disability pass is similar, wait the time of the main/standby queue and come back, so if standby is 45 minutes you wait 45 minutes.
Genie+ is like old FastPass, it just distributes the next available return time. So the first batch of guests get 0900-1000, next batch gets 0905-1005 and so on. They do add in more return times batches throughout the day if capacity is better than expected. but guests have no choice in the return time and it’s not linked to the standby wait. You could get a return time of 2pm when reserving at 11am, even though standby wait is only an hour.

It’s not like RAP. Both the Disney and the Merlin disability pass is similar, wait the time of the main/standby queue and come back, so if standby is 45 minutes you wait 45 minutes.
Genie+ is like old FastPass, it just distributes the next available return time. So the first batch of guests get 0900-1000, next batch gets 0905-1005 and so on. They do add in more return times batches throughout the day if capacity is better than expected. but guests have no choice in the return time and it’s not linked to the standby wait. You could get a return time of 2pm when reserving at 11am, even though standby wait is only an hour.
Sorry, a bad analogy on my part perhaps. What I meant was that it's a case of having to reserve a time slot and rock up then but you're free to do whatever you like in the meantime.

I am in Florida now, and was at Magic Kingdom yesterday. It was a busier day than anticipated (quite a lot of rides not dropping below a 50/60 min wait all day) but then Mondays are traditionally less quiet due to it being the start date of many US holiday packages so a lot of people will go to MK as their first park of the trip.

Anyway, we had Genie+ and managed to use it 10 times throughout the day! If you put in a little research it's really easy to make the most of the system. For instance, stacking reservations where possible as well as using it to walk on to a ride immediately rather than having to virtually wait at all.

Full trip report incoming mid-October!

I been saving £30 a week since 2016 and had hoped to go next year for my 30th anniversary of my 1st visit there but cause the free dining plan hasn’t returned yet I only saved enough for the flights, hotel and Disney tickets so with my daughter tall enough to ride everything In Orlando and my son currently just under 1m we decided to wait to 2016 for our 10th wedding anniversary and visit Universal also.

Just looking through reviews of Disneyworld and see things are still pretty poor when it comes to guest experience? As a fan of Disney and their historic attention to detail when it comes to customer service etc this is really disappointing.

It seems maintenance/ride down time is still a big problem too.

One maintenance example being the state of the boats on It’s a Small World, things appear to have fallen quite far in terms of acceptable presentation standards. Photo from WDWNT.

4FCC79E9-2D60-41C4-9192-DB1B81337839.jpeg

Just looking through reviews of Disneyworld and see things are still pretty poor when it comes to guest experience? As a fan of Disney and their historic attention to detail when it comes to customer service etc this is really disappointing.
Spent two weeks in Orlando in December and although we had overall a great holiday, it doesn't half take a lot out of you with military style planning needed to make use of every waking minute. All Disney parks were busy, busy, busy and not wanting to fork out for Lightning Lane, we did tend to spend a lot of our time looking at the app trying to chase the smaller queues.

Last edited:
Spent two weeks in Orlando in December and although we had overall a great holiday, it doesn't half take a lot out of your with military style planning needed to make use of every waking minute. All Disney parks were busy, busy, busy and not wanting to fork out for Lightning Lane, we did tend to spend a lot of our time looking at the app trying to chase the smaller queues.

And herein lies the issue I suppose. Even with the big price increases, maintenance issues, reduced guest service, military style planning and extra charges for services that were previously included in the gate - the parks are still super busy.

I do wonder for how much longer though. The reviews don’t make for good reading, it can’t be a good long term strategy for the company.

Screenshot_2023-01-02-16-02-50-730_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
The Peoplemover's looking rather disgusting in this image. Not sure what's up with WDW's maintenance lately.

The People Mover had carriages taped off when we went on it. Still one of my my fav rides though. I think we went on it four times over our trip, including a lights journey through Space Mountain.