• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Magic Kingdom: General Discussion

Disney have just announced that Tianas Bayou Adventure will be opening at WDW this summer (Disneyland cal later in 2024). Originally slated for a late 2024 debut, this must be one of the first times Disney has been ahead of schedule and opened a ride earlier than original planned.

Pleased it should now be open when I go in August as splash mountain was always one of my fav attractions at Disney World. They also released a clip of one of the excellent new animatronics for the ride, much like the newer rides in Japan and Hong Kong they have gone back to animatronic faces rather than projected faces they where using a few years back.

Splash Mountain was my favourite ride at Disney World. On Theme Park Insider it says it'll have more than a dozen new animatronics. Splash Mountain had about that many just on the paddleboat in the final scene. It says 'new' figures, so I wonder whether that means they're re-using some of the old ones, or whether it'll be a lot lighter on animatronics.

Yes I read they are reusing some of the old ones and I believe the 12 or so new ones are the new technically advanced animatronics for the main characters in the ride. The final part in area before final lift and the lift is meant to be good from what heard and will use a lot of different colour/size/style bottles handing from the ceiling that all light up. On a recent tour for journalists they wouldn’t take them through this part as wanted to keep it a surprise.