• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

WDW Magic Kingdom: General Discussion

I might not have been on the ride but my views are shared by people who have.

Although you can never truly judge something until you've been on it, I think it also has to be acknowledged that rides aren't like films, in which everyone has the chance to go and see them on opening day. If someone has to ride an attraction before they can join the discussion this would be a very boring forum to be on. A trip to somewhere like WDW is not as easy for most as taking a day off to go to Alton Towers.

I do think it looks great but haven't visited WDW because poor, but comparing POVs I can understand why those who have been on it might feel a bit disappointed or underwhelmed. I like the indoor sections and use of screens, and the animatronics look awesome, even if they all do that 'im conducting an imaginary orchestra!' sort of movement haha. It was such an iconic ride that I can totally understand how jarring it might be to big fans of the previous incarnation.

Any guesstimates as to when Tron and Guardians will go to Standby Lanes?

I’m going in October and hoping they’ll have gone that way by then, otherwise it’s a case of potentially having to pay for lightening lanes if all the virtual queues sell out before I can get one.

There are currently no rumours of it happening currently. They did do a survey about Trons earlier this year and did ask people thoughts on it vs standby etc. Guardians has had it now for two years and expected it to have moved to standby by now. It did work well when I went in 2022 and managed to get a slot 3 times over 3 visits to the park. Also if you don’t manage to get one in the 7am queue. Both rides now aoutside real peak days are easy to get at the 1pm VQ and are often available for hrs after 1pm. You do have to be in the park at 1pm though and it’s also likely to be later that evening when you will get to ride it.

There are currently no rumours of it happening currently. They did do a survey about Trons earlier this year and did ask people thoughts on it vs standby etc. Guardians has had it now for two years and expected it to have moved to standby by now. It did work well when I went in 2022 and managed to get a slot 3 times over 3 visits to the park. Also if you don’t manage to get one in the 7am queue. Both rides now aoutside real peak days are easy to get at the 1pm VQ and are often available for hrs after 1pm. You do have to be in the park at 1pm though and it’s also likely to be later that evening when you will get to ride it.

Thanks.

Presumably this is another way to lure people into paying for lightening lane tickets then hence why they’ve been on VQ for so long?

They're soooo close to just going full circle back to the name Fastpass
I really think they should have just started by stating "we are now charging for Fastpass+" rather than than attempting to rename to start with. No changes to the system, name or anything, just introduced charges.