• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Welcome - New members introduce yourself here!

Welcome to TowersStreet @Llama! I'm sure you've gathered that many of us here are lovers of Europa-Park. Must have been pretty awesome having Disneyland as your local park growing up!

The EP discussion here is wonderful, I was searching the web to see if Eatrenalin would be open by my trip later this year and the most up-to-date info (in English anyway) was here. I've been reading through the rest of the EP forum here slowly as well :)

Being near Disneyland (and several other world class parks, including Universal Studios Hollywood, I forgot that one) was indeed great, I had an annual pass for Disneyland and Magic Mountain for several years. I missed Disneyland quite a bit upon moving to Europe but was thrilled to find Europa Park here, that EP was "heavily inspired by" Disney parks helps a lot in scratching the same itch. It is very funny to see things at EP that were taken one-to-one from Disney though, like the singing gravestone effect in the ghost house

Hello, I found this place looking for discussion of Europa Park in english, happy to find quite a bit of it here :) I was raised near the original Disneyland (and Magic Mountain/Knotts) and now live in Europe, so Europa Park fills the Disneyland gap for me. My next trip is to EP, which I've been to, and then I have plans to visit Efteling and Phantasialand next.
Welcome @Llama!

If you’re missing living near Disneyland, have you tried Disneyland Paris?

Welcome @Llama to TS theres lots of Europa discussiom here as well as other European theme parks, as you've probably gathered most of us are from the UK and so only really have one excellent park in Alton Towers (definitely worth a visit now you are living in Europe) so many of us travel to the continent to get some more world class parks.

Welcome @Llama!

If you’re missing living near Disneyland, have you tried Disneyland Paris?

I have been a few times, and generally I enjoy it, but it is weird since it feels so much like Disneyland but different. It's also missing my favorite rides from Disneyland (Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Alice in Wonderland) and I prefer the "small" nature of Disneyland to the bigger Magic Kingdom sorts of parks. I like it overall but would rather go to the one I'm more familiar with when I can. The Studios park next door, though, is possibly the most disappointing major theme park I've ever been to.

I think for Disney purposes I will visit Disneyland once in a while, and for my general theme park fix I'll go to EP :)

Hi everyone, I’m Adam, nice to meet you.

After a decade or more of letting my passion for theme parks dwindle, the YouTube algorithm surfaced rollercoaster related videos to me earlier this year and before I knew it I’d arranged a trip to Towers and I was back to browsing Forums like it was 2005. My relapse could also be related to the fact I’ve had a child and the need for escapism, as well as a whole day out of the house, has increased ten-fold! 😉 Oh and I'm scoping out where to take him first when he is big enough of course....

I was a member of Towers Almanac back in the day as well as the Thorpe Park/Chessington equivalent, which I think was just called South Parks? My username was the same on those forums, I thought it was only right to use it again. I wasn’t an avid poster but I have fond memories of learning proper internet etiquette there as an over-eager teen! I’ve recognised the usernames of several former members of Almanac on this forum, a weird hit of deja-vu and nostalgia.

I’m lucky to have visited several enthusiast hotspots in my teens and early twenties during the height of my passion – Cedar Point, SFMM, SFGAdv, Europa, Phantasialand and more. After visiting those parks, in my mind, I had ‘completed’ rollercoasters but coming back into the interest after a long time has shown me how wrong I was! I had to spend a good few hours researching RMC’s, their coasters were completely unknown to me and I picked up quickly that the community is quite fond of them.

Thought I should finally create an account and introduce myself as I’ve been stalking for a while, it’s a nice distraction from work. Having visited Towers regularly as a child and then intensely as an enthusiast, I have equal amounts of nostalgia and passion for the place. I’ll post some thoughts about the park from my trip earlier this week, the first for 5 or 6 years, soon.

I’m off to Energylandia next month and have a Europa trip pencilled for next year. I think I’m well and truly hooked again.

Hi everyone, I’m Adam, nice to meet you.

After a decade or more of letting my passion for theme parks dwindle, the YouTube algorithm surfaced rollercoaster related videos to me earlier this year and before I knew it I’d arranged a trip to Towers and I was back to browsing Forums like it was 2005. My relapse could also be related to the fact I’ve had a child and the need for escapism, as well as a whole day out of the house, has increased ten-fold! 😉 Oh and I'm scoping out where to take him first when he is big enough of course....

I was a member of Towers Almanac back in the day as well as the Thorpe Park/Chessington equivalent, which I think was just called South Parks? My username was the same on those forums, I thought it was only right to use it again. I wasn’t an avid poster but I have fond memories of learning proper internet etiquette there as an over-eager teen! I’ve recognised the usernames of several former members of Almanac on this forum, a weird hit of deja-vu and nostalgia.

I’m lucky to have visited several enthusiast hotspots in my teens and early twenties during the height of my passion – Cedar Point, SFMM, SFGAdv, Europa, Phantasialand and more. After visiting those parks, in my mind, I had ‘completed’ rollercoasters but coming back into the interest after a long time has shown me how wrong I was! I had to spend a good few hours researching RMC’s, their coasters were completely unknown to me and I picked up quickly that the community is quite fond of them.

Thought I should finally create an account and introduce myself as I’ve been stalking for a while, it’s a nice distraction from work. Having visited Towers regularly as a child and then intensely as an enthusiast, I have equal amounts of nostalgia and passion for the place. I’ll post some thoughts about the park from my trip earlier this week, the first for 5 or 6 years, soon.

I’m off to Energylandia next month and have a Europa trip pencilled for next year. I think I’m well and truly hooked again.
Welcome to TS, it's great to hear your story. from being a big coaster fan in the early 2000's and now you've gained it back. It's very interesting as a fairly young member to hear of the adventures you had long ago. I hope you can get back into the swing of things here on TS.

Hey I'm from Australia and have never come to Europe but I do wanna come some time in the future. I'm more used to my local parks such as movie world and dreamworld and have been to LA and have gone to USH and Disneyland in early 2020 (missed the pandemic by a month lol)

Hey I'm from Australia and have never come to Europe but I do wanna come some time in the future. I'm more used to my local parks such as movie world and dreamworld and have been to LA and have gone to USH and Disneyland in early 2020 (missed the pandemic by a month lol)

Welcome. I've done Movie Park, close enough? :p

Welcome to TS, it'll be great to have an Aussie to tell us about your parks, especially as so few of us have ever got the chance to go over there.