• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which ride will be removed next? (Poll reset 20.06.2017)

Which ride at Alton will be removed next? (Poll reset 20.06.2017)

• Spinball

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Rita

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Hex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twirling Toadstool

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Congo River Rapids

• Galactica

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Nemesis

• Duel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • The Blade

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Enterprise

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Runaway Mine Train

• Oblivion

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thirteen

• Other (please state)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
The ip is due to run out the end of this season
I don't see ccl lasting very long. I think it will be used for future development and I think that CBeebies land will expand into where sonic is now taking care of the children's market

I don't see ccl lasting very long. I think it will be used for future development and I think that CBeebies land will expand into where sonic is now taking care of the children's market
i hope so. The area is a decent size and has good potential for various rides

I really do think Sonic in its current form is set to go very soon, most likely the end of this season. Maybe another phase of CBeebies will lead to a retheme, relocation or possibly even removal. Although its not exactly loved by fans, I think the ride is still very popular with the general public so I'm not sure it will leave the park as such - but yeah, I do see things changing with it soon.

I really do think Sonic in its current form is set to go very soon, most likely the end of this season. Maybe another phase of CBeebies will lead to a retheme, relocation or possibly even removal. Although its not exactly loved by fans, I think the ride is still very popular with the general public so I'm not sure it will leave the park as such - but yeah, I do see things changing with it soon.
I agree and I think a CBeebies expansion would be great for the park but I feel sonic spinball will go because I can't see anywhere it would fit in in both size and theme. And after that horrific crash:p

If Charlie is next year's project and there is something quite considerable in 2017, I wonder if Spinball might live to bump another day, perhaps as late as 2018.

I'm a bit surprised that Spinball is considered likely to go relatively soon. I think it's a good ride - in places it feels pretty intense for a rollercoaster that isn't one of the big ones. What are the reasons why it might be changed/removed? It's not particularly old compared to some.

No chance.

Well, if they got rid of blade or ripsaw, it would physically fit, but they would NEVER get planing permission unless they built it into a pit deeper than nemesis'. I can't think of any possible way they could retheme it to fit in with the alien apocalypse theme.

The rides seasons are numbered. It creates more noise than any other ride on park, it's an eyesore at the end of towers street, it has constant breakdowns and an appealing throughput. Whilst I like the ride itself, it won't be moved. Maybe to another park.

You do have to wonder how much longer Spinball can stick around for. I was at Toverland a week or two ago and spent about half an hour repeat riding their Mack spinning coaster, Dwervelwind. It's a superb family coaster, and I think the ride system would be an excellent fit for Towers if Spinball were to go. It's similar of course to the Maurer Sohne ride system in that the cars rotate freely and it's more forceful than you might expect without going too far, but it runs trains of four cars and the potential throughput, comfort and general build quality are much better. I'm assuming Dwervelwind is an off the shelf layout, as it was a clone of Le Twist at Le Pal, but that layout would be fine for Towers if the budget wouldn't stretch to something custom.

Ripsaw is still making the whining noise even after the mid-season maintenance so if i had to place a bet on any ride going, I'd still go for that. In addition, obviously The Blade would either go or would be moved to a different area to create a wider space for a future attraction.

With Spinball, whilst I can't see it moving, it does prove to be popular (whether this is down to its awful throughput is a different question) but I've always seen it as a good transition ride from children's rides to full thrill rides. So unless Towers line something of a similar caliber to replace it (As mentioned above) I can't see it going any time soon.

Everyone says spinbals queues are down to its throughput, but if people weren't willing to queue for that long then they wouldn't, it is popular... Maybe extend the height of the Charlie building (not sure how, quite hard to do) or put it in a building in ccl, would bring a new lease of life to it, and improve it a lot, maybe have the overbank outside.

Not just it's throughput that gives it big queues (although that is one of the main reasons). It is one of 3 family roller coasters (13 (which because of their great marketing, May be too scary for some) RMT (which may be too tame for some) and sonic), it is the first ride you see, and it looks fairly intense to the GP, meaning some people will go to it first believing it's a major thrill ride.

I think the flume will be removed next with the expectation of a water coaster being added (if possible) followed by Rita and maybe thirteen to be replaced with a larger coaster covering both current coasters area and with the addition of a couple of flat rides to reduce q times

Personally, I don't think we will see any secret weapons leave the park go at least 15 years (unless they have a fatal error)

I think it all depends on when Rita has run its life if it has passed it in 15 years time I wouldn't be surprised to see Thirteen go at the same (as its a one hit wonder) but who knows Thirteen might pack in before Rita it is a complex ride with the drop but that would mean the whole dark forest area would be closed for a season or part of a season which could lead to a full area re-theme to incorporate a new coaster and a couple of flats with the rides tailored to that theme not designed to fit it.

I think it all depends on when Rita has run its life if it has passed it in 15 years time I wouldn't be surprised to see Thirteen go at the same (as its a one hit wonder) but who knows Thirteen might pack in before Rita it is a complex ride with the drop but that would mean the whole dark forest area would be closed for a season or part of a season which could lead to a full area re-theme to incorporate a new coaster and a couple of flats with the rides tailored to that theme not designed to fit it.
I don't think either is going anywhere soon. They always have the longest queues (and I know the throuput isn't great) and are generally quite popular with the GP. I think that the flume, blade and ripsaw will be next to go.

I thought Blade is a defiant at the end of this season. Ripsaw would leave Air and Nemmy in FV which would leave extensive waiting times (unless a new flat is installed) and the flume will be away in a few years but hopefully Alton see sense and replace it with a water ride of some sort probably a water coaster. With regards to Rita a serious or terminal problem could occur at any time (same with any ride on the park) and would force a closure.

Rita and Thirteen are still practically brand new and are IMO a staple part of Alton Towers now. I can't imagine the pro without them.