• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Which ride will be removed next? (Poll reset 20.06.2017)

Which ride at Alton will be removed next? (Poll reset 20.06.2017)

• Spinball

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Rita

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Hex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twirling Toadstool

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Congo River Rapids

• Galactica

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Nemesis

• Duel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • The Blade

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Enterprise

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Runaway Mine Train

• Oblivion

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Thirteen

• Other (please state)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Near can I at this present but in the future Rita will be getting on a bit and Thirteen would have lost its surprise nature but the outside section is good for some air time.

Near can I at this present but in the future Rita will be getting on a bit and Thirteen would have lost its surprise nature but the outside section is good for some air time.
Nemesis is still going strong after more than 21 years. (Without any surprise faults) I think the coasters will be removed in this order:
  1. Sonic
  2. RMT
  3. Rita
  4. Octanauts
  5. The smiler
  6. 13
  7. Nemesis
  8. Oblivion
  9. Air
Just how I think they will go

Th13teen and Rita will be going no where for a very long time...

Lots of rides have a 'surprise' factor and still remain popular. As much of an eyesore Rita is, it's very popular with the general public and that won't be ignored.

Nemesis is still going strong after more than 21 years. (Without any surprise faults) I think the coasters will be removed in this order:
  1. Sonic
  2. RMT
  3. Rita
  4. Octanauts
  5. The smiler
  6. 13
  7. Nemesis
  8. Oblivion
  9. Air
Just how I think they will go
Oblivion will go after air and Octanauts 4th?

I don't think Alton Towers will be Alton Towers without Nemesis and Oblivion. If they remove them they would have to replace them!

Any guesses to how long Nemmy has left. I would say 5-10 years, 15 max.

Any guesses to how long Nemmy has left. I would say 5-10 years, 15 max.
15 absolute minimum. 30 maybe. It will only go once it is no longer popular, just a few years ago it was voted the best ride on park (before the smiler)

It may have different trains, track, or even a small retheme (unlikely, but in 20 years it might have one) but nemesis isn't going anywhere

15 absolute minimum. 30 maybe. It will only go once it is no longer popular, just a few years ago it was voted the best ride on park (before the smiler)

It may have different trains, track, or even a small retheme (unlikely, but in 20 years it might have one) but nemesis isn't going anywhere
Nemesis is better than the Smiler

All rides will stay until they are very expensive to maintain, impossible to maintain, or if a rides popularity dwindles into nothing.

There's no point in estimating 5/10/20 years left of Nemesis. It could stay far beyond that, who knows how the ride will fair out, it may be there for another 30+ years for all we know.

I kinda of hope though if Nemesis gets to the point where it has to go they'll just remove the track and replace it with a clone in the pit. It would be a shame to see the pit have something else dumped in it, or the pit filled and covered. But hey we're no where near this point in time.

All rides will stay until they are very expensive to maintain, impossible to maintain, or if a rides popularity dwindles into nothing.

There's no point in estimating 5/10/20 years left of Nemesis. It could stay far beyond that, who knows how the ride will fair out, it may be there for another 30+ years for all we know.

I kinda of hope though if Nemesis gets to the point where it has to go they'll just remove the track and replace it with a clone in the pit. It would be a shame to see the pit have something else dumped in it, or the pit filled and covered. But hey we're no where near this point in time.
So we should be talking about the flume, blade and Rita then

Blade almost never made it back for this season at all, so that will be gone soon. Other than that I would regard Flume, Ripsaw, Sonic and Charlie as 'at risk' of the chopping board in the foreseeable future. Why would Rita be going anywhere?

If they were to find another coaster that would fit the footprint that is a higher throughput, then it could be replaced