• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Their attitude on social media stinks too. Absolutely appalling.
51a7bbfd1ec8f4ab39925bf9ec963bb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That sums up much that is wrong with the park at the moment, poor customer service.
The attitude is we’ve got your money and you ain’t getting it back.

Last edited:
Holy crap this "social media allows you to be blunt and tell it how it is" is a myth people buy into before they get arrested for inciting hatred or making racist comments, it's not a philosophy a big company like Merlin should be employing, imagine what the Mail will do with that reply if they ever see it....

The saying, "the customer is always right" was not dreamed up overnight.

Makes me glad I sold my (Internet based) business before "social media" became a thing, it was so much easier to deal with angry customers when it was just you, the customer and the email server involved in the conversation.

I know the person is being sarcastic, but even I could pen a less offensive non commital reply than that, and that's saying something.

Tweeting them when are the rides opening when there's snow around is pretty stupid though isn't it? It's blatantly obvious why they aren't open.

Their responses aren't professional at all but the people who ask the same thing over and over despite seeing others have already asked it wind me up. They really are morons.

Towers make their money by getting people on their rides. So why wouldn't they want them open? They dont control the weather and unfortunately for them the end of March/ start of April hasnt been too kind to them weather wise.

Tweeting them when are the rides opening when there's snow around is pretty stupid though isn't it? It's blatantly obvious why they aren't open.

Their responses aren't professional at all but the people who ask the same thing over and over despite seeing others have already asked it wind me up. They really are morons.

Towers make their money by getting people on their rides. So why wouldn't they want them open? They dont control the weather and unfortunately for them the end of March/ start of April hasnt been too kind to them weather wise.
They've said it's the temperature, not the snow. They've also previously stated that the rides cannot operate under 2° yet its not been that low all day. I'd maybe have sympathy if they were straight with guests, but they aren't.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In fairness, the people running the AT Twitter account can only go off what they're told.

If they've been told it's because of the temperature, that's all they can say.

I actually admire the fact they're posting interesting responses for once, instead of the cut and paste ones we're used to.

The park is clearly in shambles this season so far, and the fact that wicker man is so good only seems to highlight how bad the rest of the park is at the minute. Operations were very good on Saturday but that seems to be the exception recently from what I’ve seen. In the three times I’ve been on site this season so far, only one of those visits has been truly good which is a damn shame given how much time and effort has gone into making specific areas of the park look great such as wicker man and nemesis. I really hope they re-evaluate how they run this place soon for their benefit or else the rest of this season is only going to get worse as the crowds increase.

As I've said a couple of times before, it's the staff in guest services I really feel sorry for.

We used to always collect our car park token from there just to hear some of the petty things people would moan about.

5-6 years on, and with things as bad as they currently are, I really dread to think what it must be like these days.

I was quite surprised by that response to be honest. It doesn't come across as professional or caring at all. I'm surprised whoever is manning the feed hadn't told someone to f off yet.

Unfortunately to the outside world these sorts of responses will only put people off from visiting, they do need to be careful.

Granted they can't control the weather but at the same time there aren't many other filler rides to do should the big ones be unavailable. They offer a rainy day guarantee, maybe they should offer a snow/icy day one as well!