• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

That’s what I thought, but I heard an announcement yesterday morning (can’t remember the exact wording) that said the weather will no longer impact on operations.

On a random note, TPW's latest Towers vlog triggered a thought in my mind. Could the reason why the fire is being so temperamental be because of the fire causing problems with the coaster structure and/or the theming structure as opposed to because of cutbacks? This would seem to make much more sense, as Merlin would not cut an effect that is so pivotal to the marketing and theming aspect of Wicker Man?

In the same video, Shawn also said that they are having a sad, but kind of funny problem with the pre-show, where
the curtain doesn't lift up, and the wicker man face projects on to the curtain.

I hope Towers gets these technical glitches fixed soon so that WM's effects are all working.

On a side note, is the coaster itself still unreliable, or have the technical glitches been ironed out?
P.S. Sorry to ask so many questions.

On a random note, TPW's latest Towers vlog triggered a thought in my mind. Could the reason why the fire is being so temperamental be because of the fire causing problems with the coaster structure and/or the theming structure as opposed to because of cutbacks? This would seem to make much more sense, as Merlin would not cut an effect that is so pivotal to the marketing and theming aspect of Wicker Man?

In the same video, Shawn also said that they are having a sad, but kind of funny problem with the pre-show, where
the curtain doesn't lift up, and the wicker man face projects on to the curtain.

I hope Towers gets these technical glitches fixed soon so that WM's effects are all working.

On a side note, is the coaster itself still unreliable, or have the technical glitches been ironed out?
P.S. Sorry to ask so many questions.
They still have restraint issues but they seem to be reducing in number

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I had forgotten about the fire until I saw a picture of it working a couple days ago. Never noticed it wasn't working. I guess it still looks great without it. Also my eyesight is bad enough that I can't tell that the fire inside the Wicker Man is fake

With regards to the curtain not moving to side, this is the opposite problem to last week, whereby the curtain wouldn’t move back across so the first part of the video was on the face statue too!

With regards to the curtain not moving to side, this is the opposite problem to last week, whereby the curtain wouldn’t move back across so the first part of the video was on the face statue too!
Oh dear! I'm sure Alton will sort out the technical glitches soon!

That is not the reason for the lack of fire for much of the season. There have been two major problems that have been out of Towers hands, hopefully now these have been sorted we will not see any more issues before the end of the season.

:)

I think there may be an issue with the heat damaging the wickerman structure, that would explain turning down the flames more
Hmm I guess. If seen the state of the fire lamps at the ride entrance.
Completely black with all the paint burnt off :D
But
What did they think was going to happen. !
o_O
Oooo fire ....

Ahhh it’ll be rate.

No worries.

That is not the reason for the lack of fire for much of the season. There have been two major problems that have been out of Towers hands, hopefully now these have been sorted we will not see any more issues before the end of the season.

:)
Ah right. Thanks @Rob!

So, very pleased to see improvements of late with Wicker Man.

• Lap Bar re-check issue seems to be largely resolved
  • Dispatch times drastically better, although throughput still under 900/hour
  • Flames working although not yet back to full height
  • Haze effect working in the station
I believe new smoke machines for the ride tunnels are coming soon, too - which will massively boost the effect!

Does anyone think they will put the flames back on fully though? If they were actually doing damage to the Wicker Man structure, I'd be pretty doubtful... unless they really want to make a proper effort to sort the issue, but then again, not exactly like Merlin to go above and beyond is it..

Good to hear that everything else seems to finally be working as it should though. Hopefully they'll now work on increasing the speed of dispatches! :)