• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

The train waiting to enter the station is now released before the train ahead as fully left the station.

Trains are now dispatched sooner.

Lap bar issues seem resolved.

WM can achieve the theoretical of 960pph, possibly slightly over.

Great news.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They could increase this further as when the train is released its only a 3rd up the hill lift by the time the track train hits the break run, I think they could get upto 1400pph if they really wanted to

Having rode Icon n Wickerman now numerous times each I must say that I'm more eager for re-rides on WM. I simply love what they've done with the attraction as a whole where as with Icon I love the actual coaster part but feel they could have done much better with the overall experience of the ride.

I can't wait for my first night ride on both though but moreso on WM for obvious reasons.

They could increase this further as when the train is released its only a 3rd up the hill lift by the time the track train hits the break run, I think they could get upto 1400pph if they really wanted to
It will never reach anywhere near that. 1000 would be a good achievement and more than adequate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's not just a matter of reaching the brakes, the entire train has to be beyond the minimum stopping point before the next one can clear the lift, once you allow for the varying speed of the ride depending on conditions you probably couldn't send it much earlier without having the train stop at the top of the lift some of the time, which they'll probably want to avoid.

Great ride first and foremost. We loved the queue line and being able to watch the ride. We ended up on the back row, in the middle row not as exciting. Loved the roar of the ride as it goes round the bends. Got it sorted again after some downtime. Running through most of the day.

Do you have to be able to walk to ride WM?
This is the guidelines for Wicker Man according to the Resort Access Guide:
  • Height restricted
  • Wheelchair users must be able to transfer unaided
  • Not suitable for guests with more than one missing limb
  • Can ride with prosthetic limbs provided they are attached securely and you can brace
  • Leg amputations or missing limbs must not be above the knee
Not sure if I'm missing something but no mention of walking, though clearly you do have to walk according to that newspaper article

It's similar to the Smiler, need two arms and ability to walk (both of which fall under 'transfer unaided'), which defeats the object of requiring disabled guests to ride with an able bodied adult who, in the event of a breakdown, is required to manage the evac of the disabled guest themselves, including lifting because staff are not allowed to lift guests.

It's similar to the Smiler, need two arms and ability to walk (both of which fall under 'transfer unaided'), which defeats the object of requiring disabled guests to ride with an able bodied adult who, in the event of a breakdown, is required to manage the evac of the disabled guest themselves, including lifting because staff are not allowed to lift guests.
That's fair enough though I wonder why they can't have a few trained staff onsite in case of an evacuation, who are able to assist people with disabilities?

This is the guidelines for Wicker Man according to the Resort Access Guide:
  • Height restricted
  • Wheelchair users must be able to transfer unaided
  • Not suitable for guests with more than one missing limb
  • Can ride with prosthetic limbs provided they are attached securely and you can brace
  • Leg amputations or missing limbs must not be above the knee
Not sure if I'm missing something but no mention of walking, though clearly you do have to walk according to that newspaper article
"Wheelchair users must be able to transfer unaided" I would read as must be able to walk from your chair to the train

"Wheelchair users must be able to transfer unaided" I would read as must be able to walk from your chair to the train
It's so vague! I always imagined the wheelchair being parked up beside the train and then the user pulls themselves out and into the roller coaster seat.

I don't think I've ever seen a wheelchair user ride a roller coaster so I don't know.

It's as clear as mud. Last time we were at Thorpe there was a wheelchair user on The Swarm, she wheeled herself up to her seat, then her "able bodied adult" lifted her out the chair and into her seat, he then jumped in threat next to her and they rode, when we got back to the station, he lifted her out and popped her back into her chair like I'm sure he would have done bad we been evac'd on the brake run.

As I said, inconsistent and clear as mud, Merlin's new motto, but yeah you'd think transfer unaided would mean lift yourself from your chain to the seat, although it is quiet a drop from platform to seat on Wickerman so maybe that was the issue, but still doesn't make sense when they make you ride with an able bodied adult whose sole job is to get you in and out of your seat.

Wickerman can't have the wheelchair actually get to the train (because airgates), which is a weird design option (see also Smiler)...