• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Winter Wonderland 2016

Screamscape are now reporting that it isn't coming to Winter Wonderland:
Screamscape said:
Bad news for the UK... according to Screamscape sources the previously mentioned plan to bring Olympia Looping to the UK over the winter looks to have been scraped for unknown reasons. Any mention of it coming from removed from the coaster's website sometime last Friday.

A shame if true, I was hoping to get down and see what the fuss was all about!

:)

Id be shocked if it was confirmed on OL's website and then cancelled.

Sounds about right though that id pay £45 to get there and the main attraction not turn up :(

Yeah I've been looking at going but getting a train from the southwest is looking very expensive to the point that flying maybe cheaper.

Id be shocked if it was confirmed on OL's website and then cancelled.

Sounds about right though that id pay £45 to get there and the main attraction not turn up :(

Yeah I've been looking at going but getting a train from the southwest is looking very expensive to the point that flying maybe cheaper.
plus don't forget that on top of the travel fare you've got to add both the entrance fee and various ride/attraction fees.

There's no entrance fee at WW. :)

I'm going to depart from my usual pessimism and plant myself in the "Winter Wonderland want to keep it a secret" camp for now.

Last edited:
There's this marketing method these days where "leaks" are made delibrately to build up hype of something until it's officially confirmed, with those "leaks" being removed soon afterwards.

I'm really still not convinced. Despite what people say, there's been no official confirmation from WW and it sounds like people are putting way too much faith in rumours.

There's putting faith in rumours, then there's the fact olympia looping themself confirmed it. I was sceptical until that, but the fact olympia's website said it was coming makes it obvious they were at least planning on having it, and the idea that olympia leaked the information or need to wait for the winter wonderland announcement makes much more sense than them cancelling.

Can't make it myself thanks to buggering up the dates (I'll get there one day damn it!), but Charity Preview Night tickets are now on sale. They're expensive at £61 including booking fee, but gives unlimited rides between 5pm and 9pm on Thursday 17th November so opportunity for ride whoreage!

How long before it opens do the rides start to appear? I only ask because if Olympia Looping is there, it takes a week to build up so might not be ready for the charity night/opening day.

Setup officially kicks off on the 31st October I believe, so plenty of time. There's no way they'd open without all attractions being in place, so if Olympia is there, it will be open on the preview night. I believe they also use that night as a press night, so everything needs to be in place really!