• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Winter Wonderland 2016

Some suspiciously coloured coaster has appeared in Hyde Park today...

14657517_10157632666440403_8268302714543377144_n.jpg

Official confirmation :D

Fans of Winter Wonderland, the wait is finally over.

After many months of speculation & then weeks of 'is it or isn't it', I can now finally officially & exclusively reveal this year's brand new huge ride coming all the way from the famous Oktoberfest in Germany......I give you:

***NEW FOR 2016***

Barth's Munich Looping Roller Coaster.

"PWR Events and The Royal Parks are thrilled to announce that the Munich Looping, the world’s largest transportable roller coaster, is confirmed for this year’s event. This famous ride, which features annually at the popular Oktoberfest in Munich, will make its UK debut to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Hyde Park Winter Wonderland.

First appearing in 1989, this spectacular coaster has gone on to become one of the most legendary travelling rides worldwide. Unique in terms of pure size and scale, it boasts five loops for the ultimate thrill"

This is history in the making, in its 27 year history this is the first time it has been off the mainland continent and the largest ride of its kind to set foot in the United Kingdom.
50+ lorries have transported it here ready to open for your delight and to thrill from the 18th of November till the 2nd of January (excluding Christmas Day).

Created by legendary coaster designers Anton Schwarzkopf and Werner Stengel it is the largest transportable roller coaster in the world.
It boasts 5 vertical loops which can pull up to 5.2g's. It's dimensions are 85m long by 36m wide by 34m high and with a top speed of 52mph/84kph it is as smooth as silk even after all these years.

Check back later this evening for a Munich Looping Photo Special and I hope you can all share in my excitement at this incredible & extremely lucky opportunity to have this machine at London's Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 10th anniversary spectacular.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

source

Apparently it's to do with the Olympic rings, name, and other associated trademarks and copyrights. So, no Olympia name, no Olympia sign on the loop and no Olympic branding around the ride.

I'm sure the IOC can rest easy knowing this shyster has been put in his place...

Last edited:
Any idea if Cirque Berzerk is worth a punt?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I did it maybe 3-4years ago and it was OK. Some parts didn't really work well but others such as the cage of death motorbikes were very good. Sorry but nothing else sticks in my mind.

According to a comment from Winter Wonderland on a question about prices, the rides will vary from £3 to £9, so we can assume that OlympiaMunchen Looping will be £9.

Which is still expensive but not outrageous like we feared!