• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Winter Wonderland 2016

According to a comment from Winter Wonderland on a question about prices, the rides will vary from £3 to £9, so we can assume that OlympiaMunchen Looping will be £9.

Which is still expensive but not outrageous like we feared!

The big rides have been £9 for the past few years, so it's a relief to hear the prices won't be rising.

Only £1 more than it is in Munich, was expecting it to be £12 after someone said it on here, so four goes for what we thought would be the price of three.

With the exception of Looping, the event is very similar to last year, which is ok for 2 years in a row, but I hope doesn't start to feel stale.

No Bayern Breaker or Daeminion (spelt wrong I know) this year either. Albeit the latter was shit, especially for £8!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! It was the plans before, but isn't on the actual map!

I knew there was something else I was looking forward to!

Seen in that Facebook Group, confirmed that Mission Space ain't coming, in case you hadn't guessed already.

Last edited:
Was fortunate enough to be at the Preview Night tonight, namely to get as many rides in on Olympia München Looping as possible. Having not been able to get to Austria to ride it at Wiener Prater, it's more than pleasing to see it making its UK debut in Winter Wonderland's 10th year!

Taken at face value, it's a fantastic roller coaster. Run with German efficiency (there's one restraint-checker for each row of two seats), it's glass smooth, forceful (up to 5.2G), and long (c.2 minutes ride time; only Big One and Ultimate are longer in the UK). Then you consider that it's a travelling coaster, and that it arrived in pieces across 50 trailers only a week or two ago. And then you consider that it's over 27 years old. Then you realise how seriously impressive it is.

My only criticism is that the "concertina" OTSRs do tend to compress down as the ride goes on, sometimes making for a squashed back by the time you hit the break run. But this hardly detracts from enjoyment.

It's even looks stunning. Definitely deserving of nine of your British pounds, and I wouldn't be surprised if this increases to ten once they get the crowds in nearer to Christmas. Highly recommended.

olympia1.jpg

olympia2.jpg

olympia3.jpg

olympia4.jpg

So I'm planning on travailing up from south Devon on Thursday to visit winter wonderland by myself but have a couple questions.

Firstly how secure are bags when on rides as in when I’m on a ride is there a area where I can securely leave a bag on each ride?

And secondly are GoPro cameras allowed on rides?

Most rides just had to throw your bag onto the platform or the station and some required you to take it onto the ride with you (the only ride I did where this was the case was the waltzer). I'd think that go pros are ok, the ops didn't seem to take much notice of health and safety (walking across the track while the train was coming into the station and walking round the ride area while trains we're moving).

Had a brilliant day on Sunday. olympia was completely worth getting up at 5am and spending 9 hours on a coach. Other coasters didn't come close to my top ten, but I really enjoyed the flats like air, the gravitron and the waltzers, all of which were run on insane settings that actually brought me to tears. I just wish someone had told me that hangover drops twice as I had no idea until i was on it.

My tight-fisted fiscal policy allowed me nine whole pounds to ride this travelling bit of kit and not in the slightest was I disappointed!

Get yourselves out there, it's a great day out.

aef37febc504829be3efd66906ee0607.jpg

Most rides just had to throw your bag onto the platform or the station and some required you to take it onto the ride with you (the only ride I did where this was the case was the waltzer). I'd think that go pros are ok, the ops didn't seem to take much notice of health and safety (walking across the track while the train was coming into the station and walking round the ride area while trains we're moving).

Had a brilliant day on Sunday. olympia was completely worth getting up at 5am and spending 9 hours on a coach. Other coasters didn't come close to my top ten, but I really enjoyed the flats like air, the gravitron and the waltzers, all of which were run on insane settings that actually brought me to tears. I just wish someone had told me that hangover drops twice as I had no idea until i was on it.

Thanks for quick reply. And I thought I had it bad with my 3 and a half hour tain ride I can't even imagine how gruelling a 9 hour bus journey would be.

Me and Kelpie will be there Thursday, if anyone is in the area. :)

Im going to be there between 10 am and 6.30lpm so if you see a guy in a helly hansen coat with a blue ecc lanyard chances are its me come and say hi if you want.

I visited last Saturday and rode Olympia Looping twice. Once back row and once front row. It's an amazing ride considering its age and the fact it's put up and down so often. Also rode Hangover. It's a fun drop tower mainly based on the insane amount of time you are held at the top! I hope OL returns next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egad! You could drive to most European theme parks in that time! (Well, from the south, at least).

14 hours on a coach wasn't much better, and the fact that the end destination was Disneyland Paris was just adding insult to injury.

;)