• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Winter Wonderland 2016

Wasn't one of the rides at Winter Wonderland £10 last year? £10 wouldn't be too bad, considering some of the awful coasters are £6+. Daemonium was £8 and I still regret paying that much for it.

I haven't looked at the plans for this year but I hope the overall layout is the same/similar. 2015 was laid out much better than in previous years.

EDIT: Just looked at the plans, glad the layout is staying pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Despite the high prices the rides still pull the punters in at an alarming rate! A few years back the Wilde Maus was £8 a go and still had two full queue lines at about a 30 minute wait each way. This was a Monday afternoon too so I'd hate to see it on a Saturday.

As for Olympia... Due to its higher capacity than your average Wilde Maus or Pinfari I'm hoping that it'll keep the price out of double figures but that's probably a hope that's a little bit in vein! This thing is pretty much the Concorde of Rollercoasters... It's not going to be around forever and we'll probably never see anything like it again, not just on our shores but full stop. That alone means I'll happily pay whatever Barth deems necessary to make the trip worth it!

As for the rest of the fair, I'm quite liking the quality over quantity approach. Bayern Breaker is back, Hangover is back, Alpenhotel is back and there's talks of Mission Space too. Whilst we can't really confirm anything yet it looks set to be another fantastic year! Give me a Top Scan or Airwolf and I'll be set!

I paid €8 last September to go on Olympia at Oktoberfest so not sure how much more of a mark up it would be at Winter Wonderland. I imagine £10 will be the highest charge.

Is this definitely at WW or are we still assuming? If it's definitely there then I will start arranging my trip down. It will be great to ride it sober(ish) this time.

Last edited:
Well there's a reserved plot labled "new attraction TBC" that's big enough for either Olimpia Looping, Alpina Bahn, or Hollenblitz. I can't think of any other single ride still on the circuit that would take up that much space.

I think everyone is (rightfully) quite skeptical as it is a rumour that's thrown around every year.

This year i'd say the evidence is very strong though, with people hearing testimonies from the ride team in Vienna, the size of the plot on the planning application and several German websites including London in the rides tour plan. I queried the guys on that Facebook page who 'confirmed' it a few weeks back and they say they have heard it from multiple trusted sources.

Despite all the evidence though I can't stress enough to people that these things can fall through. I'll be gutted if it does but with the event still a few months away its too early to be talking like it's for certain.

Well there's a reserved plot labled "new attraction TBC" that's big enough for either Olimpia Looping, Alpina Bahn, or Hollenblitz. I can't think of any other single ride still on the circuit that would take up that much space.

Perhaps Icicle Mountain 2: now with a bigger tent?

It's weird that the footprint on the Olympia website is bigger than the footprint on the map, but the "official" footprint on the Schwarzkopf-coaster.net site exactly matches the one on the map. I wonder what the extra space on the OL site is for?

It's weird that the footprint on the Olympia website is bigger than the footprint on the map, but the "official" footprint on the Schwarzkopf-coaster.net site exactly matches the one on the map. I wonder what the extra space on the OL site is for?
Probably for theming?

Assuming Olympia Looping is there, how much of a cut will Winter Wonderland take from their earnings? According to the Schwarzkof site I mentioned, it has a capacity of 3,000pph at full tilt (5 trains of 7 cars). Now, assuming they don't hit that and only get up to 2000, they're still making £20,000 an hour if it's a tenner like people are predicting.

It's interesting to think that if was €8 a ride at Oktoberfest, and it was running full whack, they'd be pulling in €20,000+ an hour, assuming 2-3 hours at that pace they'd be at €60-70,000 a day. Two weeks of that and they're up to something like €700,000 (-ish, accounting for quiet days) for a two week fair. Assuming they pull in almost that much at each fair you've got to wonder just how much it costs to run if Barth was thinking of selling it because it doesn't make enough money!

Bear in mind, it will be running at reduced capacity at WW. There's no way they will be allowed to batch people to bays that don't have air gates in the UK. They'll probably run 3 trains max. :(

Any ideas when this may be officially announced? I noticed that the official Winter Wonderland site was updated and officially confirmed Wilde Maus XXL, Ice Mountain and Christmas Coaster. I scoured the site but couldn't find any mention of Olympia Looping.

I wonder when they'll make the announcement?

Saw a rumour that it's going to be £12 a ride! 2 goes each for me and Josh and it costs more than our travel down!

If I remember right it was €9 at Oktoberfest this year, which is £8. So if that's true that's a 50% increase.

Ouch.