• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
manual_operator said:
I totally misread that as museum of cat screens lol

I hang my head in shame :/

... also hanging head in shame. :X

Considering we are loosing a ride which was tacked onto the X-Sector 'theme' with no real depth, I am not going to complain. The Black Hole played German VH1 in it's queue line (the only free music channel on old analogue Sky (cheapskates)) and then sent you though an asteroid belt. No one questioned this - it was a bizarre ride considering the idea behind X-Sector that people are now getting angsty about! I am happy to see something a bit more sophisticated and 'clever' come along a replace it. ;D

Apparently from opening day X-Sector will be a camera free zone.

image-1_zps9cdc50d6.jpg

Not sure how this will be implemented, and an interesting move from Towers on their behalf :/

And how the hell are they going to enforce that when 40 TSTers turn up with DSLRs?
Will they be strip searching everyone who enters X Sector and confiscating all electronic devices? Will there be snipers on the top of Oblivion to pick off anyone holding a phone?

Even Morewonga wouldn't have come out with something as daft as that. Punters posting pictures on social media is the best free publicity they can get, and they know it.

No cameras allowed in XSextor?

Oof! Where is this area of the park? No surprises about the cameras though. What happens in XSextor should stay in XSextor!

If there's access to the roof of the Towers then how can they stop people from heading up there to get a few snaps? And surely people taking snaps of a huge new coaster being built to show to their mates is exactly what needs to happen?

Or is this some kind of stunt and they won't actually stop people? :p

I wouldn't read too much into that - it seems more like an off the cuff comment rather than an official "Morwena-esue" announcement.

There may be some No Camera Allowed signs in the area, but I very much doubt they'd be enforced. It would be nice to see some oblivion era guards around the place trying to enforce it though!

Sounds like just a bit of a laugh, or one of those reverse psychology tricks. Tell people not to take pictures, they'll be more determined to take one and all that. Loads of free publicity on twitter and the like probably.

It's just Twitter, it barely means anything. It doesn't actually state X Sector will be a camera-free zone at all. They just say it because The Smiler is still being constructed and they are saying 'don't take photos!' as a tease.

They allowed helicopters fly over and take aerial photos, so they won't care about a few guests and their camera phones or whatever.

I like that tweet, shows that AT isn't a completely faceless enterprise. I like the injection of humour :D

electricBlll said:
They allowed helicopters fly over and take aerial photos, so they won't care about a few guests and their camera phones or whatever.

A few guests and their camera phones? You have no idea ;)

Alton confirmed that it was just a joke, and I think that they didn't think that people would take it seriously!

So, I expect a lot of photos over the next few weeks!

Did any of you really believe that? ;)

Remember that the Twitter page is ran by a few staff (managers seem to pop on now and again), not the park director... just goes to show how enthusiasts can easily look into things! :p

Although I can't help but worry the marketing team would use a camera ban as a PR stunt :p (if you're reading this Alton Towers, please do not do that).

I actually had a small thought that they might try an enforce some sort of rule, hence why I posted it.

Meh ::)

Its worrying me that from the TT updates there are still parts of Oblivion needing paint.I really doubt it will be open for Saturday.

Knowing Merlin, even if repainting most of oblivion is a great leap for Merlin. They will probably leave it half un painted! :/ lol. Hopefully not though, or I will tell them to #Getcorrected!

Maya said:
Its worrying me that from the TT updates there are still parts of Oblivion needing paint.I really doubt it will be open for Saturday.

Looking at the TT updates I can't see anywhere that hasn't been finished on Oblivion. The only parts that haven't been painted is the pipes on the Rehydrator as they are still in fanta orange, but I can't see them being painted black. If they are to be painted they have enough time before now and saturday to do it.

Edit:
Just noticed there is a small structure being put up behind the Fried Chicken Co. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be for?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.