• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Incidentally, whilst I think that the X Sector theme is overall moody and effective but quite sparse, I do really love Oblivion's station.

Oblivion looks absolutely fantastic!

1363430977.jpg

Image from Towers Nerd.

Some staff were there until late last night and then back in at 7 this morning to make sure X Sector looked good. I think a big round of applause should be given to these people!

But we must be greatful that something has been done. We must accept that anything is better than nothing. We must not dare to not be amazed by and worship everything that is done by Our Glorious Park Leaders.

::)

I think it looks good, nice as ever to see some investment and TLC, its not a deal breaker or anything essential - but its certainly pleasing (in my eyes) to see some care.

Dont understand the criticism at all.

I wish they had restored all the shuttles. Apart from that thumbs up from me :D

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Ben said:

I think it looks good, nice as ever to see some investment and TLC, its not a deal breaker or anything essential - but its certainly pleasing (in my eyes) to see some care.

Dont understand the criticism at all.

I doesn't matter if they have taken the effort to do it (which they had to anyway because the rotting wood was practically a hazard), because if the end result is nowhere near the original standard then it quite frankly isn't good enough.

aaa_oblivion_13.jpg

For anyone wondering, this is pretty much the original station...

I don't see an issue with the standard at all! It looks how it was originally meant to look!

The lines and dots have gone!!!11

Really it looks much better now and the coating will protect the station for much longer than just painting it would.

Yeah, I hate it. They've only gone and replaced it with a plastic, which should weather better than wood and that looks identical to the older version. M£RLIN!!!

Seriously, what's the point in complaining, it looks exactly how it should do.

Me and BigAl observed that the OTSR's appear to have been completely replaced on at least one of the shuttles. They were looking amazing, although not all of them have been done up.

Station was in need of a jet wash in some places! It is not meant to be green :p Still a thumbs up from me

I think they deserve some credit for cleaning the metal frames on the station because they do look good now, but the plastic cladding was a cheap and lazy option in my opinion.

It did not look the same before by any means:

displayimage.php

Clearly they are supposed to resemble concrete panels with the holes in the middle to give a more stylish appearance. This effect is ruined now it is covered in plastic.

It looks as good as it did before, it's looking exactly as it once did minus some insubstantial holes and probably cost more than replacing the paper coating that originally covered the MDF. Just plastic will last longer.

Seriously love to moan as much as the next guy but blivy station is looking good. I can't fault the station building (some of the queue buildings need work)

Natalie said:
Some staff were there until late last night and then back in at 7 this morning to make sure X Sector looked good. I think a big round of applause should be given to these people!

You're welcome ;)

From the picture posted, it looks like the third "cage" into the station has been removed! Always though't it looked a bit out of place!

:)

edit: Apologies, just realised that was an old photo!

Morgster said:
Natalie said:

You're welcome ;)

Criticism to be shared? I am happy to! It was AWFUL!!

Ha ;D - like heck it was!

It was fantastic - as Tom says, some cleaning is needed - and more sprucing. Those new restraints were shiny (though did make the non replaced/cleaned ones stand out.

To have all the lights working again around the pit, and be open to that standard with the building opposite, also the team were up against it at times.

I wont mention one thing in particular that I have never experienced before, needless to say, it was very welcomed and a unique use of a queue.

Then there was the next time, when the announcer said words to the effect of:

"Oblivion is experiencing what can only be described as a "Code: Chunky". Indeed lol!

That made us all giggle - and that is Alton Towers as it should be. Then how quickly they dealt with a camera phoner, and really gave a polite rollocking to anyone else considering the idea.

X-Sector was good today, that is the most atmosphere there has been there for years, even with a relatively quiet park - Oblivion was busy, Nemesis? Relatively quiet. I expected far worse. The staff were helpful with bags, and laughed at me as I nearly fell across the foot rest! All my fault like!

So yeah, lovely staff, working it intelligently and efficiently and doing that fantastic ride justice. I don't enjoy queues, but to witness Oblivion feeling popular and loved again is a thing every enthusiast should be happy about.

That is coming from me remember.

I also think The Smiler will be it's crazy, annoying, loud little brother - I have some gripes still over all, but it is nothing like I expected, and really brings some excitement back to the area. Even if I think there are mistakes with The Smiler, that can't be argued with and the positives far outweigh the negatives.

During Scarefest, this area is going to be simply brilliant, especially if The Sanctuary is in full flow - maybe as a free maze now - leaving that through the tunnel and entering X-Sector at night with actors hopefully milling around... don't mess this up Towers... please! ;)

;D :twirly:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.