• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

X-Sector Developments (Including Oblivion)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think the point people are trying make is that the Oblivion videos don't need completely re-making, but the video stating 'Hypnosis is not available at Alton Towers' needs changing as it contradicts The Smiler which is sat next door.

It's only a minor thing, which most people won't even notice, but it's like the Phalanx videos saying 'This is our first discovery' and then having a gigantic monster sat round the corner. It just needs changing or removing :twirly:

siralgenon said:
I think the point people are trying make is that the Oblivion videos don't need completely re-making, but the video stating 'Hypnosis is not available at Alton Towers' needs changing as it contradicts The Smiler which is sat next door.

It's only a minor thing, which most people won't even notice, but it's like the Phalanx videos saying 'This is our first discovery' and then having a gigantic monster sat round the corner. It just needs changing or removing :twirly:

None of the videos need touching. And you know they won't bother anyway.

Plus having the video stating hypnosis is not available will make it clear that Oblivion came first and then they went on to produce The Smiler.

It's such a small detail I doubt even the park have noticed themselves.

:)

CoasterCrazyChris said:
siralgenon said:

Plus having the video stating hypnosis is not available will make it clear that Oblivion came first and then they went on to produce The Smiler.

It's such a small detail I doubt even the park have noticed themselves.

The videos can be the same video as its always been, just with that bit cut out.

Maybe they should just add a ticker tape thingy at the bottom of the video when that bit plays stating that X-Sector now offers hypnosis? :p

By the way, recent aerial photographs show that some work is also going on with the X-Sell, X-Cite building since the signage has been removed from the exterior. Personally I hope they reorganise the layout so that you are not forced through the awful arcade and redecorate the interior.

Oblivion's repaint is pretty much finished, including repainted logos on the supports. No change to the Fanta'd ventilation pipes at the moment, they are still bright orange. Surely they realise these need to be painted black again, since the pipes on the Rehydrator are looking particularly faded/dusty thanks to the construction site.

Now they are repaving X-Sector I hope they put this pattern back on the area around the drop.

oblivion.jpg

CoasterCrazyChris said:
Now they are repaving X-Sector I hope they put this pattern back on the area around the drop.

oblivion.jpg

I think they were only repaving where the trucks and diggers had been going up and down to the site

siralgenon said:

All they need to do is steal electricbill's video, and remove the "LOL" bit at the end. Job done ;)

electricBlll said:
By the way, recent aerial photographs show that some work is also going on with the X-Sell, X-Cite building since the signage has been removed from the exterior. Personally I hope they reorganise the layout so that you are not forced through the awful arcade and redecorate the interior.

That's interesting; I noticed in the game that the building's got yellow lettering in the Smiler font, so presumably that's actually happening. I'd certainly welcome a layout change to allow you to go straight out of the shop, as I've always thought X-Cite was a really bad way to end the Oblivion experience!

From the the Ariel photos that were posted, the paving around the area seems to be nearly finished and the area around Oblivion's exit hole is also being re-concreted.

There doesn't seem to be much else going on apart from the Oblivion repaint around X Sector, excluding The Smiler of course.

I see on one of the Tower times photos that there is a path into X sector, that starts just up from the main entrance and come out behind the Fried Chicken.

I wonder is this going to be the way in and out till the smiler is finished.

I think it's likely that the main entrance to X-sector will still be closed at the start of season, with access to Oblivion via the path that leads to the back of FCC. I wouldn't be surprised to see Submission and/or Enterprise remaining closed at first until major construction is complete and the site can be down-sized. Hopefully the route from Spinball to X-sector will fully reopen with the park, or at least the main path as far as goalstriker along with the path up to the towers otherwise the layout of that side of the park become pretty terrible.

I just wish they were keeping X-Sector closed until May.

Now they will not get a chance to refurbish the area to a high standard.

To be honest I'm happy enough with them re-paving the whole area, new parts on Enterprise, both arms on Submission working, and Oblivion back to its old colours with its station done up, as well as new restraints on all the shuttles :)

I wouldn't want to wait till May, I'm looking forward to getting back into the area on March 16th! ;D

Josh said:
To be honest I'm happy enough with them re-paving the whole area, new parts on Enterprise, both arms on Submission working, and Oblivion back to its old colours with its station done up, as well as new restraints on all the shuttles :)

I wouldn't want to wait till May, I'm looking forward to getting back into the area on March 16th! ;D

Yes, they've done good with what they've done so far but the drop zone, rehydrator and Oblivion queue really do need sorting out too because they look a right mess.

Oblivion should open. No excuses.

I wish they would sort out the Q buildings but NOT touch the vids.

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Would they shut 3 rides until May just to keep The Smiler a little more secret? I personally don't think they will. They would want to get as much hype for the ride as possible.

Also they wouldn't want to take 3 large capacity rides away for 2 months over the busy Easter period. They need everything they can to soak up the queues. IMO

As far as we know X-Sector is due to open with the park unless they have ride technical issues. Going to be quite a tease being so close to The Smiler but not getting to ride it.

Yeah, the latest update from TTF shows the path between Fried Chicken Co. and X-Cite has been kept relatively clear. I recon they'll route guests into the area that way.

It would take a disaster for them not to have Oblivion open at the start of the season, it's still one of the biggest attractions.

Just a quick note that may make a lot of people happy - looking at the pictures that Alton have posted there are a couple of people working on top of the old refresh building. Looking at removing that awful Fanta sign? One can only hope!

542650_10151497473341201_1948719702_n.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.