• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2012/3 Closed Season Updates (pictures inside!)

The whole Flume station needs to be ripped out and made afresh if they're not removing the ride as, quite frankly, it's horrible in its current state!
At least give the roof a repaint as that is the worst part by far.

Some nice pictures there though. It's interesting to see just how much maintenance occurs over the closed season.

I can't wait to see the new restaurants when they open!

At first I thought they were just replacing the top of the platform, like they did on the rapids last year (with that green floor), but now it looks like they are removing all the wood on the platform and replacing it. I imagine its probably quite rotten with the amount of water around it, so they are probably ripping it all out and building a new platform.

I have to say I'm loving the look of the new Burger Kitchen near CCL. The new colour scheme fits in much better with CCL, and freshens up what was a fairly bland styled building.

Out of interest, where does CCL official begin? As far as I was aware it began where Charlie was, but does it also include the Burger Kitchen and Skyride Station?

I would say that yes, the area does include BK and the Skyride - as they don't come under the Dark Forest and nor are they a part of the Towers.

Skyride is classed as cuckoo station, and is definitely very colourful and almost cuckoolandish.

Very, very, very glad to see cuckoo diner ending up like this. Really hope the inside matches the quality of meltdown building!

The bk looks amazing! It fits in really well, and, by just looking at it, you can tell its Alton towers! I just hope that they won't desert it afger this, it would look terrible with peeling and fading paint. ???

Where CCL starts has always been an odd one. Considering Charlie lies outside of it if you go by the sign :p

The best thing to do would have been put it closer to BK and the Skyride station, as both of those count as CCL.

Ian said:
Where CCL starts has always been an odd one. Considering Charlie lies outside of it if you go by the sign :p

The best thing to do would have been put it closer to BK and the Skyride station, as both of those count as CCL.

I find it also very odd that they haven't moved the CCL Sign further out.. to make it clear that Charlie is within CCL!. As for cuckoo diner it's looking very nice from the outside.. as mention i do hope the inside is also very colorful im really looking forward to seeing it finished!

I really couldnt see inside to see what they have done with it as all the lights were turned out and you cant get near the windows to have a proper peek in. I imagine it will keep its same layout, but hopefully repainted and maybe some themeing!

Towers have created a Closes Season Gallery on Facebook which can be seen here. A nice little thing for them to do!

:)

Rob said:
Towers have created a Closes Season Gallery on Facebook which can be seen here. A nice little thing for them to do!

:)
Always enjoyed looking through these galleries over the years :)

The links to the closed season photos are very kool! ;D

However, the funniest one is the car park pictures, all of sudden the feel moves from "wow, didn't realise that worked like that" etc - to "Can't believe they charge for parking, greedy (insert chosen expletive)" LOL!

Don't think they'll be under any illusion as to what people think about that, based on those pictures and comments ha-ha!!

Regardless, nice pictures man, there is some charm behind those rides covered in frost and stuff, be lovely to take a wander around the park on a closed quiet day like that eh?

Oh, PAINT BLADES SUPPORTS ffs!

Sam said:
Given that it looks like it's been abandoned for a decade, they're clearly thinking of replacing/removing The Flume in the next few years, or they wouldn't have let it get into that state. :)
Did you not see it in 2002/3 then? It was in no worse a state then.

thefatone said:
Now just get rid of the smilers on the rocks and the sub terra truck. That'll be nice.

It wouldn't surprise me if they left the smiler faces there for the 2013 season, or beyond even.

Just hate how they decide to destroy some pretty nice (and probably expensive) theming by spray painting on it. Bet it won't come off the truck easily. Thank god they didn't touch the bus.

Yeah the damage it may have done is worrying (as they'll have to pay to get theming patched up). Luckily with paths and rocks it'll just be a matter of a quick jet wash to clean it off. Even with that though the park will be left with patches here and there.

WillPS said:
Sam said:
Given that it looks like it's been abandoned for a decade, they're clearly thinking of replacing/removing The Flume in the next few years, or they wouldn't have let it get into that state. :)
Did you not see it in 2002/3 then? It was in no worse a state then.

And one year later it got a major refurbishment. My point exactly. :)

Not really, your original post stated it would be removed soon - there was nothing to indicate you anticipated a retheme or refurb.