• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

Re: Europa-Park 2013: Magic Cinema 4D + Enchanted Forest Phase 2

You can still eat there.

The hotels run at 96% capacity. They are four/four superior star. They are far better than resort hotels here.

They aren't cheap but they're equivalent to a typical Saturday night in main season at Alton Towers.

Exchange rate is poor, too...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I can highly recommend Pension Chloe in Rust. 5 Minutes walk from the front gates and easy to find.

Jared said:
I can highly recommend Pension Chloe in Rust. 5 Minutes walk from the front gates and easy to find.

I just looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor and there are people complaining about an abundance of chewing gum on the front porch. Avoid!

Jep..you can totally enjoy all the bars and restaurants without sleeping there, and I totally recommend spending the evenings there !

If you want so save some money but still having a good quality hotel then choose Hotel Apollon or Hotel Andante ! Both hotels are just a 5 Minute walk to Colosseo and Bell Rock, I like them and heard nothing bad about those.

The price will be about the half, maybe even a littlebit cheaper than that compared to the EP Hotels.

The price for a two night stay will be appr. between 250 and 300 Euros.

Greeds GeorgeT

About what I said, the thing with going to EP was only the second part of a European trip that was going to Switzerland, Germany and France, so it wasn't going to be worth it as EP isn't the main part of the trip, I have to go along with the rest of my family with what they want to do in Germany. :S

A beautiful picture has just been uploaded by Europa Park on Facebook.

970900_10151417515686440_231434275_n.jpg

Horror Nights 2013

Horror Nights will reach its 7th season at Europa-Park this year. It is amazing where the time has gone - it feels like only yesterday that some of us were venturing to find out what it was all about back for THN2 in 2008. But Marc Terenzi is now gone, and the park are going it alone.

It all seems to be about #7. So we're seeing 7 attractions, construction began on 7th June and tickets will be on sale in the 7th month.

There will be 5 horror attractions plus 2 scare mazes, the horror ice show, Vampire's Club and selected rides.

The event will run on:

September

October

November

Some early concept drawings:

HN2013_Baubeginn.jpg

Website background:

hn2013_webseite.jpg

For more information:
http://www.horror-nights.de/

Follow HN on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/horror.nights.de

Photo posted by chris-space.net with a translated description.

1005582_502991953099597_1331785867_n.jpg

"Again, a new site in the Europa-Park:
The deep drill in action, which has prepared already the holes for the stabilization of the Arthur area is now behind the Park's own workshop.
We will certainly soon see what there is."

Interesting, I believe that's the car park round the back of Blue Fire's overbank.

Edit: also EP just posted this beautiful photo on their Facebook:

996169_10151462296661440_883339331_n.jpg

Another update from chris-space.net tonight!

"Magic cinema:
The back of the cinema building has now received euro mouse heads as decoration. Also, a new row of small houses just along the route of the EP Express, is built on the new toilet extension for the cinema."

cAL8ln1.jpg

1qnp3YA.jpg

4yN52Kl.jpg

Eoj9LHO.jpg

udvXvPv.jpg

2ii4KG1.jpg

jGtwBQl.jpg

r5ZdLLU.jpg

Xmlk3PE.jpg

eVIzTUk.jpg

This is really good. I'm honestly not just saying this to be trendy, but I have actually thought for a long time that the view of that area from the EP Express has been a seriously weak part of EP. In fact, that area around the Magic Cinema is probably the ugliest in the park, so I'm really glad that they're taking steps to beautify it and make changes, especially as it's so close to the entrance. :)

Europa have released their schedule of summer events. (Well, when I say released, some info got sent to me via email and the dates & events were all up on the website, so I've got no idea how long it's been there for. :p) It includes the music and entertainment show 'Immer Wieder Sonntags' being hosted live at the park on Sunday mornings, a South African food evening, the Summer show at Colosseo and late-night parties, to name a few. However, what intrigues me most is that the park is opening until midnight on Saturday 27th July, with Silver Star closing at 9:30pm due to noise restrictions.

http://prntscr.com/1b4d7o

It's weird how this has worked out, but I'm actually going to be in Rust at Europa-Park on that date, so this is perfect for me! :D

From chris-space.net...

1043941_505029672895825_1390466553_n.jpg

(translation) "Soon, also owns of an electric car can drive safely in the Europa-Park, because currently the first charging station will be set up at the main entrance of EnBW."

Not really much to say about this but... great, I guess! :p

As we know, toilets at EP are something special. Well, this has just been added to the toilets in the Enchanted Forest:

grimmwc8.jpg

Bless.

:D

As weird as that is, I adore little touches like that!

It's weird but I'm looking forward to the minor attractions much more than the bigger rides and coasters, Queen's Diamonds for example :p

I guess it helps people with a small penis go to the toilet :/

Chris-Space with an update on the odd construction taking place around the Magic Cinema 4D:

PI6rwg0.jpg

T4gX2bc.jpg

iyzoA70.jpg

gUr7GK4.jpg

j7GQmwU.jpg

y76Oaae.jpg

pS2IFFW.jpg

oSs9y5o.jpg

Er6YEks.jpg

0tER0Iv.jpg

ze4U17z.jpg

jc7CtG0.jpg

nfSXxpB.jpg

l422U0N.jpg

I hope the next project is to make the front look as beautiful as they've made the back look!

An excellent article about Europa-Park has been published in Swiss newspaper, Die Zeit. You can read the article (translated) here

The key points:

- 1million Swiss visitors to EP every year
- 4.6million guests in 2012 to EP
- The Mack family say "it's not about the money" and "they don't set out to be the biggest"
- Europa-Park disregard fastrack as they do not wish to make the park unequal for guests
- Attractions added "for the good of the park"
- Thorpe Park and many USA parks referred to as 'ostentacious ugliness'
- Attractions has to appeal to the whole family as thrill market are 'not loyal, have no money'

Truly, fantastic read.