• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

Re: Europa-Park 2013: Magic Cinema 4D + Enchanted Forest Phase 2

549760_474721632593296_555582384_n.jpg

Photo update from chris-space.net on FB.

Progress on the new toilets being built at the Magic Cinema 4D. :)

Not mentioned in EP-Fans' Change Log are the bizarre little changes EuroSat's had since last year.

Last season Sat's lift hill was pitch black all the way to the top. There was nothing to see from the moment you joined the lift drum until the countdown began at the top, and the only thing that interrupted a minute or two of raving to In A Second Orbit was that sudden screeching whoosh noise about half way up. The noise has gone, and there are now dangly planets and asteroids like the ones at the bottom of the lift illuminated at various points on the way up.

Also, the waving astronaut animatronic from the transfer track has been moved to the 'tank' on the left of the queue just before the station. The thinly disguised projector and motherboard that were pretending to be a small-scale model of some sort of space building were in there at the start of my recent visit on the 4th, but on my last day on park (the 7th) they'd been removed. I've no idea if they'll go back in, but as the astronaut is roughly full scale and dwarfed all the tat in there I'd imagine they won't.

Finally, in case the ridiculously short stopping distance on the brake run gives you short term memory loss, the archway immediately before re-entering the station has the EP logo and ride name projected/painted in UV paint above it to remind you where you are and what you're on.

It made me wonder why they did it. Sat's very dated (which somehow adds to its appeal for me), but it was perfectly fine as it was and not one of these changes adds anything to the experience. Still, I imagine for most guests the changes aren't going to detract from it either, and probably won't even be noticed. I definitely preferred the way it was last year though (probably because that's how it was when I first experienced it), and particularly missed that sudden noise on the spiral lift.

I did consider sticking this post in spoiler tags, but let's be honest, you'd have to be almost as sad as me to not want to know they've done this before visiting.

NOOOOO! Not the projector model! :'(

On the plus side it looks like they have replaced the yellow laser inside Eurosat and have either installed a new smoke machine or changed the settings to pump out more smoke.

This looks really good on the first drop as the car is inside a yellow laser tunnel.

Europa-Park is currently the top story on Reddit, another first, and quite a significant feat on that big site!

TFoukWJ.jpg

A nice surprise when I got home from work. :)

So...I promised to keep you up to date regarding Wodan ;)

Had the oppotunity to ride Wodan today ...first time with the new harder wheels AND with temperatures around 25 degrees and sunshine...and without a doubt Wodan was running faster than ever !

Okay....to be honest...especially in the middle of the train there were some serious vibrations ::)

But the intensity...oh boy. Front and back was just awesome. Soooo wild....better then any rides I had last year ;D

I had problems with my youtube upload....but I uploaded these two short video sequences on dropbox that show very well how fast Wodan is running at the moment :

From a little distance : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/310 ... .04.13.AVI

And closer : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/310 ... .04.13.AVI

I hope that some of you will be able to experience Wodan this way....I think the pacing is really amazing now ! But no way I would call this a smooth ride anymore !

No...I would say it´s somehow fast, wild, rough and aggressive ! :cool:

Greeds...GeorgeT

I know this is a 2013 topic and my question regards 2014, but I'll post it anyway. ;)

Is Europa fully open in February 2014? There's a school trip during February 2014 which goes to Europa and I don't want to go if all rides aren't open...

Andrew said:
I know this is a 2013 topic and my question regards 2014, but I'll post it anyway. ;)

Is Europa fully open in February 2014? There's a school trip during February 2014 which goes to Europa and I don't want to go if all rides aren't open...

I was about to say... the park isn't open in February - it's opens like Alton Towers, at the end of March and closes at the end of November. It opens for a month or so in December, too (although some rides are closed then).

AstroDan said:
Andrew said:

I was about to say... the park isn't open in February - it's opens like Alton Towers, at the end of March and closes at the end of November. It opens for a month or so in December, too (although some rides are closed then).
That's exactly what I was thinking.
This shows how great my school is at planning. :p

I've sent an email to my teacher about it anyway to see what she says to see if the trip can be moved to July next year instead. ;) (Trips are only allowed in February and July now)

They'd better find a way of going to Europa Park...

First of all, we never had school trips to theme parks in my day, they had to be educational.

Second of all, what kind of idiot teacher doesn't check the park is open before organising a trip?*

Third, School trip to EP of all places?!? You lucky git! :p

* Though in fairness, it does amaze me how many people don't realise parks are seasonal. The ammount of times I get (non enthusiast) mates message me over closed season saying "Hey, the Alton Towers hotel is really cheap at the moment, I've got a great deal! I'm going to take the kids, got any tips?" ... And I have to tell them the reason it's cheap is because the park is closed. :p Then they get angry as if the park is trying to rip them off... Bless.

Diogo - theme parks spend heavily on education these days. You would be surprised what places can offer.

Europa would be a cracking destination - there's so much learning you could do there, links to languages, international cooperation, art, technology, history...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The only school trip I ever got was a walk through a local housing estate to look at the different types of houses... I'd have killed for a visit to a duck filled lake, let alone closed season EP. :)

Oh, I agree that Europa would be a lot more educational than pretty much any other park I know of. But still...

The funny thing is that it isn't actually the educational part of the trip to Europa Park. ;)

Oh well. I guess I'll have to see what happens with it now...

A fair few things have been going on at Europa-Park recently.

Plussing on Abenteuer Atlantis:
atlantis10.jpg

It's 20 years since the Swiss Village opened at EP, and there's a special event on to celebrate:
1367339976.jpg

1367340631.jpg

Casting takes place today for Horror Nights 2013:
hn_01.jpg

The park also hosted a major music industry awards ceremony, Radio Regenbogen Awards 2013.

:)

Bit off topic here, but I have a trip to Europa Park (my first ofc) in June and me and the family are considering getting one of the hotels with only just one little problem on our hands...

...Money.

We were hopeful that if we had a price in the €400 that included our two days to the park then we would go for it, unfortunately the price we got was actually €666 (no seriously, that was the price.) As much as I hate to be the miserable git here, we're not sure now about staying at EP and are thinking of going to one of the local B&B's in Rust as a cheaper alternative. Unless someone could help me out with getting a room there on the cheap as I have budget with a capital 'B'. :/

Log Cabin at the Camp Resort could be an option if you don't mind taking a sleeping bag and using centralised wash areas.

If not, search www.booking.com 'Europa Park'. There's loads of solid accommodation just a few minutes walk from the main entrance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Oh darn it :(

Looks like we're going for the hotels in Rust then. ::)

Yeah the prices are just too expensive I feel. Maybe they're justified but I wouldn't exactly call them attractive especially as you have to pay for the park entry on top of that. But they seem to sell well so you can't blame them.

Is there a way to get the hotel experience without paying? Can you still eat there etc?