• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

Two bits of pretty major information today from Europa-Park!

Firstly, the official trailer for Horror Nights 2013 is out!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q752u2PbF0#ws

Secondly, new single released by RUSTIS today; entitled 'Salut' the video for which can be seen here

RUSTIS are a virtual pop group, made up of Europa-Park mascots:

1000816_607928925894169_2124749400_n.jpg

1000390_609013959118999_930057837_n.jpg

Previous music success came last summer, in their collaboration with Marquess:
Bienvenido: Marquess ft. Rustis

:)

Symbolic handing over of the key?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Europa-Park have now completed the new toilets which have been added to the newly themed Magic Cinema 4D. As usual, they're very nicely themed and individually designed to suit the attraction/theme area:

003.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

All images ( C ) Chris-Space.

I'm glad to see the park are starting to address the chronic lack of toilets in the place. Sometimes I need to empty my bladder on-park and the nearest loo is 50 metres away. Scandalous.

Some local community news from chris-space's Facebook, translated via Google:

chris-space said:
Municipality of rust: 20 metre high observation tower comes!

If the timber is impregnated and therefore weather and weather-resistant, construction will started the observation tower as a landmark of the climate change garden at the nature center, said Mayor Günter Gorecky in the recent Town Council session to a question from the audience. In the meantime, work on the concrete foundation and the examination of statics were concluded. Gorecky: "it will go soon".

Cost of the project: about €270,000 regarding the construction: - main bearing elements are 3 logs from local silver fir - spiral staircase in steel construction - viewing platforms in steel construction - roof as 3-side tent roof timber construction sources: Baden zeitung.de, isenmann ingenieure.de

996496_516953061703486_1475199641_n.jpg

It doesn't explicitly say so in that translation, but me and Astro both agree that this is almost certainly being funded by EP, given their history of donating money to community projects in Rust. I will dig for more info!

Here is a link to show where it'll be, not near the centre of Rust at all actually but very close to Tipidorf! That area around that lake seems to be a public park for the village.

I love stuff like this. It'll be both of benefit to the local residents and to visitors of EP, and when completed I am sure it'll be a very beautiful observation tower. I am imagining leaving Silver Lake Saloon after a nice meal and a few drinks, climbing this tower, and watching the sun set over the park, with Silvia's profile in silhouette. Perfect. :)

Hooray!

Love the euphoric music as you enter the brake run, too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Minor EP updates:

JwhHDkh.jpg

New volcano in the Universe of Energy queue

FFdFjl3.jpg

2SsKWaO.jpg

New paintings of St. Petersburg in the Gazprom Hall

QKmJDQa.jpg

New theming in the Fairytale Forest

I1urDEl.jpg

New 'rolling barrel' effect in Batavia

tP6FxKB.jpg

Characters in the 4D cinemas

Sorry for nicking your job Dan, I know you usually do this. :p

Great updates - little things is why EP is so great!

The park is open till midnight tonight (Silver Star 9.30pm due to noise restrictions), for the annual Midsummer Event.

Fireworks, live music, special food and drink and what must be over 20 live entertainment offerings across the
resort!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I was on park tonight, and it was good, albeit a bit tiring. I didn't see the fireworks thanks to being in Fjord Rafting's queue, and Blue Fire & Wodan, along with a few other rides, closed early because of the thunderstorm nearby.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

More Music news:

The composer of Europa-Park's and Wodan's soundtrack Hendrik Schwarzer has released a new track for the MIR space station. The track is played already since one week and can be heard here: https://soundcloud.com/hendrik-schwarzer/an-ode-to-mir

There is also a nice interview with Hendrik (German, EP-Fans): http://www.epfans.com/?id=3955,15,&

On the sound cloud profile is more music that seems to be for the park: Balloon Ride: https://soundcloud.com/hendrik-schwarzer/balloonride

I love his music and hope he will compose more for the park. :)

Beautiful music. :)

It seems that EP are going down the Disney route of making sure that there's nowhere on park where you can't hear music, constantly. Great idea, it makes you feel like you're in a film.

Really, I can't get over how beautiful and classy that track is! I'll definitely make sure I walk round the Space-Station in October. :)

From chris-space, new in the Magic Cinema:

954754_527323493999776_1186700724_n.jpg

chris-space.net said:
EP infrastructure:
Parallel to the Arthur site also just the extension of the workshops is driven properly. Meanwhile, even the dimensions of the building can be seen. (Translated by Bing)

993697_530787620320030_526654926_n.jpg

Yet more investment in improving infrastructure. :)

Its almost like AstroDan has disappeared off to the US, and forgot all about this thread :p

Thanks for the updates Sam, I wish I could go and watch this been built. I can not wait to see it finished, and open next season.

Ian

There seems to have been some sort of accident today on EuroMir, and a man has been taken to hospital with minor injuries.

More information on this forum post, but the translation is very bad.

I can't work out exactly why it happened, but it was deemed to not be a technical fault, and the ride was re-opened after an inspection. Any German speakers care to give us a better translation? :)

Edit: from Facebook comments it seems he actually got out of a train.

Edit 2: News article from the Badische Zeitung

Badische Zeitung said:
Man injured in Europa-Park
A man has spiraled into a ride at Europa-Park from the safety bar and fell down a path. He was wounded in the leg and was taken to a hospital.

On Friday morning an accident has been reported at Europa-Park, in which a 58-year-old man was injured, informs the police. The guest had writhed in the Euro-Mir station from the safety bar and had fallen on the neighboring protection path. In the fall, he was wounded in the leg and was taken to the hospital by emergency services Lahr. The police checks, why did this accident. After a preliminary assessment of the police is not a technical defect. The train was therefore put into operation after inspection.

The man sat in a EuroMir-train and the lapbar was closed.
Somehow he could get out of the seat.
Then he wanted to leave the train.
He was injured while leaving the train.

Horror Nights 2013: Map

Great to see that Scare Zones are returning for 2013, after their absence last year.

1185166_615181081836883_1846657202_n.jpg

Looks like the following rides are part of the event again this year:

Pegasus
Kassandra
Flight of Icarus
Matterhorn Blitz

I really, really don't understand why Europa insist on opening low throughput, family orientated rides for the Halloween Horror Nights event. Indeed, I can't think of any rides less appropriate than Pegasus and Flight of Icarus.

Can anybody shed light on why exactly these attractions are chosen? Granted, they're in close proximity to the event but surely Poseidon, Eurosat or even Silver Star would be much better choices and be not that much harder to open?

The rides themselves really don't need to be high throughput anyway, since as the night goes on they're ridden less and less. As for Silver Star and Sat, they're too far out to really make them worth opening, topped with them being too high capacity too. I'm sure it'll muck up the techies nightly checks and cleaning of the closed areas of the park too. Poseidon's station is used for vampire club too so that takes that ride out of action.

The rides are just little things to give people a change of scenery from mazes really and soak a little of the queues up, rather than an aim to do scares and rides a la Thorpe.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

D4n said:
I really, really don't understand why Europa insist on opening low throughput, family orientated rides for the Halloween Horror Nights event. Indeed, I can't think of any rides less appropriate than Pegasus and Flight of Icarus.

Matterhorn Blitz is also open as part of a maze. Pegasus is not low-throughput. epfans has it down as 1000pph (more than The Smiler) which sounds about right. More than enough for this event.

Silver Star won't be able to open at that time due to noise, probably the same with Poseidon. I can see an argument for them opening EuroSat, but then it kinda detracts from the event as it just becomes the park opening late. They probably open Peggy and the balloon ride because they're very much part of the 'event arena'.