• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Minetrains aren't even proper rollercoasters. They are glorified monorails. Most have a top speed of 25Mph and are very limited in what they can do.

I think I speak for most people on this forum when I say that I think Merlin should look into getting a Mack Megacoaster.

BigDave said:
I think I speak for most people on this forum when I say that I think any uk park but Merlin should look into getting a Mack Megacoaster.

Corrected that for you Dave, Merlin don't deserve a Mack Megacoaster until they start treating their customers, like customers, instead of walking cash machines.

Ian

After two rounds of elections, the town of Rust has elected a new mayor, the Social Democratic Party candidate Kai-Achim Klare. :)

QDYODKR.jpg

He replaces current SDP mayor Günter Gorecky, who has served the town for 24 years, and became good friends with Roland Mack.

The new mayor believes that "Rust has great development prospects," and wishes to "create a broad consensus at all stages of development." He and his wife Katrin have a daughter, 14 month-old Franziska.

qKGcfzt.jpg

Concerning Europa-Park, Kai-Achim has spoken of wishing to balance the traditional and distinctive natural environment around the town with the interests of Europa-Park.

He has also spoken of improving the infrastructure of the town centre and doing more to ease traffic congestion caused by the park.

He advocates a sensible balance of permanent residents and holiday guests in the town. As an EP freak, I'd like to wish the new mayor luck! Heres to another 24 years of prosperity for Europa-Park and Rust. :)

Progress on the new info centre. :)

1901185_699204616767862_690612019_n.jpg

In general area news, Ringsheim is set to get a new attraction in 2015, with the opening of an indoor skydiving centre.

1920235_636099916455466_323178201_n.jpg

With EP constantly expanding, is this the first step towards the wider development of the Baden region as a tourist hotspot, similar to the effect Disney had on Orlando?

epfans.info photos of the new info centre, which reveals something interesting.

PwZDRYw.jpg

JwK5h4i.jpg

jumiGxT.jpg

This building looks like it'll now be joined onto the main entrance building, as an extension, rather than as a standalone building.

366qJYJ.jpg

iQ6XLNH.jpg

4AdXLTB.jpg

GQRL8dH.jpg

Work seems to have begun on theming another side of the 4D Magic Cinema - a project that began a few years back and must be almost complete.

It looks like the EP Express track is going to pass somehow directly through or over the building!?

According to eprust.free.fr, the ice show this year will be called Sur'price in the Jungle while the variety show in Italy will be called Rhapsody. The England show remains as Waterloo. :)

AstroDan asked me to post this for him, as he's having technical problems. :)

Colosseo refurbishment

tzmH21M.jpg

DS7cebK.jpg

IPLarVC.jpg

Alcazar exterior refurbishment

WApG9iN.jpg

Guesthouse Circus Rolando exterior refurbishment

JtkmI7b.jpg

Info Centre update

2v1iivw.jpg

YZYHmtE.jpg

UINlnmh.jpg

kMhTS6q.jpg

mpAVev6.jpg

mFRuEPE.jpg

aycGfPe.jpg

Ahh, so that's what's happening here! A shelter. :)

y97gyIX.jpg

yvXTiei.jpg

The Tower of Rust

B5Awjpe.jpg

DjcVR1L.jpg

JyQHlXP.jpg

The view from that hill will be amazing - particularly at night, looking across the park!

Now some would say that is indeed a Colosseo refurbishment. However my reliable sources tell me that it is in fact merely scaffolding put up for H&S reasons just in case the structure falls down in 500mph wind one day.

;)

The daft thing is that none of the hotels at EP are even close to needing what would normally be called "refurbishment"... precisely because these kind of closed season touch ups happen every year. If only certain other companies would realise this.

Some disastrous news! :eek: :eek: :eek:

hitradioohr said:
New Europa-Park in Rust attraction will be opened later

The theme world "Arthur and the Minimoys" may not go as planned for the season on 5 April go to the start. Those responsible ran in recent weeks, during the construction of time. Although the Europa-Park could take parts of the plant. The park management has now, however, decided to open the new family attraction only when everything is ready. In addition to a family-friendly roller coaster, meter high slides and a Freefall Tower arise in the new themed area also shops and restaurants. (Vf)

Source. Actually in shock. They've had how long to build this ride?! :'(

But they started building it so far in advance!? This would be pretty poor, just like Towers, a park like EP should be able to get things ready and open on time.

:)

Gutted to hear this, especially if I miss out on riding next month. I know I have the rest of the park to soak up on my first visit, but this was certainly up there as one of the rides I was anticipating the most.