• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Info Centre: Construction Update (26.1.14)

026.jpg

This appears a lot larger than first anticipated:

015.jpg

012.jpg

No news on Arthur this weekend.

156920_624922507573207_1567333317_n.jpg

The entrance gate to the Spanish area (from Austria, i.e. Vienna Waveswinger) is being refurbished. :)

Photo from chris-space

Although not known if this will match the final design, here's some concept art for the loading station of Arthur.

concept55.jpg

From eprust.com

Am I right in thinking there was talk of this loading like an omnimover? (Trains never stop moving and one train follows another). If that's the case, I wonder if they will use a Merlin style bag store to speed up loading?

DiogoJ42 said:
Am I right in thinking there was talk of this loading like an omnimover? (Trains never stop moving and one train follows another). If that's the case, I wonder if they will use a Merlin style bag store to speed up loading?

It does have conveyor loading. No idea on baggage systems!

Hotel Castillo Alcazar gets some work done to the exterior.

1549564_627110900687701_890679915_n.jpg

I mean, I think I speak for us all when I say thank GOD. That place was such a DUMP. :mad:

Just catching up on the topic.

I "miss Germany" and I have never been ;D

Mainly though, that camera video? Wow. That place looks something else at night, it's like a classy Blackpool (in terms of how well lit and atmospheric it looks) - and that big wheel sent me all romantic!! I'm not actually joking either, it's really beautiful, and I HATE big wheels but that actually made me want to ride it.

Stunning, at night, just wow - rare you get that sense of awe from a video, cannot begin to imagine just how utterly incredible it is in person.

This isn't Merlin bashing for the sake of it, but genuinely, they do not have a prayer of getting anywhere near that, no wonder so many of you laud this place so highly. It is a Mack playground of imagination and free spirited thinking.

That is one seriously talented management team.

Magical truly magical, I really hope I get to visit and get on all those rides someday!

It's not a coincidence that in general the people who still think the sun shines out of Merlin's bottom are the people who haven't been outside the UK and seen what a good company can do. ;)

Sam said:
Hotel Castillo Alcazar gets some work done to the exterior.

1549564_627110900687701_890679915_n.jpg

I mean, I think I speak for us all when I say thank GOD. That place was such a DUMP. :mad:

If that scaffolding isn't gone in 3 months time... I will NOT be happy!

(Not that I think even for a second that is wont be! This is EP we're talking about)

DiogoJ42 said:
It's not a coincidence that in general the people who still think the sun shines out of Merlin's bottom are the people who haven't been outside the UK and seen what a good company can do. ;)

Doesn't take a genius to realise that Merlin are the parasites of the theme park industry though, does it? ;)

Must ask! I genuine thought for the second that this roller-coaster would be OTSR, but I guess I'm wrong, by the concept art, that for some reason I only just saw. So, is Europa Park, the only major theme park without OTSR's or is it just me?

I believe I heard that Roland Mack has a deep hatred of OTSRs, which is why they developed what I like to call OHLRs (Over Head Lap Restraints) for Blue Fire, and now this. As far as I know, no Mack ride has ever had OTSRs.

I'm sure there must be plenty of "family" (read: "kiddy") parks that don't have OTSRs though.

It's a shame we haven't got a Mack coaster in the UK. Alton or Thorpe should look into building one. *hopes and dreams*