• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

The dark ride section has some amazing set pieces; the "Vegas" scene looks beautiful and there are some nice jump scares along the way. The animatronics are huge (about 45 in the whole show building) and the sets are incredibly detailed! It's a 4 minute ride, with only 20 seconds happening outside. The main domed building looks amazing and the ride floats above guests' heads as you enter the domed building.

The station is lovely with a nice telescope illusion on the wall with an eye that opens and closes as your position around the station changes, and a map with fibre optic effects on it illustrating your journey before you leave.

It's a beautiful area indeed! There's one drop tower in the building too (with a 2nd one to be added at a later date), some slides and a spinning ride for kids as well. There's also a "Pret A Manger" style restaurant - serving 100% fresh soup (when cold), sandwiches, wraps etc etc... and also a unique drink that is themed to be fly vomit (something from the film). Kids will pay for a coin, and insert the coin into an animatronic fly and the fly will then emit the drink from its mouth into a cup! Wonderful fun!

nickhutson said:
There's also a "Pret A Manger" style restaurant - serving 100% fresh soup (when cold), sandwiches, wraps etc etc... and also a unique drink that is themed to be fly vomit (something from the film). Kids will pay for a coin, and insert the coin into an animatronic fly and the fly will then emit the drink from its mouth into a cup! Wonderful fun!

The fly drink could either be absolutely amazing, or alternatively I have awful flashbacks to the taste of the chocolate from the donkey in Greece/Iceland :eek:

Craig said:
nickhutson said:
There's also a "Pret A Manger" style restaurant - serving 100% fresh soup (when cold), sandwiches, wraps etc etc... and also a unique drink that is themed to be fly vomit (something from the film). Kids will pay for a coin, and insert the coin into an animatronic fly and the fly will then emit the drink from its mouth into a cup! Wonderful fun!

The fly drink could either be absolutely amazing, or alternatively I have awful flashbacks to the taste of the chocolate from the donkey in Greece/Iceland :eek:

Oh god, that stuff! It's not chocolate. I think the plummed the digestive system of that donkey in backwards. :/

EDIT: I didn't realise the trains were only three rows each. I assumed they would be at least five cars long.

Let's hope they finish off the vertical garden soon! It is slightly concerning that they don't seem to have done much more of it since we were there a couple of weeks ago.

:)

My main worry is the as yet still metal wall. I would hope they'll be planting it!

I don't have any problem with the planted garden remaining not 100% - it'll need growing time surely.

Brillat-Savarin-Plakette prize

The Badische Zeitung reports that Roland Mack has received this year's Brillat-Savarin-Plakette, the highest honour possible in the German hospitality industry. He is described as "a role model for the entire hotel and catering industry." EP is apparently now the largest private hotelier in the country.

More interestingly, the article reveals that the park are planning to build two new hotels, not just the one we vaguely already knew about.

Arena of Football

VsR2zYa.jpg

10313388_674704629261661_3222225241399010705_n.jpg

Exterior gets a minor makeover in time for the World Cup.

[/img]

10336799_674710819261042_5499707284249626606_n.jpg

Construction continues on the Camp David shop.

0TYSbnO.jpg

The roof is to become a new seating area and terrace.

Other bits & bobs

SzfkkVd.jpg

A statue of EuroMaus has appeared on top of the new fountain just inside the entrance.

10305425_678969008835223_1464761470581524051_n.jpg

A cornice (the decorate strip between the wall and the roof) has been added to the French-facing side of the Magic Cinema 4D. Without cornice in April.

Delightful detailing!

Great re: tower. It was widely rumoured for 2012 but they ended up surprising us with Wodan.

:)

Worryingly, this website has reported that Arthur's opening date has slipped back to 28 June. Not sure on the veracity of this information of course. :)

According to the www.epfans.com page all the rides in the Arthur Hall are ready to ride. The German-TÜV approval of the hall and the attractions is not yet complete. I don't know how long the TÜV approval will last, but I don't think it will last until June 28.

As if EP weren't having enough problems with this ride, two workers have been hit by a train, one critically injured.
Article (in German): http://www.badische-zeitung.de/europa-park-arbeiter-werden-von-achterbahn-erfasst-und-verletzt
Translation:
When working on the Minimoy rollercoaster on Wednesday afternoon, a 35 year old worker was critically injured. Another man went to the accident results in minor injury.

The two men were busy with work in addition to the still inaccessible for visitors attraction when they were hit by a car of the train under test operation. How it could come to the accident is still unclear. The police has started investigation into the cause of the accident. In consideration of the ongoing investigations of Europa-Park currently provides no information about the incident.

Oh heck, here's hoping they recover soon!

These things do happen, sadly and injury from moving vehicles has affected parks from Alton to Disney and many in between.
That said, this is sad to read. Hopefully those affected are well again soon and the park can get Arthur open.