2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Discussion in 'EuropaStreet Discussion' started by Ramius, 25th Aug 2012.

1. BigDave

BigDave TowersStreet Member

September trip to EP hopefully they will have it up and running smoothly by then :)

2. nickhutson

nickhutson TowersStreet Member

The dark ride section has some amazing set pieces; the "Vegas" scene looks beautiful and there are some nice jump scares along the way. The animatronics are huge (about 45 in the whole show building) and the sets are incredibly detailed! It's a 4 minute ride, with only 20 seconds happening outside. The main domed building looks amazing and the ride floats above guests' heads as you enter the domed building.

The station is lovely with a nice telescope illusion on the wall with an eye that opens and closes as your position around the station changes, and a map with fibre optic effects on it illustrating your journey before you leave.

It's a beautiful area indeed! There's one drop tower in the building too (with a 2nd one to be added at a later date), some slides and a spinning ride for kids as well. There's also a "Pret A Manger" style restaurant - serving 100% fresh soup (when cold), sandwiches, wraps etc etc... and also a unique drink that is themed to be fly vomit (something from the film). Kids will pay for a coin, and insert the coin into an animatronic fly and the fly will then emit the drink from its mouth into a cup! Wonderful fun!

3. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

The fly drink could either be absolutely amazing, or alternatively I have awful flashbacks to the taste of the chocolate from the donkey in Greece/Iceland :eek:

4. Ramius

Ramius TowersStreet Member

5. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Oh god, that stuff! It's not chocolate. I think the plummed the digestive system of that donkey in backwards. :/

EDIT: I didn't realise the trains were only three rows each. I assumed they would be at least five cars long.

6. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Let's hope they finish off the vertical garden soon! It is slightly concerning that they don't seem to have done much more of it since we were there a couple of weeks ago.

:)

7. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    My main worry is the as yet still metal wall. I would hope they'll be planting it!

I don't have any problem with the planted garden remaining not 100% - it'll need growing time surely.

8. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
  9. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

For those wishing to discuss the Blue Fire clone in China, I've split of the posts to its own dedicated topic. Please keep this topic to EP discussion :).

10. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Brillat-Savarin-Plakette prize

The Badische Zeitung reports that Roland Mack has received this year's Brillat-Savarin-Plakette, the highest honour possible in the German hospitality industry. He is described as "a role model for the entire hotel and catering industry." EP is apparently now the largest private hotelier in the country.

More interestingly, the article reveals that the park are planning to build two new hotels, not just the one we vaguely already knew about.

Arena of Football

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exterior gets a minor makeover in time for the World Cup.

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG]

Construction continues on the Camp David shop.

[​IMG]

The roof is to become a new seating area and terrace.

Other bits & bobs

[​IMG]

A statue of EuroMaus has appeared on top of the new fountain just inside the entrance.

[​IMG]

A cornice (the decorate strip between the wall and the roof) has been added to the French-facing side of the Magic Cinema 4D. Without cornice in April.

11. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    Delightful detailing!

Great re: tower. It was widely rumoured for 2012 but they ended up surprising us with Wodan.

:)

12. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
  13. Sam

Sam TowersStreet Member

Worryingly, this website has reported that Arthur's opening date has slipped back to 28 June. Not sure on the veracity of this information of course. :)

14. Ramius

Ramius TowersStreet Member

According to the www.epfans.com page all the rides in the Arthur Hall are ready to ride. The German-TÜV approval of the hall and the attractions is not yet complete. I don't know how long the TÜV approval will last, but I don't think it will last until June 28.

15. DanJB

DanJB TowersStreet Member

As if EP weren't having enough problems with this ride, two workers have been hit by a train, one critically injured.
    Article (in German): http://www.badische-zeitung.de/europa-park-arbeiter-werden-von-achterbahn-erfasst-und-verletzt
    Translation:

16. Rowe

Rowe TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The new Liseberg dark ride, probably
    Oh heck, here's hoping they recover soon!

17. DiogoJ42

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    Damn, this ride is almost as cursed as The Smiler! :/

18. Wilsy

Wilsy TS Founding Member

And this is why it's not cool to be inside a ride area whilst a ride is in motion...

19. DiogoJ42

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    *Glances nervously at Tripsdrill*

Alastair likes this.
  20. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    These things do happen, sadly and injury from moving vehicles has affected parks from Alton to Disney and many in between.
    That said, this is sad to read. Hopefully those affected are well again soon and the park can get Arthur open.