• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

I was also just watching that! Very interesting video and indeed, learnt some new things!

:D

That video just reminds me of @AstroDan giving me a guided tour almost of the queue line back in April, albeit with less facts :p I remember the oddity of the two spare footers as well, so it's great to have the mystery to that solved!

A very interesting watch indeed.

Rob said:
This brilliant video about Wodan has been posted on YouTube and despite the interview being conducted in German Miro answers all the questions in English:

He really does love those queue line toilets doesn't he :p I remember him mentioning it on that little tour we did too. The video is done by an Efteling fan site so it's actually in Dutch, so I'm guessing he's more comfortable answering in English - so not as weird as him answering German questions in English.

Back to Arthur and it's still inching bit by bit to opening it seems. A vinyl wrap has been added to the side of the building and uniformed park staff are around the area

10440960_288298611343014_6543773363508999742_n.jpg

A vinyl wrap...

... How very Merlin.

I agree it's pretty pants. Or at least, cheap. Especially with the budget of this project.

Maybe it's temporary. At one stage I was anxious they'd leave the green wall...

Oh well. At least the colours blend in.

He really does love those queue line toilets doesn't he :p I remember him mentioning it on that little tour we did too. The video is done by an Efteling fan site so it's actually in Dutch, so I'm guessing he's more comfortable answering in English - so not as weird as him answering German questions in English.

Ah that makes more sense, I did think it was a little strange!

Regarding the banner over the wall, it is cheap but it's better than them leaving it as an open metal wall which I was worried about. I'm hopeful that it is just a temporary fix, we all know EP often add to their rides in subsequent years.

:)

Arthur: Still not clear on opening date

I am starting to believe that Europa-Park aren't actually going to pre-advertise a release date for the new themed area. The 3 new rides, new catering outlet, shop and kids slides have been in opening date limbo for a number of weeks - with the park having originally stated the ride would be open in Spring. This gives them until June 21st at the latest - 2 weeks today. That said, my gut feeling remains that if it isn't ready by then, then they still won't open it.

It seems that the main challenges are now surrounding the capacity (throughput) of the ride. It has been testing continuously for a few weeks as they work to get this sorted. Externally, the new themed world seems to be ready.

The latest quotes taken from local press just a couple of days ago are as follows:

"I expect to have clearer information in the near future"
"We have begun final testing of the ride"
"The ride is a prototype and a technical challenge"

These comments come from Dominic Seitz from Europa-Park.

Hopefully, we'll have more within the next few days.

I must congratulate Europa-Park on one thing however - the fact that inspite of dozens of people having been on the ride, including many park fans, not a single review, image or video has been leaked online. This ride really is going to be a big surprise when it's open - not least because of the date.

Wondered when it would be open, they were putting the furnishings out on Friday.

On the subject of new things this was being built right outside our window at the Hotel Colosseo:

Colosseo%20Hut.jpg

The chimney was completed while we were there but on the last day there was a massive stage in the plaza (causing them to remove all the plants they'd only added the previous day). Looks like it'll be a BBQ style food outlet, can't remember if this was mentioned on one of their lists of development before?

I'm going to take a guess, that the above outlet and stage that you mentioned are very possibly something to do with the World Cup? I believe they screened the matches in the Colosseo Plaza back in 2010, though I could be wrong!

However I have to say, as usual with EP it appears to have been finished to the highest quality even if it is only temporary! :)

The stage was for the event this weekend, can't remember what it was as I knew we'd be gone by then so didn't pay it much attention. I wouldn't expect this to be temporary, it wasn't being built in a way that suggested it could be taken down and reassembled later, plus the fume pipe is attached to the main hotel.

Didn't there used to be a mini carousel were this is now?

That photo of Arthur is quite frankly amazing. I swear it looks almost identical to the concept art!

I'm wondering exactly when this bleeding thing will open.

No leaked pictures.
No leaked video and/or POV.
No leaked rider reports/details.

The end of spring is this Saturday.

I'm expecting it to open by June 30th now.

Reactions: Dar
Somebody on TPR has said they've been on as part of private press event thingy, all they said is the ride is good! How much are MACK paying them for their silence?!

Also, they mentioned that it changes from day to night inside the dome from time to time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk