• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

DiogoJ42 said:
Damn, this ride is almost as cursed as The Smiler! :/

It's later than the Smiler was and is seriously injuring people... I worry it's more cursed :eek:

Feel for the guys injured but you have to ask how this could happen, why where people in the ride area when testing?

Dave said:
Feel for the guys injured but you have to ask how this could happen, why where people in the ride area when testing?

It's Germany, they let people in ride areas when rides are in full operation! ;)

Hope the chap critically injured makes a full recovery though. Seems like everything that could go wrong is going wrong with Arthur at the moment.

:)

Maybe a mis-communication so dispatched when it was not safe to do so. Like when someone was killed whilst working on a coaster and it was dispatched...

Saturday, August 9, 1997 - A 51-year-old maintenance worker was killed after being struck by a roller coaster train at Six Flags Astroworld theme park in Houston, Texas. The man was working on a section of track on the Excalibur roller coaster when the train was sent out for a test run and struck him along its way. A signal had indicated to the man that the track was clear.

We don't really know the facts, for all we know it may have actually been safe to be in the ride area but the braking system had failed/the ride moved momentarily.

Hope they make a full recovery though.

The same website is now reporting that one of the men has died.
http://www.badische-zeitung.de/europa-park-arbeiter-erliegt-seinen-verletzungen
On Wednesday morning, two employees of the company Ettenheimer Rope Frey were used in preparation work on the Minimoy rollercoaster on a hoist . While the two were headed various positions of the lift , drove several tracks past the workers.

11.30 clock , the two men were hit by a moving car through the operation under test track , it says in the statement to the police. In this case, a 35 year old man was seriously injured . The 45-year -old company owner and council Erik Frey suffered minor injuries. The seriously injured has since died due to his head injuries in a Freiburg clinic.

Why the prescribed safety regulations and warnings in the form of loudspeaker announcements were left on the part of the workers ignored , can not presently be said.

The roller coaster " Arthur - In the Kingdom of the Minimoys " should be ready to start the season originally . The works have been going on on. When the new attraction is in operation , is still unclear .
Very sad. :'(

Very sad indeed. I hope this results in a review of satefy procedures in some form as no-one should have to die whilst working on a coaster.

:(

This is horrible, I only hope that this wasn't something that could have easily been avoided through more care. Interested to see the cause of this as this type of incident simply should not happen. :(

The article seems to suggest that the usual sort of warning systems where in place for sending a train (most coasters have a siren that goes off when the first train Is sent after been off or in manual mode. So it does beg the question if that was in place why those guys where there.

TUV are pretty thorough though so I'm sure it will get sorted, feel for the guys family though :(

This is very sad.

I trust the Mack family will see it a personal mission to establish the causes, and dedicate part of Arthur to his memory.

Some new testing images have appeared from Europa Park Forever:

1958552_650698165013317_7384864792453405205_n.jpg

10390258_650698178346649_2002066621717503906_n.jpg

10362855_650698175013316_139910096360855138_n.jpg

I'm not sure whether these pictures were taken before or after the tragic accident however.

Feel deeply sorry for anyone who loses there life during there job. It will be interesting to see the HSE report on the incident

Sad news from Rust, sympathies and love to the man's family. His name should be immortalised in the area somewhere.

In brighter news, Chris-Space have posted a photo of the new Arthur uniforms for staff:

10348223_688186817913442_9088789886077295254_n.jpg

The new barbeque hut has been extended with wooden decking and themed in time for summer:

10404885_684616644937126_7395276059319546044_n.jpg

More bad news for the park, as the Badische Zeitung reports that a planned expansion of the motorway exit for Rust has been delayed because of some wrangling over money between two different local authorities. A pain, especially as the motorway will see traffic jams during the summer.

Edit: just posted by Chris-Space:

10389293_688316757900448_4825901876226107103_n.jpg

Looks like something has been done about the unthemed wall that I know Dan was concerned about. :)

Chris is under the impression from his FB post that the ride could open any day now.

It's things like the new barbeque hut that I love about EP. There's no need to build it, it is somewhat out of the way, yet they have and it looks really good!

Glad to see that there is now a banner over that bit of the Arthur wall. Although I do hope that in time it will be replaced with an extension of the vertical garden.

I've been at the park the last two days and agree it is on the verge of opening. As the pictures above show there are uniformed staff at the entrance and staff constantly walking in and out. Watching the queue I could see someone doing what looked like a much more thourer version of the opening checks our parks do every day. I even got very excited when the main doors opened wide but alas it wasn't opening.
I'll keep an eye out again tomorrow (my last day :( ) but no doubt it'll open when the forums down Friday :p

Tim said:
I've been at the park the last two days and agree it is on the verge of opening. As the pictures above show there are uniformed staff at the entrance and staff constantly walking in and out. Watching the queue I could see someone doing what looked like a much more thourer version of the opening checks our parks do every day. I even got very excited when the main doors opened wide but alas it wasn't opening.
I'll keep an eye out again tomorrow (my last day :( ) but no doubt it'll open when the forums down Friday :p

It's normally the case something happens when we do maintenance or have an outage, so I'm guessing the same to be honest :p. Fingers crossed something does happen tomorrow for you though, would be gutting to miss it by a matter of days!

This brilliant video about Wodan has been posted on YouTube and despite the interview being conducted in German Miro answers all the questions in English:

http://youtu.be/kF86T_apNh8

A few things that I did not know before:

- They initially wanted a duelling woodie on a different site but building it would have blocked an area of the park for future development.
- They wanted to call it Thor but couldn't as Universal have the rights for the name Thor.
- The exact location of the first drop was changed late on to make it stand out more, hence the two extra footers in the queue.
- Miro likes the queue line toilets! :p