• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Re: Europa-Park 2014: "Arthur" - Suspended Powered Coaster

Arthur Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xf4MG9tMI#ws

From ants to elephants, grass blades are as high as skyscrapers, bees make every jet plane competition - in the Kingdom of the Minimoys, nature is a major adventure. The Europa-Park kidnapped in 2014 a microcosm of superlatives.

The most elaborate indoor attraction in the history of Europa-Park is hiding under a huge, 15-meter-high dome on a magical island, surrounded by two rivers and a haunted forest. Tiny and quite large - the dream will experience tremendous natural scenery up close with the real issues driving!

The gigantic implementation of the lovingly detailed scenes of star director Luc Besson's movie trilogy success "Arthur and the Minimoys" shows the peaceful, secret world of tiny creatures.Real world and animation merge into an extraordinary experience for the whole family.

Translation by google :/

Ramius said:
The Europa-Park kidnapped in 2014 a microcosm of superlatives.

Google or not, this is the best sentence that's ever been written on this forum.

Why does Mack Coaster Track always look so good, whether its blue or green, it just looks fantastic.

At this rate, they are going to have it ready for Summer 2013 :p

If we are talking about coasters becoming experiences, this could be one of the best experiences at Europa Park.

Roll on Summer 2014.

Ian

Has this been posted yet? It was on Coasterfriends.de like everything to do with German theme parks. ;)

178309d1368526049-2014-neuheit-thematisierte-familienachterbahn-arthur-ride-europa-park-947332_10151617202031014_86988022_n.jpg

The layout of Arthur:The Ride! Looking pretty darn sexy!

Oooh! Ahhhh!

178331d1368537669-2014-neuheit-thematisierte-familienachterbahn-arthur-ride-europa-park-19.jpg

Here is a better résumé of photo's for Arthur. Firstly, I think it's astounding how advanced the works are, given this ride opens for the 2014 season.

The budget for the ride appears to be in the region of €25million (£21million). For Europa-Park, this represents the biggest investment in a single attraction ever. That said, they have spent more in an individual season - most notably 2009 (€50m).

The following was shown at the press conference, showing the success of the franchise in France:
Arthur-Trilogie540.jpg

It has been confirmed that the park will install a 10metre high free fall tower for families, along with a Carousel attraction - all within the main building.

A panorama of the construction site can be seen here.

The park suggest that this will be their most technically exciting and impressively themed attraction yet.

Plan of the ride hardware from Mack:
1368562252.jpg

All the information is in French, German and English. This is about the Rat Attack scene:
1368562255.jpg

It feels like Europa-Park's very own Wuze Town equivalent:
1368562269.jpg

A considerable amount has happened in the past 2 months:
1368562313.jpg

This image shows the queueline will be heavily themed, with an external queue area on busy days. It also confirms this ride will have a Single Rider entrance:
047.jpg

The theming really could be amazing:
084.jpg

More ride concepts:
093.jpg

Ride the leaf:
091.jpg

The Minimoy Village will feature, too:
045.jpg

I like this woman. She says EP is amazing and deserves to be seen by larger numbers, and that this will get the French coming in!
014.jpg

The project has been developed since 2010:
069.jpg

Roland Mack hopes the project will promote Franco-German relations:
016.jpg

Queueline detail:
049.jpg

This project now, finally, seems huge.

:)

Note: All images Copyright to Chris-Space and EPFans.info

Re: Europa-Park 2014: "Arthur" - Indoor Dark Ride Coaster

COULD YOU NOT HAVE PUT THE SCARY SPIDER THING IN A SPOILER TAG? ;)

Nah, on a serious note, this ride is growing on me. I had no idea that the track'd be green? It's a great colour, and the idea of the whole Suspended Powered coaster is very appealing, I'd love the UK to invest in something like this, even if it didn't have an IP/be half as well themed or planned.

I suppose the IP makes sense if they are going for the French market - I never understood why they went for Arthur and the Invisibles as I didn't think it was even that big :/

Further pics from EPRust:

Ride cars for this scene enter from the right, moving left. The red arrows show the direction of the riders - confirming that the ride vehicles will pivot - and you will leave the scene backwards:
140513f.jpg

Operator Booth - just WOW!
140513q.jpg

More concept:
140513r.jpg

The Carousel:
140513v.jpg

:D

AshleeKel said:
I suppose the IP makes sense if they are going for the French market - I never understood why they went for Arthur and the Invisibles as I didn't think it was even that big :/

Over here Arthur isn't that big, however in France it is massive. This ride is also, I believe, endorsed by Arthur's director Luc Besson who's a bit of an institution in France. With EP being so close to the border with France it's their thought that this new attraction and additions to the surrounding area will bring in more guests from over the border :)

I really can't wait to see how this pans out, the plans look amazing and the fact that work has begun so early lends more to the notion of how massive and immersive it's going to be! I can't wait for summer next year :)

All of these concepts look ridiculously amazing. If they manage to pull it off then they really will be onto a winner. Really looking forward to seeing this develop, it does look massive.

:)

Paradise Alley

140513r.jpg

This scene is as large as the entire attraction Piccolo Mondo.

The vehicles can move forward, move sideways and backwards.
When the car leaves the hall, visitors can decide whether they go forward or backward. :cool:

Ramius said:
The vehicles can move forward, move sideways and backwards.
When the car leaves the hall, visitors can decide whether they go forward or backward. :cool:

So each row will have a joystick, to control the spin of the car during the ride, like Abenteuer Atlantis? :/

Not sure I like the sound of that...

Construction Update:

Supports for the coaster track are going in:
003.jpg

005.jpg

The park have also revealed that they'll be drip feeding fans of the park with information and previews over the coming weeks - including a closer look at the theme detail and ride.

030613.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that the reason this ride is being built so long in advance of opening, is that they wish to get external track work and the building shell complete well before the cold weather in winter, so that Mack Solutions and ride manufacturers can spend the winter months working on the internal theming and design.

AstroDan said:
I have come to the conclusion that the reason this ride is being built so long in advance of opening, is that they wish to get external track work and the building shell complete well before the cold weather in winter, so that Mack Solutions and ride manufacturers can spend the winter months working on the internal theming and design.
If only Towers had done this for The Smiler... :p

From ep-fans on Facebook:

382512_589756514379340_1253667399_n.jpg

"Today we have an artwork from the novelty 2014 "Arthur and the Invisibles".

So, we wish you a pleasant evening." (translated)

Awesome! Paradise Alley features in the 2nd Arthur film.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2