• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Re: Europa-Park 2014: "Arthur" - Indoor Dark Ride Coaster

We see the first signs of the Dome which will house the main plaza inside the building:

080713b.jpg

After visiting last month and staying in Rust, as opposed to on resort, I was very surprised just how close this is to the park's border and the staff accommodation!

Construction Update: 14.7.13

The pace of this rides development is considerable, with a lot of track now in place - 8 months before opening!

Carousel Ride:
027.jpg

Main Theming in plaza(Root Palace):
021.jpg

Family Free Fall Tower (similar Tikal at Phantasialand):
009.jpg

Theming being built:
053.jpg

Princess Selenia's house:
042.jpg

Scene 2 - The Harvesting of the Fruits:
014.jpg

Minimoy House prototype:
038.jpg

Concept art for main plaza:
030.jpg

Track:
041.jpg

040.jpg

039.jpg

All images ( C ) Chris-Space.net

:D

The 3rd instalment of the parks vlogs for the development of the new ride has been released. It focuses on fabrication of the ride track at Mack Rides in Waldkirch (video language, French):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKO3YPDmrek#ws

In addition, Europa-Park opens on Saturday, 5th April 2014; and so this is the presumed launch date for the Invisible Kingdom.

Photo of the test track in Waldkirch, now with a test seat!

946326_605299769491681_327970260_n.jpg

I love the curvaceous look of the 'spine' of each row!

Just like how Blue Fire's seats are basically bolted down to the flat floor, it looks like these seats and restraints will be almost identical, and just bolted to the car 'spine'. :)

Lol at them basically taking the pee out of towers' marketing photo :p

Europa Park and Towers do staff exchanges between their marketing departments so i would guess they saw Towers version and wanted to put their own take on it.

Arthur: Construction Update - 7.9.13

It's been a month since this topic was updated with the latest, and I am pleased to say that things are progressing very well on the Arthur site in Rust!

Europa-Park have stated that a significant amount of the track work is already completed on the building, and the support rides (family free-fall tower and carousel) are also well underway.

In the past few days, the park have created a new 'portal' from where park guests will be able to view progress of the new area. Similar to when Wodan was under construction in 2011, peep holes allow guests to look through and glimpse some of the track and building.

Here's a couple of photo's of the new portal, located in the Enchanted Forest, which also confirms the opening date as Saturday, 5th April 2014:

1239497_10201929276773492_454787295_n.jpg

1208641_542481159150676_1523024867_n.jpg

Track in that shade of green:
021.jpg

You can see track inside, meandering its way around:
019.jpg

004.jpg

031.jpg

Another reminder of the proximity of Arthur to the surrounding houses!
029.jpg

Track lurks in the shadows...
023.jpg

The amazing photo's from www.chris-space.net and the chris-space.net Facebook page.

:)

I'm heading to EP in May next year, so it's very reasuring that it will the new area will be open by then. :D

I really think, this could be a game changer for the park as it will have a dark ride that hopefully will rival Disney.

Am I right in thinking this is the first inverted ride from Mack?

It's looking like a nice little coaster so far, lets just hope they do a good job with the theming and that the area in general isn't too cluttered.

ImUrNemeis said:
I really think, this could be a game changer for the park as it will have a dark ride that hopefully will rival Disney.
They already do. You've clearly never been on Bench.

Jared said:

It's looking like a nice little coaster so far, lets just hope they do a good job with the theming and that the area in general isn't too cluttered.

Indeed it is the first.

It's a prototype.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DiogoJ42 said:
ImUrNemeis said:
They already do. You've clearly never been on Bench.

I have, it's amazing. :p

Jared said:

Interestingly, despite this being their first suspended coaster, they offer this model with the optional extra of spinning seats on their website! I'd certainly love to see a suspended coaster with spinning seats, imagine the possibilities! :)

Alastair said:
Jared said:

Interestingly, despite this being their first suspended coaster, they offer this model with the optional extra of spinning seats on their website! I'd certainly love to see a suspended coaster with spinning seats, imagine the possibilities! :)

I belive that's going to be the case with Arthur. It spins to view certain scenes, if I'm right.

Alastair said:
Jared said:

I believe this one does! It has rider controlled spinning I believe?

[EDIT] Go to the top of the previous page!

ImUrNemeis said:
Alastair said:
Jared said:

I belive that's going to be the case with Arthur. It spins to view certain scenes, if I'm right.

cotda said:
Alastair said:
Jared said:

I believe this one does! It has rider controlled spinning I believe?

[EDIT] Go to the top of the previous page!

Whoops! :-[

Haven't been following this topic, and I only noticed this by looking through the Mack website a few days ago :p

Track construction outdoors is picking up the pace. This photo captured my attention, I really think it looks beautiful!

1148337_10201956550895328_1309717140_n.jpg

:D