• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Re: Europa-Park 2014: "Arthur" - Indoor Dark Ride Coaster

that's going to be a sharp corner based on the banking and how tight it looks.

Construction Update: 12.9.13

Development seems to be going at breakneck speed, I almost get the impression they want the entirety of the track completed before the end of the summer season.

Thanks, as ever, to the amazing www.chris-space.net website!

What are the black things for?
046.jpg

In and out...
002.jpg

More additions have been made to the preview centre:
006.jpg

Well, that's one way to do it... here in the River Elz:
052.jpg

There's a fair bit of track around!
032.jpg

I think this could look magical once it's all finished:
070.jpg

Close up:
022.jpg

Access bridge, no doubt will be for guests to use in 2014:
071.jpg

Curvacious:
063.jpg

Black inside... green outside:
035.jpg

:D

Stunning. EP have done it again, they've taken a theme and a ride that I didn't give a toss about 6 months ago and made me genuinely excited and itching to visit.

AstroDan said:
What are the black things for?
046.jpg

I'm guessing they'll be insulating clips that the ride's powerlines (Busbar) will clip into. It looks like they will be under (Well, on top of really :p ) the track, in the same way a lot of the old Mack Blauer Enzian rides are.

You can see them here on Flying Fish:

45n0jfb0604tu23es1ku00.jpg

:)

The track for the rollercoaster has today been completed, which means that 2 of the 3 new rides have been installed. Only the Mul-Mul Carousel has yet to be sighted.

Bring on the theming and landscaping!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Good to see that Roland and co can get coaster track built way before a ride's due to open. Let's just hope that a certain theme park in the Staffordshire Moorlands takes note of this for future projects...

Jonathan said:
Good to see that Roland and co can get coaster track built way before a ride's due to open. Let's just hope that a certain theme park in the Staffordshire Moorlands takes note of this for future projects...

Bit of a different situation considering this needs to be constructed earlier so the theming can be installed...

There's not really been much in the way of news for Arthur. Most of the work from what I can see seems to be going on in the indoor sections and the ride building. I am genuinely quite excited about this ride and hope to be able to ride it at some point next year.

They've been busy promoting Halloween.
I think there'll be a video updaye soon.

Europa have posted a few photos of the filming of the TV advert here. :)

994063_10151724031451440_1134792980_n.jpg

1450955_10151724033011440_1171736036_n.jpg

1463663_10151724033181440_55194181_n.jpg

1395987_10151724032906440_18428427_n.jpg

I wonder if that's how far apart the seats will be from each other in real life...?

A few more details on the specifications for the three new rides which will open on 5th April 2014:

Mul-Mul
This will be a Zamperla 'Jump Around' model. It's a small, kid-friendly carousel, with cars that rotate and bounce. Product on Zamperla's home page.

Cornpoppy
This will be a Zierer 'Family Free Fall Tower' model, as is also located at Phantasialand, near Colorado Adventure. Product on Zierer's home page.

Arthur in the Minimoys Kingdom
Number of trains: 9
Max hourly capacity: 1,600pph (although this seems quite optimistic?)*
Theming/Animatronics: Being developed by several different companies

*source RCDB, unable to verify

I think the numbers for Arthur are completely wrong.

Earlier information said that Arthur can transport 10.000 - 12.000 people per day. So the max hourly capacity will be more like 1,100 - 1,300 pph.

The max number of trains will be 3 maybe 4 but never 9.