• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

It looks a beautiful ride, actual can't believe the amount of theming going into the ride

The ride is looking, as expected, nothing short of stunning! Genuinely, Europa just set this incredible high standard that could only be topped by the likes of Disney, and in some cases, it isn't!! This is certainly looking to be no exception to that rule, the scale of the ride is incredible, it just looks so vast, that main hall with the slides and ride swooping overhead should be a fantastic experience :D

However, I do have one major problem with this project... And this is the fact that this, is one of, if not the most horrific thing I have ever seen in my life!!

821cc02b648dab32d44244f342101c26.jpg

I might actually just have to skip out on riding tbh! :\

Sammy said:
However, I do have one major problem with this project... And this is the fact that this, is one of, if not the most horrific thing I have ever seen in my life!!

He made an appearance over Halloween...I wasn't a fan :eek:

This ride is shaping up to be a very amazing looking attraction. The whole spinning of the cars to look at the different scenes is very graceful and is such a Mack style thing to have in an attraction. LOVE it! The theming is going to be so substantial and immersive...I can't wait until the outside of the building is clad and finished! Also that video shows that, ostensibly it is a roller coaster but, really, it's a dark ride at speed :)

Sammy said:
The ride is looking, as expected, nothing short of stunning! Genuinely, Europa just set this incredible high standard that could only be topped by the likes of Disney, and in some cases, it isn't!! This is certainly looking to be no exception to that rule, the scale of the ride is incredible, it just looks so vast, that main hall with the slides and ride swooping overhead should be a fantastic experience :D

I might actually just have to skip out on riding tbh! :\
Not going on the ride they've spoilt it with the spider

Do we know what the min height is going to be :p

I am really looking forward to visiting next year, this is shaping up to be another fantastic addition for the park. I think they may struggle to top this in 2015.

Ian

IanB said:
Do we know what the min height is going to be :p

I am really looking forward to visiting next year, this is shaping up to be another fantastic addition for the park. I think they may struggle to top this in 2015.

Ian

1 metre. The same as Pegasus.

:)

Sam said:
Err... this is a ride for children...? It's just a spider, get over it.

It's a terrifying spider that no doubt will be in the same vein of Potter... The Hobbit is a kid's film and that'll have spiders...

Scarred for life some of us will be...

This looks like the first thing that I can remember that Europa has done that has actually worried some people...

I know it's not finished yet but, like Sam, I can't tell what their aim is here.

(sorry, I'm posting in this topic way too much)

I actually realised I couldn't remember what that part of the Wasserbahn looked like before, so I looked up some photos of it on epfans.info...

0S2uBb5.jpg

lCIVLz6.jpg

So it looks like it's actually going to look pretty similar to how it did before. I thought those wooden poles were new, but they're just a replacement of what was there before. Looks like they're probably just replacing the rock work that sloped away from the channel, which will have become pretty mouldy because of the water. Obviously, that plaster coating in the construction photo above will just be a first layer. I don't feel as worried anymore, this is just a pretty standard maintenance job. :)

In other news, chris-space.net reports that the ventilation system for Arthur has arrived.

1390663_605258472872944_1845472432_n.jpg

:eek:

Though there is speculation that this may actually be theming for the 'rat attack' scene...

It is.

It's like that in the 2nd film!

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Whoa, that Wasserbahn maintenance job is definitely something else! Can you imagine The Flume being given this level of overhaul? Or indeed having such theming in the first place :p.

Arthur is really coming along - is the building attached to some sort of accommodation, or is that how they've built it to look so as to blend in with the town, or am I barking up completely the wrong tree?

The video of the press conference really shows the scale of the project... I am really looking forward to this in April :D

Found a bit of EP news on the Badische-Zeitung that seems to have gone undiscovered so far. From a report on the town council meeting of Rust:

Badische-Zeitung said:
Europa-Park builds

RUST (fi). The Europa-Park will build a new indoor children's play areal with a café and gift shop adjacent to the wiki children's land between Elz and Junkerbächle (building area blue mat). This became known in the recent council meeting. From the council there was no resistance. Against the opposition of ABFR Councils, the Panel also agreed to a second construction project of the Europa Park. Adjacent to the main entrance (page Rheinweg / Ausstraße), the park plans to build an information center. Towards the street a noise barrier is to be erected.

Having used this map, the Junkerbächle is a little diversion from the Elz in the park.

So I reckon what they're talking about is this bit of land near the current children's play area. Hopefully this construction will include the demolition of the hated playbarn near ASS!

llgKdvH.png

Whatever this information centre is, that sounds groovy too! Infrastructure ftw.

I presume both of these projects will be completed for summer 2014, if not April.

The usually-reliable eprust.free.fr have a little bit of info on the new developments mentioned in the above post.

eprust said:
23/12/13 - The park will build on the land Wickie (children's world) a lobby with a playground for children, a small corner restaurant and a small souvenir shop. And next to the main entrance (I think where was the science house) an information center. There is a anti noise wall.

Staggeringly, the park continue to build new shops and restaurants - soon every guest will be able to have their own. As usual with EP, this is a slightly bigger development than initially thought. The source isn't clear, but eprust are reliable. I don't know if it means that there will be a new noise wall built to the left of the entrance (boo) or if this new information centre forms a noise wall itself...?

Fantastic news from the Badische-Zeitung. EP look set to top 5m guests in the 2013 season for the first time in their history. A remarkable achievement. :)

Badische-Zeitung said:
Europa-Park is growing thanks to winter opening - 5 million visitors in 2013
Germany's larger theme park is once again on a growth course of the year: Established for the Europa-Park in Rust has a winter wonderland as the engine of upward trend.

"We worked with her ​​this year growth rates of up to 40 percent," Park said Roland Mack. It succeed to raise additional public. On peak days would more than 20,000 visitors. "We have now reached the dimensions, as we know from the summer season." The winter opening was on 23 November has started, it lasts until 6 January 2014. Overall, he expects during the winter with up to half a million guests, Mack said. "In the annual balance sheet we are moving in the range of nearly five million visitors." The year before, there were 4.5 million. 2013 is thus the largest number of visitors and business-best year in the history of the park in 1975.

If the water park?

The winter opening there for 13 years. Rust claims to be next to the Phantasialand in Brühl near Cologne, one of two major theme parks in Germany, open also in winter. On 5 April 2014 start of the Europa-Park's summer season. Until then, will be invested according to Mack specifications 20 million euros. In the summer, the company wants to decide whether it also builds a water park.

Another Badische-Zeitung story about a 12-year-old boy from Karlsruhe who, entirely unknown to his parents, ran away from home to visit EP for the day. A large-scale police search was called off after a park employee spotted him unaccompanied at the park. Who can blame him! :)

New promotional advert for Arthur has just been revealed by Europa-Park. It is very unusual for EP to conduct TV campaigns, so it's more likely just for the internet. I like the slight touch of EP Suite near the end of the advert, although Arthur looks younger than in the film when he appears at the end.

Video Link