• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Your views on the beautiful game seem very outdated, Dave. I'm a season ticket holder at Chelsea and match days now are more of a fun, family day out.

Of course there will be drunk idiots but this is a very small percentage which is blown out of proportion by the media. When millions of people follow something there will naturally be a few tits.
I also pay regular visits to the bridge, and I can second this. The east lower stand has a fantastic family atmosphere to be fair :)

Anyone got a better photo of the repainted Oblivion shuttle? I do know it was 14 years ago so it maybe a long shot.
I have a picture from the Towers Times magazine
5b1f81.jpg

They could not do that in this day and age. Too may people would complain about it.

Well, undeniably, the English flag has taken on a slightly more loaded meaning in the current climate, compared to fifteen years ago. On the other hand, I was active in the fan community in 2004. And I can assure you, plenty of people complained about it then too, and for plenty of different reasons. :p

Quick question about the flag. Does anyone know of any instance away from the pages of the scum and the daily fail, where someone has been forced to take down a St George's flag?

Dootball fans at theme parks. International level, in the middle of England. I doubt you'll get much violance, most of the yobs will be "darn the boozer waving me flag like a true patriot!" you may get a scot/Welsh man chancing it if England lost. But I doubt they'll be 30 ambulances, 20 police horses and the best in blue having to break up a major riot. Hang bags at dawn with with security mainly swith dime chavs shouting smack him/leave em alone you ***t.

Towers can show games in bars around the park. BUT, not on a big screen.

This is what Europa Park are doing with regards to the football.. and I'm not seeing any riots etc.

Df-vDvuXcAEJYAD

I honesty don't see why it would be a problem to show the World Cup somewhere else at the resort, I just don't understand the logic of paying to enter the actual park to sit and look at a TV. Plus, with the football literally everywhere, it's nice for Towers to be able to provide an escape from it all.

Last night, in my city, some England fans went on the rampage and damages shop fronts and ripped up signs, and that was after a win.

Beware of alcohol and England games and historic buildings, rides and gardens being fused together. Not to mention colourful language.

There would not be riots at Alton Towers.

Alton Towers have shown football matches involving England many times over the years.

The simple truth is they have forgotten or can't be bothered.

Remember: Anything other than a basic ride operation in the theme park would require pigs to fly. Alton. Don't. Do. Events. Because. Management. And. Marketing. Are. Full. Of. No. Risk. Takers.

In other words, Alton are pretty boring.

There would not be riots at Alton Towers.

Alton Towers have shown football matches involving England many times over the years.

The simple truth is they have forgotten or can't be bothered.

Remember: Anything other than a basic ride operation in the theme park would require pigs to fly. Alton. Don't. Do. Events. Because. Management. And. Marketing. Are. Full. Of. No. Risk. Takers.

In other words, Alton are pretty boring.

No one is saying there would be riots, but the chanting and cheering is not for many people a nice atmosphere and not really in keeping with theme parks.

I have no issue if they want to show it on the resort.

I appreciate many have a dislike of football but it's important to appreciate it's the most popular sport - by far - in the UK.

It is not unreasonable to expect somewhere like ATR to be showing it.

Most pubs will be as will many City Centres through open space big screens.

We're quite literally NOT going on park this Sunday because there's no coverage. The matches a few years back provided a fantastic atmosphere on park, a far cry from the threatening hooliganism alluded to by some here.

In fact, the day we had an England match shown live followed by the P!nk concert in the evening was one of the best days I had at Alton. How far they've come since...!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.