• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If you require RAP why would you buy a pass that allows you unlimited Fastrack?

It's very much at odds with itself here, because it's spending money that you don't have to given you don't have to queue?

Though by all accounts Towers aren't running Fastrack OR RAP correctly this year...

Either way, shouldn't be allowing random people up an exit because "their friend is on it" irrespective of hidden disability or not...

If you require RAP why would you buy a pass that allows you unlimited Fastrack?

It's very much at odds with itself here, because it's spending money that you don't have to given you don't have to queue?

Though by all accounts Towers aren't running Fastrack OR RAP correctly this year...

Either way, shouldn't be allowing random people up an exit because "their friend is on it" irrespective of hidden disability or not...
Rap isn’t the same as unlimited FT.

Scrap the VIP pass. It’s not just the fastrack, it’s the entire culture it creates.

Merlin clearly aren’t going to want to lose the revenue so offer a specific capped number of unlimited fastrack add on tickets to the standard and premium passes. So in effect the fastrack element remains but the lanyards, VIP rhetoric and general ‘I’ve paid £700 so I can do whatever I want’ culture is significantly watered down. You are no longer a ‘VIP’ - you just have a fastrack ticket.

VIP passholders aren't going anywhere and Towers will never stand up to them.

I would honestly rather visit on a traveller day than when the VIPs are there, because the VIPs are more disruptive by far.

Re: the merlin VIP branded clothing, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of them began wearing crowns and holding sceptres. Just a bunch of them going round on RMT with their crowns and sceptres, making me hungry for gammon

Merlin could also control this situation by asking their parks to seize the VIP pass from anyone being a jerk.

First offence, suspend pass for 1 month, 2nd offence revoke the pass completely and without refund. Perhaps then there will be some clarity for these particular "VIPs".

The only thing I’m saying on this subject is the person did not break the rules by using the exit/ rap entrance. The ride ops were the ones in the wrong for allowing it. I’d blame anyone. Blame towers and their ops training not following the rules.

Just removed a few puerile posts in regards to post deletion (ironic, I know). Could we please keep to serious discussion about relevant issues as opposed to subtle digs at moderation? Thanks :)

I think in all seriousness, the open letter from Disgruntled User raises good points that many of us here have aired. The guest experience is not what it should be and there is a serious risk of the brand being tarnished.

If people have bad experiences then their confidence could be lost for years, maybe even for good. Unfortunately it seems that Merlin are not listening.

I think in all seriousness, the open letter from Disgruntled User raises good points that many of us here have aired. The guest experience is not what it should be and there is a serious risk of the brand being tarnished.

If people have bad experiences then their confidence could be lost for years, maybe even for good. Unfortunately it seems that Merlin are not listening.

Yep Merlin has a very arrogant culture that appears to come from the top. Over the years it has filtered down to the point where they literally cannot see the problems. They know best and that is that.

You'll get used to it.

<< starts timer to see how long it takes for this to be deleted.

Not long I see LOL

Yep Merlin has a very arrogant culture that appears to come from the top. Over the years it has filtered down to the point where they literally cannot see the problems. They know best and that is that.

Sound a lot like our incumbent Government, but it's not exclusive to Merlin and the Tories, I see this "we know best and you should know your place and be seen and not heard" almost everywhere in one form or another.

The problem is Merlin will never get the message, because for every one of us who don't renew our passes, two more buy new ones.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.