• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well there will become a point where people will have such bad experiences that merlin will see a drop across all of its ticket sales.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Yup and unfortunately by the time that happens, it'll be too late. I wouldn't be surprised actually to see in a few years Merlin enters one of these voluntary arrangements to renegotiate their rents and all that, since they rent just about every place they operate it must be a big part of their expenditure.

Well there will become a point where people will have such bad experiences that merlin will see a drop across all of its ticket sales.

We see this all the time. The cutbacks and then the u-turns. It is a fine balancing act between extracting more revenue from new sources, but not to the detrimental effect of overall revenue. It is a reality that the only thing that matters is revenue. Guest experience is only partially linked to that.

The open letter is fairly well written and I agree with the broad points but some of them seem awfully specific and I am not sure they transcend that person's experience on that particular day.

I think it might have held more water if it wasn't anonymous. I hope they actually sent it too. Posting it online is a halfway house.

In other news, the share price hit a 6 month high today. @matthewgcole is poised for exit at 400p.

That photo was dated April 6th, people wearing coats as well :D

The first link I posted was incorrect, I edited the link. Try again! Sorry about that!

EDIT:
With regards the open letter and VIP criticism, if you read the latest TripAdvisor posts, many are written by such group detailing what an amazing time they had, also, it seems it was an organised trip as Alton gave them exclusive time on Nemesis.

The first link I posted was incorrect, I edited the link. Try again! Sorry about that!

EDIT:
With regards the open letter and VIP criticism, if you read the latest TripAdvisor posts, many are written by such group detailing what an amazing time they had, also, it seems it was an organised trip as Alton gave them exclusive time on Nemesis.
So Towers bending over backwards to do freebies for VIP but can’t be bothered to keep the park open longer for any other customer?

Don’t groups usually have to pay for exclusive ride time? Unless the glowing feedback is payment enough

Someone posted this photo from their visit today. This was the queue for a drink. There are not enough drinks outlets open and it's not even full peak season.

https://flic.kr/p/LC19P3
I spent an average of probably 10/15mins everytime we filled up yesterday and did so at least 6 times.

The one in the photo by Rita annoyed me the most. Both games concessions next to it were manned by three members of staff. No one had a go whilst we queued leaving the staff joking about with each other while about 30 people queued up miserably next door to be served by one overworked girl.

I think they're HB (always used to be), but even if they were all Alton Towers staff they still wouldn't be in a position to help, being in different departments without the training etc.

I dont understand why they dont put some stainless steel water fountains up in each area of the park. Most places have them, they run off the mains water pressure, so all they have to do is connect them to the mains pipes running throughout the park....

I tried using the one in Oblivion's station a couple of weeks ago but it was turned off.

I dont understand why they dont put some stainless steel water fountains up in each area of the park. Most places have them, they run off the mains water pressure, so all they have to do is connect them to the mains pipes running throughout the park....
As people would drink from them and not buy drinks

If theme parks (or anywhere, really) don't want to install them they should be forced to. Florida attractions have it worked out here, people still need to drink whether or not it's 30 degrees.
They should at least make it well know where has water on tap (supposedly some units don't) and that you can get bottles refilled free.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

They should at least make it well know where has water on tap (supposedly some units don't) and that you can get bottles refilled free.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk
After buying what I thought was the cheapest thing in Costa just to get my bottle filled up, and it costing £1.80, I was upset enough that now I just ask everywhere to fill my bottle (politely of course).

The only place that wouldn't was Crewe railway station who apparently have lead pipes. I do feel a bit embarrassed asking for water but I had no problems at Alton Towers.

Instead of a sugar tax (or as well as), the government should implement your idea, mandatory signage encouraging us to drink water, reminding us to stay hydrated etc. And require the installation of water fountains :)

I believe they are trying to introduce a "all places should fill a water bottle on request, without you having to buy something" policy in London. Oddly enough, most busineses are ignoring it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.