• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nice to see the park busy and things running better (well, going by ride times anyway). Really looking forward to our annual pilgrimage next week.

Also great to see better Trip Advisor reviews recently and also CS responding to both the good and bad reviews with a more personal response rather than the usual copy and paste generic drivel.

Hi, so I visited he park back in June where Spinball broke down while I was on the ride. We were offered a green priority pass for 1.2m rides. We didn’t use this pass as we didn’t realise that it included Wicker Man, so we brought it home. We are visiting in around two weeks again and I’m just wondering if we’re free to use this pass on a return date?
It should say on the pass whether you can do that. If not, you're probably better off checking with the park.

Not sure if my eyes are deceiving me or if TS's Facebook page is posting images from back in 2013, but is that..... a somewhat cleaned Smiler queue?!?

38760947_2058159254254508_1922560303812313088_n.jpg

38734791_2058164524253981_3441073264355442688_n.jpg

How it was:
38682730_2058159204254513_3148043554308227072_n.jpg

Just a question about flat rides and dark rides. Merlin doesn't like them, am I correct? ..... So why is there nothing else apart from dragon and pirate falls at legoland? And guess what it's the busiest RTP at present. So all this "general public doesn't like flats " doesn't ring true? Or is it just me?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Just a question about flat rides and dark rides. Merlin doesn't like them, am I correct? ..... So why is there nothing else apart from dragon and pirate falls at legoland? And guess what it's the busiest RTP at present. So all this "general public doesn't like flats " doesn't ring true? Or is it just me?

At a guess Merlin's issue with flats is how they market new rides.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Well they seem to market them well at legoland! So there is no reason why they can't at Alton or Thorpe. Or do they have complete different development or marketing teams?

Well they seem to market them well at legoland! So there is no reason why they can't at Alton or Thorpe. Or do they have complete different development or marketing teams?

Legoland is always going to be a special case when the main pull is an IP owned by Lego AS (part owned by Kirkbi who own 30% of merlin), I think the parks will have their own individual marketing teams

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Legoland is a completely different market though and at least at Windsor they have a hard job getting planning for anything.

Not forgetting they lost Jungle coaster due to noise complaints.

Perhaps an away training day is in order to "share" their creativity. Or maybe merge the departments to offer an operating saving.

Legoland is a completely different market though and at least at Windsor they have a hard job getting planning for anything.

Not forgetting they lost Jungle coaster due to noise complaints.
And. .... .it's the most popular RTP in their portfolio or correct me if I'm wrong.

Legoland parks are a different division of Merlin to the Resort Theme Parks. Whether that makes any difference to the likelihood of new flat rides I have no idea.

I don’t recall them opening any significant flat rides at Windsor since they took over the Lego parks in the mid 2000s.

Mias riding adventure? Ninjago rock and tug thingy? Ninjago dark ride? Atlantis? New haunted house to name a few....

Rock and tug was just a rethemed existing ride, Mia I guess is a flat but they also put one into Chessington in 2010, just a bigger version. They have also added small flat rides at Towers in CBeebies and Heave Ho in Mutiny Bay.

Ninjago and Atlantis are more dark rides which Merlin don’t seem to have a problem with as long as there is an IP - Gruffalo, Derren Brown for example.

That’s the difference though any Legoland ride already has an IP - Lego. Easy for them to market.

They say they can’t do that with Alton Towers - unless they have an IP (CBeebies for example).

I've seen it all now, five people outside burger kitchen near pirate falls I've counted nearly a hundred potential customers turned away . And the place wants to make money? I guess we will spend it elsewhere on the way home. I'm a MAP holder and I've only spent £5 so happy days

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.